His Jersey

The Jersey

            It’s in the genes. Eunji said once. Her mother loves fiddling with Gucci bags, her father loves polishing his leather shoes, while Chanyeol –Chorong’s younger brother– loves collecting hats and jackets. When Eunji said it’s in the genes, she didn’t forget to include Chorong in it.

            “It’s not that weird, uhh.. Right?”
            Chorong asked when she invited Bomi and Eunji to her house for some sleepover.

            Bomi nodded while Eunji crinkled her nose at Chorong’s wardrobe that was full of Jersey. From the most famous– you name them – until the newest design of almost every team, you can found it in Chorong’s wardrobe.

            “I…at first I thought you didn’t belong to this family. But, after seeing your room.. well, you have the genes, welcome to the ‘Park’s family’!” Eunji cheered while gesturing a chauffeur that offered a princess to go out from the car.

            “You never used them?”

            Bomi questioned her and Chorong answered it with a shrug. She never used the jersey but kept them like she awed over the football teams. When in real? Not.

            “Her genes have some mutation, bbom”, Eunji joked while Bomi tilted her head, not knowing where the conversation flow. Eunji cringed and poke Bomi’s head back to its place.

            “I mean, when her family collected some piece of fashion that they can use…”, Eunji started as she point her thumb to Chorong who was applying her night cream.

            “This chicken feet lover decided to collect things that related to a famous football player with deer eyes in our school. In this case, the only related thing that didn’t made her family suspicious was only jersey. That she never used. Once again, never used.”, Eunji explained, as she rise her volume in some of her speech so the victim knew they were talking about her.

            “And, this madness started when that senior started his kick-off and Chorong begun to like him”, Eunji smirked  when she saw Chorong walked off from her dresser and went into her toilet while shouting, “I DON’T LIKE HIM!!!”

            “Say, YOU LOVE HIM DON’T YOU?”, Eunji shouted back at Chorong in attempt to mock her further.

            “NO I DON’T! YOU PIECE OFF EGGYEOL!”

            And that’s the last respond that can be heard. Because, Eunji knew better not to make a pissed off Chorong became more pissed off. It’s either she made your day as good as living in hell or She made you embarrassed for the whole day.

-----

            Chorong moved her finger lazily on her tab. She has been searching new kind of Jersey to be added to her collection. Unluckily, the hot stuff that updated on the shop she was surfing has been added to her wardrobe.

            Out of bored, she opened her school’s website to check the new entries that maybe the admin had uploaded. The hot stuff that was on the head of the website was Soccer’s team activities. Curious, she tapped on the news.

            Usually, she checked the soccer’s team activities just to see the soccer team schedule that she could watch live. Or when she was lucky, She will find fan-taken photos of Lu.. She means the School’s football team that has awesome skill on the football field.

            The tab was opened and the post was posted by Doojoon. Their sunbae, Bomi’s older brother, and the captain of the football club. He posted a collage of a very dark blue color –that can be mistaken as black if you saw it in a dark room– old picture of the school team before they play in the field, numbers, and some random player backs. Under the collage is a picture with a big question mark with white color and black background. The caption made Chorong’s eye bulged.

            “Are you guys ready for our new costume?”

            This is what she wanted.

-----

            Exhausted.

            That’s the right term to tell how Chorong felt at that moment. She was exhausted from begging here and there. She was asking them if she could have a piece of the team Jersey. In this term, them here means the soccer team member.

            She already asked Minseok, who is a good friend of hers back then, who refused and said it will be weird to let the girl having a piece of the school’s soccer team. Then, she asked Jongdae. Chanyeol circle of friend that refused to help her because even Minseok, his cousin already refused. She held the urge to choke the boy if he isn’t one of her brother’s friends.

            Chorong even tried contacting Minhyuk. Her sunbae, and well.. her ex. It’s not like Chorong was the kind that loves to communicate with their ex. It’s just Chorong that wanted to get help from somebody else.

            This time, Chorong was the one refused. Although she really really want the jersey, she didn’t want to get back to her ex. Just.. No. Even Chorong decided to block Minhyuk’s number first before continuing her struggle.

            Chorong last hope with the smallest chance of getting the Jersey was in front of her. It’s Doojoon. If asking didn’t even help a bit, then asking him would be a big step.

            In front of her, Doojoon was reading some magazine about sport. She tried to sit first beside him which he immediately noticed. He nodded as a brief, “Hello, and yes you may sit there.” And it didn’t please Chorong. Not at all.

            “Uh.. Doojoonie oppa.. May I ha-“

            “From the moment you sat here I already knew what you want”, Doojoon cutted in and made Chorong’s mood brighter for twenty percent to eighty. He began again, “I knew you rarely call any people oppa. Even you called me my name. I knew you really want the jersey”, he paused.

            “But I’m sorry the answer is a no”,

            he continued and the aura that Chorong’s mood’s gave dimmed.

-----

            Chorong was seated in the benches with the position sandwiched between her best friends and her brother right on upper bench. They were watching the match between their school and the other school, who known because of their unbreakable winning record. And for your information, the benches were really full. Most of them wanted to know who will be the winner of this big match.

            But, for Chorong.. She wanted to see the new team’s Jersey.

            Yup, they were using the new one. And that makes Chorong wanted to jump into the field to steal one of the jersey. Although, she couldn’t did that.

            The last minutes of the game was heated. The score was tight. Chorong clutched on her shirt while watching Xiumin hovering over the ball and pass it to Luhan. After some good passing between Luhan and Jongdae, Luhan move to the front of the hurdles. The ball flied slowly but sure… it passed the keeper hand and then…

“GOALLLL!!!”, The whole player from her school screamed.

            Everyone from Chorong’s School was screaming in pure bliss.

            The players started their happiness as soon as possible in the field. Some opened their jersey and making weird moves with their body. Even Doojoon couldn’t stop running around the field while screamed, “MY TEAM WIN!” and “THE WOLVES ARE COMING” or something between howling and barking.

            Chorong smiled at the sight in front of her. It’s okay for her not to be selfish sometimes

            (Well, she thought she still wanted the jersey but.. okay)

            At least, almost everyone feel happy because of this matter. Well, who won’t? This is the League Cup that will make every school screams popularity if the school’s football team won the gold medal. So, that’s why.

            Before Chorong leave the bench, a soft nylon fabric hit her face and fell onto her lap.

            It’s the School new group Jersey with number seven written on the back of it.

~~~

                 Chorong was outside the locker and changing room. Waiting for Chanyeol, who said that his friend –or jongdae to be exact– needed him to organize some party for the school winning or whatever.

            Chanyeol had asked her to wait for him and went into some sort of ‘overprotective brother’ phase. Which he developed, when he sense some boys are trying to flirt with Park Chorong or something like that.

            So, Chorong was supporting her body on the cement based wall and waiting for a human-elf named Park Chanyeol. She wasn’t that concentrated when the football team was out from the changing room with the loud cheering and all.

            The conversation was muffled because they were just so happy. Chorong, who knew that she hasn’t had the courage to talk to Luhan, just focused her eyes on her toes.

            Unluckily for Chorong, after the football team already left, Luhan was still in front of her, crouched down and tying back his sneakers. Luhan glanced to his side to see that Chorong was eyeing him. He stood up and faced her.

            “I just want to give your jersey back”

            Without Luhan asked, Chorong already uttered what she wanted to do. He cocked his eyebrows and hummed. He took the jersey, observing it and made the back faced hers.

            “So, what’s your favorite number?” Luhan asked her.

            Not knowing what her crush did, Chorong simply answered, “Seven.”

            Luhan lowered the jersey, folding the jersey as neat as he could and gave it back to her, “It’s yours then. Right?”

            Chorong’s eyes bulged but she was concerned of what will Luhan use for the next match.

            Luhan smiled, “Don’t be worried that much. Each of us has three jerseys. Just in case we have more than one tournament in a week or so. And I still can join the next batch production, because some of the players haven’t got it.

            Since.. You know, they were talking about you in the changing room. I thought giving one of my jerseys won’t hurt. Well, at least they won’t be talking behind your back again. And you’re so lucky that my back number is the same as your favorite one”,  Luhan ended his explanation shyly as he rubbed his neck.

            Chorong clutched the jersey to her heart and bowed to Luhan. “Thank you! Thank you, han! One, four, three!” Chorong said as she sped off to where her friends were. Luhan just smiled and chuckled. The chuckled then rang off as Luhan’s eyes bulged.

            “FROM WHERE THE HELL CHORONG KNEW THAT I WORE NUMBER SEVEN???” He screamed mentally.

            And yet, Luhan was really planned to search for the jersey since he at first wanted to give it to Chorong. He was shocked when it was her who caught the jersey that he twirled when they won.

            Luhan was just plain lucky that he managed to conceal the shock that he received. Otherwise, He was still plain shock because no one really care about the back number.

            Then it hit him.

            Carelessly, he typed into his phone. Pressing the call button, he waited the receiver to pick up the phone. Until three rang the receiver picked up.

            “Yeah, hello? What is it, hyung?”, The other line said. Luhan tried to inhale and exhale as calm and possible.. then, “PARK CHANYEOL YOU ! WHY YOUR SISTER KNEW MY BACK NUMBER AND WHAT THE HELL IS ONE-FOUR-THREE!” yet, he screamed to his phone. Calm mode success is zero percent.

            What irked Luhan was Chanyeol laughter on the other side of the line, then he calmly replied, “Told ya, she likes ya, but you’re just plain too immersed in your own feeling for her when she has one for you” and ended it with laughter.

            Luhan just blinked his eyes, trying to consumed what the taller said, then he continued, “One-two-four means I love you~ bye~”, and with that the call ended.

            Wow, just wow. Did the person that he liked from the second he landed his eyes into just confessed to him? He couldn't believe in his own hearing.


Hello! This is me adellakrs, I know some of you were still sad with the fact that

Luhan leaves EXO too. But, hey! Atleast he is at his hometown, spending his

time with his family, so yeah this is why i made LuHan as a normal student au.

Because Idols are human too :)