Second Time Saying Goodbye

A Second Goodbye

Luhan woke up in the middle of the night. “Damn…” he murmured. It was his head, his illness that was causing him pain again. He stared at the ceiling. “Maybe I should…” he thought to himself.

 

“Hyung, are you crazy?” Sehun exclaimed when Luhan told him.

“Sehun-ah…” Luhan trailed off. “I…”

“But hyung, you can’t! Yifan hyung’s already left…” Sehun mumbled. “Lu-ge…”

“Sehunnie, you’ve got to realise that SM isn’t treating us right,” Luhan explained. “I’m going to tell everyone else, okay?”

“Okay, hyung,” Sehun sighed before Luhan pulled him into a hug.

“You’re a good boy, stay like that okay? Don’t disappoint me,” Luhan whispered in his ear.

 

“You can do it, Luhan,” he said to himself. “You’re manly, remember. Yifan did it, so why can’t you?” He paced around the EXO dorm. He was in a dilemma – if he left, EXO will only have 10 members, but if he didn’t, his health would be a mess. Luhan sat on his bed and sighed. Having been discovered in Myeongdong when he was an exchange student, Luhan was asked to join SM Entertainment, but they never respected him. Luhan closed his eyes. His head was throbbing again and the pain got worse by the second. He lied down on the bed and fell asleep before it got any worse.

 

“Look, Luhan, we will respect you, okay?” Suho smiled at Luhan with teary eyes. “We’ll miss you but, at least you’ll have Yifan.”

“Thank you, hyung,” Luhan stood up and gave Suho a hug. “I’ll never forget EXO, never in my life.”

“Lu-ge,” Lay stood up to give him a hug. He was a mess – his face was red and wet from crying. “I will never forget you, ge…you were always there for me and…I wish you the best of luck and one day I hope we’ll be on the same stage together again.” Luhan felt a tear falling down his face. Yixing had said it in Chinese, and only him three of them could understand. The EXO members cried. Their second hard time this year already. SM Entertainment was breaking apart…

 

The day came for the court appearance. He trusted Kris’s and Hangeng’s lawyer – and now also his. “Think of the fans...think of your brothers…think of your parents…think of Kris…think of your life.” He mumbled to himself. He was going to be a man and win this.

 

After a tiring day, Luhan found himself pushing the door to the EXO dorm. “I don’t belong here anymore,” he thought as he sighed. The dorm was obviously empty, because he knew the busy schedules of EXO. He looked around at the pictures on the wall. Awards, performances, concerts, members…they echoed in his head.

“We are one,” he whispered. “Always one.”

 

“Lu-ge we’re back!” Tao exclaimed cheerfully – at least he pretended to look cheerful. Luhan could tell that he had been crying just by looking at how red his eyes were.

“So, how did you go?” Suho asked. Luhan remembered that he had asked the same question for Kris – when they came back to the dorm to see Kris holding a picture in his hand.

 

The dorm fell silent.

 

Only fast heartbeats could be heard.

 

Luhan took a deep breath.

 

“I…” he burst into tears. “I won.” The members crowded around him and hugged him.

“Lu-ge, I’m so proud of you,” Yixing sobbed.

“Luhan, you might be scared of ghosts, but you’re a manly person,” Suho said over the noise.

“Hyung, great job,” Sehun’s soft sobbing could be heard.

“Come on, why are you crying hyung? You should be happy!” Chanyeol said through his tears.

“Baby don’t cry, tonight~” Baekhyun immediately followed on Chanyeol’s line, make the bunch laugh while crying.

“Hyung, seriously, cheer up. You won, didn’t you?” Jongdae said. “You have no idea how good you are at singing, man. You’ll have a much better future in China.”

“And dancing,” Kai added to Chen’s statement.

“Luhan-ah, I’m proud of you,” Xiumin’s voice sounded. “I’m proud to be your hyung.”

“Ge…you and Yifan-ge should be a duo, you know,” Tao smiled while crying.

“I so agree with Tao,” Kyungsoo smiled. “Hyung, I’ve never called you that but…I know I have to.”

“Thank you guys, thank you,” Luhan managed to say while crying.

 

“Yifan, I’m coming back,” Luhan said over the phone.

“Luhan-ge? Are you serious here?” Kris’s voice sounded shocked. “I mean…”

“I’m technically following your footsteps, Yifan,” Luhan said softly. Kris smiled down his end.

“Lu-ge, I’ll see you in China? Let’s meet up some day, and get better soon,” he said happily. “And say hi to them for me.”

“I will, and you get better soon, okay?” Luhan replied, cheering up. “Bye Yifan.”

“Bye Luhan, see you later” Kris replied before hanging up. Luhan smiled. He was going to be alright.

 

“Joonmyeon, take care of them, please,” Luhan pleaded. “Especially the Chinese ones.”

“I will, hyung,” Suho smiled. “You take good care of yourself okay? I won’t be there to boss you around anymore, and if you ever see Kris, tell him that I say hi and tell him to get better soon or I will literally start sending him vitamins. As for you, if you don’t get better, I will send them to you too.” The two laughed.

“Suho, when did you become so funny,” Luhan rolled his eyes, obviously imitating Sehun. “But seriously. Take care of them, please…”

 

“Where are we going, Suho hyung?” Sehun asked innocently.

“Aish Sehunnie, stop acting innocent,” Kai joked, earning himself a slap from Sehun. “Yah! Respect your elders!”

“Yeah Jongin, respect your elders!” Chanyeol exclaimed before Kai looked at Chanyeol who was squashed on the side. Jongin sheepishly smiled as everyone in the car laughed.

“You guys haven’t changed,” Luhan commented. “And I hope you never will.”

“Hyung, are you going to come back and visit us?” Baekhyun suddenly said.

“Of course I will, when I get some free time,” Luhan replied. “When you guys come to China, I’ll be there to see you. With Yifan. I hope.”

“Someone answer my question! Where are we going?” Sehun yelled.

“You’ll see,” Luhan replied to Sehun. “Maknaes these days.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

 

They were at the Winter Sea once again – the fresh breeze that brushed their faces felt cold but refreshing, as if a new beginning.

“Hyung,” Sehun handed him a plastic cup. It was bubble tea. “Your favourite flavour too.”

“Don’t I get one?” Tao exclaimed jokingly. The rest of them just laughed. They remembered the time when Luhan lost the game and had to run into the water – that was when they still had 12 people. The thought made them feel sad – now they were going to lose another member.

“I’m not running in there again,” Suho declared.

“You’re the leader, Joonmyeon,” Xiumin said.

“Hey! You should run in with Luhan since you’re the oldest,” Suho suddenly exclaimed.

“Who said I was going to run into the water?” Luhan asked in confusion. “That water is freezing, I tell you.”

“Fine, nobody run in then,” Chanyeol suggested. “Let’s go have some fun, shall we?”

 

“He’s too good,” Lay commented as Luhan shot a goal. “Next time we should play basketball instead.”

“He’s still going to win,” Baekhyun added. “Remember he’s the basketball MVP.”

“Just saying, Minseok’s on his team, which makes them undefeatable,” Kyungsoo commented.

“Who put them in the same team?!” the other two raged.

“Woah, why are you two yelling at me?” Kyungsoo exclaimed. “He picked Xiumin!”

“Who picked Xiumin?” Luhan walked over.

“You!” the three exclaimed, almost making Luhan fall backwards. “You can’t have two people who are good at this on the same team,” Baekhyun pouted.

“Too bad, you guys need to learn,” Luhan pulled a face. “Practise with Xiumin hyung when I’m gone, okay?”

“Don’t say that,” Yixing looked at Luhan sadly before Luhan gave him a hug.

 

“I’m so tired!” Jongdae exclaimed as soon as they arrived at their dorm. The rest of them collapsed onto couches, chairs and beds.

“And I have to fly back tomorrow,” Luhan sighed.

“Wait what?!” the 10 exclaimed, sitting up from whatever they collapsed on.

“Didn’t I tell you?” Luhan frowned as he sat up as well.

“You said at the end of the week, hyung!” Sehun whined.

“I was joking, geez you gullible people,” Luhan chuckled.

“Oi! That’s not nice!” Chanyeol exclaimed as the 10 decided to Indian-Bop him. “This is the last one you’ll ever get so let’s make it….”

“Chanyeol!” Luhan exclaimed as the 10 charged towards him.

 

The end of the week came quickly, and Luhan sat in the dorm as he watched TV to see EXO’s different performances. The day before his flight, the members came back with a little – more like huge - something in their hands.

“We got this for you, Luhan,” Suho said. It was a giant basket filled with different presents from everyone, with photos and different CDs and most importantly, a soccer ball with the rest of the members’ signatures and messages on it. Luhan’s eyes widened at the present.

“Wow…” he murmured. “Guys, you really didn’t have to…”

“Don’t say that!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “We put effort into it!”

“Alright then, I’ll just have to figure out how to get it back to China, and thank you so much…like really…” Luhan hugged all of them, eventually resulting in a group hug.

 

The day came. Luhan had packed all his bags and he was ready to go back to Beijing. Suddenly, he spotted a picture – a group one – of EXO when they still had 12 members. “I can’t forget this,” he thought as he wiped the dust off the picture. He remembered how Kris clutched it in his hands when he left. He felt tears rolling down his porcelain cheeks. He knew exactly how Kris felt – back then. the picture with his fingers, he heard the door open slowly.

 

“Lu-ge, are you crying?” Yixing’s soft voice said.

“Yixing…” Luhan turned around to hug him. “I will miss you,” he said in Chinese.

“I’ll miss you too,” Yixing sobbed. The rest of the members came in as they quietly cried while watching the two.

 

The trip to the airport ended too fast. The members didn’t bother trying to convince Luhan like they did to Kris – they knew there wasn’t much point. After checking in, Luhan turned and hugged them again.

“Luhan, take care of yourself, now that you won’t have me to play soccer with,” Minseok smiled at him.

“Stay healthy, okay? Remember, I will send you vitamins if you don’t get better,” Suho commented.

“Ge…please, don’t overwork yourself,” Tao said sadly.

“Lu-ge, I’m going to miss you so much,” Sehun sobbed. “You and your bubble tea.”

“Practise your singing, okay? I’ll miss singing Moonlight without you,” Jongdae said softly.

“Don’t forget me, hyung, I’ll always be the talkative one, you know,” Baekhyun stumbled on his words.

“Stay happy, hyung,” Chanyeol’s voice sounded.

“Hyung, this is the last time you’re going to hear me calling you hyung,” Kyungsoo joked – or at least tried to.

“Hyung, be the manly deer that you are,” Kai cried as his tears came streaming down his face.

“Luhan gege,” Lay said quietly. “One day, I will see you again. Come and see our performances, okay?”

“I will, guys,” Luhan stuttered through his tears. “I promise.”

“Luhan,” Suho grabbed his hand. “No matter where we are, even if we all break up, we’re still one, because our hearts are connected.”

“Joonmyeon,” he cried as he hugged him. “Thank you. For everything.”

 

Reluctantly, he turned around to go through the door.

“I love you all!” he shouted over the noise before leaving. “We are one EXO!” EXO stood as ten, waving him goodbye, some crying, some smiling, and some smiling and crying at the same time. Luhan smiled through his tears as he waved goodbye. Before turning away for the last time, he counted 1, 2 and 3.

 

“We are one EXO!”

 

They were quite sure everyone at the airport heard that.

 


 

Just saying. I don't own the pic XD

Also. Just saying. If you like it PWEEEEEASSSSSSSSSSSSE upvote and subscribe! Thank you! Yehet! :P And kkaebsong Luhan's leaving :(