One

Anatomy of Broken Heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

.................Jang Hyuk................

Starring at the full glass window while taking a break from work, I heard a knock follow by footstep coming in and I knew it's my secretary.

"Secretary Tak, have you contacted my daughters?" I asked.

"Yes Sir, but..."

"But what?" widened my eyes as I turned my chair and faced my chief secretary who have served me 25 years.

"They're not sure when exactly they will come back." secretary Tak explained. 

"I'm living my remaining life as if I have no kids." I sighed as I held up a photo of my deceased wife. "Wife ah, why you have to leave me too fast". 

"President don't be sad, I'm always here with you" he merely hug me from the back but I respond it with a hard nudge.

"Ow" secretary tak whimpered.

"Ya! Secretary Tak how dare you touch me.."glared at him, "Anyway Before I forget, where's the file of the chosen scholar that will go through this upcoming challenge?" I asked him curiously.

"Bingo I know you will asked, here you go."

Received the data files from his hand. 

"8? Where's 1 more file ?"

"About that, Hangeng rejected this offer for personal matters." Tak explained. 

"Well then I have no choice, this is the best 9 out of all scholars. Just leave it to 8 then and please arranged their move in date to next week and get back to me as soon as possible" I told him. 

"Anything else?" 

"No you can go now" I said.

Two days before the boys move in. 

"Daddy! Surprise We're back!" Jang Nari, my 2nd daughter announced as she and her twin sisters, Jang Byul & Jang Aerri enter my office and hug me, their dad.

"Girls you're back but wait..where's Mirae?" I wonder about my first daughter.

"Ermm Mirae Eonnie...she stuck for another two more days in Japan" Aerri said.

"For?" I tried ask further more.

"Arashi concert" 

"Again?" I sighed.

"So President Jang, what's so urgent to come back in Pyeonchang-dong?" Byul asked me as she fold her arm.

"don't you missed me? " I pinched my third daughter's cheek. 

"Ow ow yes yes I miss you now let me go" Byul rub her red cheek & pouted the minute I let go her cheek.

"I'm still in Korea you see, it's not like I'm in UK or Australia or Japan" Byul rolled her eyes.

"Precisely, you're still in Korea but you never visit me once" 

"But I did call you" Byul stucked out her tongue.

"Ok you win! You girls go hom

Please log in to read the full chapter