Final

Idiot Taehyung. (Why Can't I???)

Final - Idiot Taehyung

 


My name is Jeon Jungkook, age 18, high school student and I am inlove with my best friend. Park Jimin.

School, to be honest, I only go just to be with him. Sure, I may get marks which would be called "excellent", but none of that really matters because I'm not interested. He has been my best friend ever since "He", which is none other than Kim Taehyung, betrayed me.

 

~~** Flashback**~~


'Hyung! Come play with me!' Little Jungkook of 10 called out to his best friend, Kim Taehyung, from the playground's swing. Taehyung, seeing him, playfully swinging, smiled back in return, 'Kookie-ah, stay there alright? Hyung is going to buy tasty ice-creams. I promise I'll come back soon.' Taehyung softly told Jungkook. He nodded in return because he knew that his favourite hyung and best friend would never break a promise.

Even though Jungkook was only 10, he was as smart as a high school teacher. But he never wanted to admit that, he just wanted to be a normal child, cute, squishy and stupid! He never told his secrets to anyone, and no one had a clue that he was that intelligent, but his best friend knew everything, It was like he could see through him.

He found it quite suspicious that Taehyung would suddenly be talking about getting ice-creams, but then again, we were talking about Kim Taehyung. So, he just ignored the feeling and continued on playing. 

But after several minutes, Jungkook began to feel lonely. He waited for an hour or so, but Taehyung was still nowhere to be found.

The sky was beginning to darken and Jungkook to worry. People passed him by, not even bothering to help him, but instead, whispered somthing about him and gave him pitying looks. His tears were threatening to flow but he held them in. He needed to be strong.

Actually, he only wanted to stay at home, either read novels or watch TV with his hyung but now, that wasn't possible because, he was at the park and his hyung was nowhere to be sighted.
He could go and search for him, but his stupid concious told him to stay put as if someone would come and help him. And he was wishing that it would be Taehyung. 

He wasn't sure why he obeyed his concious nor was he sure why he started crying. 'Stupid! Idiot! I should have gone with him.' He scolded himsef, wiping his tears but, they were still flowing uncontrolably.

'Pardon me but, what's wrong?' A boy, small and cute, asked politely asked him. He looked up and saw the other looking at him rather worried.

He wanted to answer that it was nothing, he really did, but his mouth didn't listen to him and told him everthing. 

The other patted him on the back and gave a reassuring smile. 'It's alright, I'll take you home. I'm sure your friend had some good reason for not coming to get you. My name is Park Jimin, nice to meet you.' he offered his hand. Jungkook smiled weakly and accepted the offer.
Until then, Jimin and Jungkook were best friends and he never knew why Taehyung did his actions because from then on, he ignored the other.

 

~~** End of flashback~~**

 

I am very fond of Jimin even though, sometimes, he treats me as his own bother but I still won't give up on him. Maybe he had the same feeling as I have for him.

You see, he thinks I have the hots for (as what people would say) Taehyung, the school's kingka. (P.S I never told him that the one who left me at the park was Taehyung)

I don't want to ever tell him that, I never want to tell him that, because I didn't want to remember those feelings, and I knew that I wouldn't get those feelings ever again.  Well, atleast I thought I wouldn't.

Jimin asked me to talk to him in private, up the school terrace which I found suspicious, but still went. 
It was too familiar, what I felt, was too familiar. 

Abandoned.

Heartbroken.

Sad.

Left Behined.

Betrayed.

Rejected.

Miserable.

Crushed.

And.... Lonely....

 

'Min Yoongi just asked me out.' Jimin said, rather shocked while I just stood there, speechless.

What? 

'And um.. what was the reply?' I cleared my throat, holding back my tears.

Please don't say yes..

'And.. I said yes..' He replied.

Jimin headed downstairs after he said that his new boyfriend was waiting for him.

 

'Idiot!' Junkook scolded himself as a drop of tear rolled down his soft cheeks.

'Wow, Jeon Jungkook, you still haven't changed I see.' The voice of a familiar person to Jungkook, said.

He turned around, hoping that it wasn't the person of whom he thought he was, but luck wasn't on his side that particular day.

'Dammit!' Jungkook whispered which was only heard by him....

'What do you want?' Jungkook asked rudly, wiping away his tears.

'Woah, Kookie-ah, calm down.' Taehyung joked.

'Don't call me that!' Jungkook warned.

'Why? We're friends aren't we?' Taehyung smirked.

'Freinds? Friends?! After what you did? You have got to be kidding me. Freinds.' Jungkook scoffed.

'It wasn't my fault that you left without me! It wasn't supposed to be like that!' Taehyung defended.

'What do you mean? You didn't even explain.... You just stopped being.... you.' Jungkook couldn't hold it in anymore. He started crying. He covered his eyes with his hands, but suddenly he felt warmth, like someone was hugging him.

'And I'm sorry for that. I really am. So, would you give me the chance to explain now?' Taehyung whispered into his ear, shakily.

What do I do? My crush is taken, my life is miserable and now, after 8 years, Taehyung is asking me to forgive him? It couldn't get more worse, could it?

Jungkook looked clearly, deeply into the dark brown eyes of Taehyung's and saw that he wasn't lying so, finally answered, 'Okay, explain. It'd better be good.' 

Taehyung gave out a relieved sigh, 'Thanks. Remember Jung Hoseok?' 

'The one who bullied me just because I beat his science project hands down? How could I ever forget?' Jungkook said, full of sarcasm.

Taehyung chuckled, 'Well, he was spying us when we were in the park. I spotted him and we talked near the ice-cream stall. I told him to stay away from you, but he made me a deal. He would stop bulling you if I took your place.'
'So.. Those scars? You sacrificed yourself just for me?' Jungkook asked, surprised,

Taehyung continued, 'Honestly speaking? Yes, but I kept that promise. I did come back, with two ice-creams, but you were already with another small kid.' 

'You idiot! Why didn't you tell that to me? Why did you avoid me?' 

'I was afraid that you would be angry with me.' Taehyung said weakly.

'YOU IDIOT!' Jungkook shouted.

'It wouldn't take a genius to know that I would be angry, after all, I was stranded in the middle of the park. And I was only 10! But you coulnd have just explained it to me!' Jungkook scolded Taehyung.

Taehyung could do nothing, but only look down and listen.

'I'm sorry, I really am.' Taehyung apologised again.

''I know you are and you better be!.' 

'Would you be the best and forgive me?' Taehyung asked with his puppy eyes.

Jungkook thought for some time, maybe he was lying. But he turned to Taehyung and realised that it was the truth because Taehyung never changed. He was always asking forgiveness with his adorable puppy dog eyes.

Jungkook finally gave in because he couldn't resist the cute puppy.

'Sure.' He said and hugged him.

 

They headed home together and before they went their seperate ways, Jungkook hugged him tightly and whispered, 'I love you, you idiot!' 

Taehyung smiled, 'I love you too Kookie-ah.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooo?? How was it? It come out as I hoped it would, but... eh~

Please upvote, subscribe and comment!
Always,
ILoveEXO_BTS_BAP