Final

Cabin Fever

 

I'm hardly on my feet,
and my heart, it barely beats

— Cabin Fever

 

 

T-ara finally finished recording their stage for the music show and so does RapMon and J-Hope’s recording of them dancing to Sugarfree.  V is still laughing along with the staff members as they watch the video while Hoseok’s brighter-than-the-sun’s smile has dissolved.

Hoseok seats at the corner of their dressing room and plugs in his earphones to play much more soulful songs, drowning out laughter, chatters and the next group’s song that he had heard from different music shows before. He slumps down in his seat and closes his eyes, snatching a few minutes of rest to be in his world to relax.

It’s tiring, the non-stop schedules and their long and excruciating practice for their upcoming concert. Sure, he’s happy with his group’s success, but everything is weighing too much on his shoulders and he can’t balance it anymore. He can smile, make every people laugh and be happy, just all for the show. The expectations are just too high and his soul can take just little of them.

Behold, the hidden Hoseok. He thinks sourly.

It’s rare to see Bangtan’s happy pill to be in this aura. It seems like no one can reach in the well that Hoseok has dug for himself. No one knows if he’s drowning or he’s just stuck inside. They can’t reach in so they leave him his space because they know their Hoseok will be back soon.

Of course, water can’t be fetched without anyone pitching in a bucket.  Deep or dry, Jimin always gets a plentiful of the Hoseok they—he adores. He usually gets their kkap Hope out of the well.

Jimin looks at the mirror when the noona says that his make-up is done. He smiles at the make-up artist and says ‘you always make me look good, noona!’  He looks back at the mirror only to see Hoseok’s lone figure at the corner, eyes closed. The dancer sighs and makes his way over to his hyung.

“Yah.” Jimin starts and nudges Hoseok’s leg with his foot.

The latter didn’t even budge. Jimin huffs and kicks the rapper’s knee with a little force.

“What the hell?” Hoseok says irritated, and is about to scold the good er who just kicked him when he saw Jimin’s face, pouting. Sweet Jesus, what do I do? His insides melt at the sight of the cute.

Jimin knows he’s on the safe ground and takes a seat next to his hyung. He clutches his shoulder and pulls down a piece of his earphones, “Why so gloomy, hyung?” he asks as cutely as he can.

You don’t even have to try. Hoseok thinks as he tries to pry his arm from Jimin’s grasp. “It’s nothing.” He answers in a soft grunt.

“Hopie Hyung, you can tell me.”

“It’ll just pass. Leave me for a while, will you?”

If there’s something Hoseok doesn’t know, it’s Jimin being sensitive when he’s pushed away. The only person who knows about this is Jungkook, his best friend among the boys.

“Hyung.”

“What?”

“Things won’t settle easily if you keep your problems to yourself.” Jimin says and walks away.

Hoseok follows the latter’s retreating back with his gaze. Jimin seats in between Jungkook and Taehyung, playing with their phones, and starts to annoy the two.

 

Their final recording for Danger has finally ended. They bid goodbyes to the staffs that helped them for the day and they head home after that, to change clothes and practice.

“Oh, what a great atmosphere.” Yoongi says sarcastically when he saw Jimin and Hoseok are a Taehyung apart. Namjoon elbows him and throws him a glare.

 

The practice room starts to get hot and stuffy as the practice stretches longer. Bangtan doesn’t stop until they get a part smoothly. Hoseok lost himself in the practice and momentarily forgets about everything.

“Get a sleep, kids. Your next schedule is on eleven.” Their manager says and this is the cue for everyone to collapse on the floor.

“Hopie hyung! You’re sweating, get off!” Jungkook exclaims as he tries to push Hoseok’s head off of his thighs.

The rapper chuckles and nudges his head more, “Just a second, please?” he pleads making the younger grunt in response.

What the ? What is this? Jimin thinks angrily. He grabs for the water bottle and his denim shirt on the couch and stomps out of the practice room. It’s just so unfair, he was the one who tried to approach Hoseok first but Hoseok runs to Jungkook. What a ing joke.

He stops by the building entrance to wait for the others. The boys come down from the practice room a few minutes later, chattering about who’s going to go first into shower and who’s not going to shower.

Jimin frowns when he didn’t get a sight of Hoseok. Jungkook noticed the latter not following after them, “he still wants to run over some lines. He said he was a tumbling mess.” He says, “It’s four AM. Just wait for him in the dorm.”

Jimin smiles gratefully, “I’ll just talk to him for a sec. You guys can go ahead.”

“Alright, hot water will run out though! Min hyung is a great hogger!” Jungkook reminds him joking and they both laughed, “Bye!”

Jimin stays at the lobby till the van drove away. It’s not like he’s afraid, his feet are glued on the floor, his throat feeling starchy at the thought of talking to Hoseok.  What a sissy.

 

Hoseok finally stopped when War of the Hormones ended. He lies on the floor spread-eagle, heaving breath. The water bottle is already empty. Great.  He crawls over the bottle and stands to refill it in the canteen.

He knows he should have soften at Jimin earlier, pushing him away proves  bad because the defeated look on Jimin’s face made him feel a lot like an .

Instead of waiting for the elevator, he used the stairs because the thoughts are coming wild again, when he stops moving, the thoughts keep coming. Hoseok finally reached the bottom stairs. he opens the door a little forcefully than he should, good thing there’s no one around. As he walks, he saw a figure standing in front of the elevator, his red cap standing out.

“Jimin?” Hoseok calls out and startles the said man. He wants to laugh when he saw Jimin jump off slightly and turn to him with a terrified look on his face but he fights it off.

“H…hyung?”

“Why aren’t you home yet?” the rapper asks and walks over Jimin who’s looking straight at the elevator door.

“I think I forgot my earphones in the practice room.” the latter answers, his voice thankfully not trembling.

Hoseok frowns and stared at Jimin for a moment. He never forgets his earphones, he always—he saw a white earpiece dangling on Jimin’s shoulders and reached for it. “Is this what you’re finding?” he asks, lifting the earphone that is still connected on his phone, “Really Chimchim, you’re still bad at lying.”

Jimin’s cheeks flushed a bright shade of red and Hoseok finally lets out a delightful chuckle. Maybe Jungkook finally cheered him up. He thinks bitterly.

It’s silent for a while and the elevator is still taking its time to descend to the bottom floor. Hoseok stands next to Jimin, his thirst long forgotten.

“Jimin? I’m sorry about earlier.” Hoseok says softly, “I was just really, really depressed and tired. You know how bad I take expectations right?”

Jimin looks at him with a smile, “I know and it’s ok. You probably needed space. But that wasn’t hard right? Telling me this?” Hoseok nods, “Doesn’t it make you feel better?”

“It does.” The rapper answers with a smile, “I’m still sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Shush.”

Silence takes over again. Hoseok takes another step closer, his hands reaches out to the back of Jimin’s head to pull him in. He plants a soft kiss on the latter’s forehead and steps away again. Hoseok takes delight at the blooming reds on the younger’s cheeks once again.

“You never fail to make me happy. Really.”

“What?” Jimin asked, confused.

“If you weren’t here I think I’m going crazy. It’s so empty.”

Jimin’s head can’t grasp anything; Jungkook, Hoseok, happy, what…? Hoseok is getting a little confusing.

“Stay with me for a little?” Hoseok asks, when Jimin doesn’t reply he immediately adds, “I’ll treat you later!”

“You don’t have to. I’ll stay.” Jimin smiles. He staggers a little when a sloppy kiss lands on his cheek. “Hyung!”

There’s a silly smile on Hoseok’s face. The elevator finally opens and the elder pulls Jimin by the wrist. The elevator closed and his hand descends to take a proper hold on the younger’s hand, fingers intertwining between them.

 

______________________

a/n:  pt.2

heyya! thank you for reading this far! i missed writing emotions involved stories.
i always liked how characters being too vulnerable around each other. I didnt 
mention the boyfriend relationship because they aren't. there is just this
intimacy between them and the thought of knowing each other's weak points
that is well, getting near the boyfriend ship. so yeah, that's it. the title of this fic
is Cabin Fever which i got from listening to Mimicking Birds. It's good i swear!

(click here if you want to listen!)

comments are very much appreciated!