Stutter

Resonance

It was a scorching hot day in May, and sweat poured from their foreheads as they played, not because of the heat... But because of the intensity.

The band consisted of six boys, plus myself... I am the keyboardist. Others were my best friend DooJoon, who is the guitarist, and another being my brother, KiKwang, who is a vocalist. DooJoon lives just across the street from us, and actually was the one who asked me to join their band, which was weird for me at first being the only female and all. But with my parents' permission we practice in my garage every Tuesday and Friday from three to seven (That's why my parents approve, cause they're at work). DooJoon says I'm also the band's best critic because I'm honest and I tell them what sounds good and what doesn't or who needs to approve on what, including myself. But even while playing, I always find myself watching their other guitarist, DongWoon.

DongWoon is DooJoon's other best friend, and... I'll let you in on a little secret... I've had the biggest crush on him since junior high. I never lead anyone to believe that I am crushing on someone because I get embarrassed. The only person that knows that I like DongWoon is my girl best friend, Casey Storm. I've known her since birth and I can tell her practically anything.

Watching DongWoon play on hot days like this while trying to play probably isn't good. All I can focus on is how muscular his arms are in that sleeveless shirt and how y he looks when his hair is matted against his face due to the sweat as he intensely plays the guitar like a god.

Suddenly, the music comes to an abrupt halt and I snap out of my gaze. "HyunSeung your beat is off, I can't play to it." said DooJoon. "You were going too fast, just slow down the tempo." DooJoon is the leader of the band, he helps us all out on playing together better and helps each member improve their flaws. I thought he was gonna criticize me, I made several mistakes.

"Sorry hyung." HyunSeung apologized.

"Alright, let's take it from the top, shall we?" shouted YoSeob, who was the other 
vocalist. And man, he doesn't look it, but that boy can sing. "One! Two! Three! Four!"

DongWoon started on the guitar, then HyunSeung on the drums, followed by YoSeob's vocals.

"Whoa~ I really need to know~"

Then KiKwang's vocals are heard softly singing back up."I really, I really..." 

"Whoa~ or else you gotta let me go~"

"I really, I really..."

~~~

After a couple flawless run throughs of our song "Stutter", everyone decided to call it a day. This past week was our last week of actual school, and now this week are exams. 

As the sun began to set, everyone was gathered around the garage, eating popsicles provided by yours truly and cooling down. I never really talk that much around them because since I'm new to the band, I'm really shy and besides DooJoon and KiKwang I don't know the other members very well, though they're all really nice to me.

"So I've kinda been thinkin," YoSeob started, "we need a female vocalist, I think it would be a nice mix with KiKwang and my vocals." His eyes met with mine.

I shook my head. "Oh no. I can't sing to save my life."

"Come on Skye, you can't be that bad," said HyunSeung.

KiKwang opened his mouth to interject, but as I gave him a dirty look he stopped himself.

"Do you really think we need a third vocalist?" JunHyung asked, he is the bassist, your typical bad boy. He seems like he always has a black eye or something from getting into so much fights, but he's a real gentleman when it comes to the ladies.

"I don't think it's a bad idea, it'll be fresh and something not done before," said KiKwang, "but I've heard Skylar's voice, and it's not really... How do I put this? Uhm... It's not good." Settle... Very settle. 

"Well I guess we really don't need a female singer," YoSeob said, "We're pretty good the way we are right now anyway." 

"Hyung, can we perform 'Stutter' at your party Friday?" KiKwang asked HyunSeung.

Okay one little side note you should know about HyunSeung, his family is sort of... Filthy rich. Every year after the last day of school HyunSeung throws a beginning of summer party at his mansion... Yes, mansion. 

"Sure, I think that would be awesome!" replied HyunSeung. 

Perform? In front of people? I should've thought that through... I knew this band wouldn't stay in our garage phase forever.

"I really should be getting home," said DongWoon, packing up his guitar. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Yeah me too," said HyunSeung, "KiKwang, help me pack the drums in the van."

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" YoSeob said walking backwards out of the garage as he pointed to me, "Especially you, Skylar... Be ready for the Spanish exam!" 

"Ugh... Don't remind me..." I moaned.

"So~" DooJoon began, "Guess I should get going too."

~~~

Uggghhh! Studying for my Spanish exam suuuucks. . I can't speak Spanish to save my li~fe. A ha ha ha. Lo siento, no hablo español, me choca clase de español. On the bright side, once I'm done with this exam, I'll never have to speak another word of Spanish again. Hasta la vista... But hopefully we won't. 

And the worst part of it all...

My seventeenth birthday is tomorrow.

my life.

Bing~ My idle computer made a noise, I must have left my facebook up... I got a message.

And from whom...?

None other than DooJoon Yoon.

"Yo." He said. He had such a way with words.

"Wassup?" I typed back.

"Sooo... Someone's birthday is tomorrow."

"You are correct, sir."

"Aaaand I got that person a present."

"Nooo DooJoon!! I told you not to get me anything."

"Well tough~ I did. :) Come by my house tomorrow after exams."

DooJoon is offline.  didn't tell me bye.

No matter how hard I try to tell people not to get me anything... They do the opposite. And knowing DooJoon... There's probably a party tomorrow at his house, just like I told him not to do, because he's DooJoon and DooJoon never listens to what I say.

Well this studying is not getting me anywhere... Might as well go to bed and pray I pass the test.