My Brave Angel-First Meeting

My Brave Angel

My name is Luhan and I am a former EXO member.

                Like all people I have made bad decisions in my life, and like all people I have made decisions I will never regret for the rest of my life.

                One of those amazing decisions was to leave EXO, I may have made myself one of the most well-known men across Asia, and if I continued, I might have even been world-wide famous. But then, I would have never met Xu Na Ling, my angel.


 

 

                It started on a chilly fall day. I was alone, and hurting. Not just mentally, but physically as well. My body was failing, I knew that. I couldn't take another day of rigorous training with my fellow band mates. I'm not stupid, but I didn't want to give it up.  Being an idol. Being famous. With my name being yelled every time I was seen. It was addicting, but I was backed up into a corner, it's either my life or my job.


 

           

                Telling Lay and Tao was difficult. No. Agonizing. Kris had already left, in pursuit of his own dreams. When he left though, we had made a pact to stick together, to be a team.

                I was going to break that promise.

                I stared directly into both of their eyes, "I'm leaving."

                They stood, shell-shocked, eyes widening and then filling with sadness. Anger. Disappointment. But also understanding.

                Tao made the first move, he stepped over to me and gave me a hug, tears already running down his face, "Ge, we understand. We can feel you hurting, and it's hurting us too. But we were selfish, we didn't want you to leave." He pulled away and smiled through his tears, "Don't worry, we'll always have your back."

                Lay walked over as well, his eyes red and joined our hug, "Just... Don't forget us okay?"

                I chuckled, my throat thick and clogged, "You rascals? I don't think I could forget you if I tried."

                "...And Tao?"

                "Yes, Luhan?"

                "You look ugly when you cry."

                "YAH!"


 

                I went to the same law firm as Kris did. I guess I did understand why he left, how he felt, when he was filing his lawsuit. After all, aren't I doing the same thing?

                I was sitting in a comfy leather chair, letting my body that had grown weak sag into the soft cushions. I was waiting for my lawyer to see me. I had specifically wanted a Chinese translator, so it took a while to find one.

                While I was waiting I grabbed a magazine and flipped through, and like almost every magazine, there was an article about EXO.

                I laughed sadly, the stories were far cries from the truth. It was a little bit ridiculous how people can just make assumptions on someone's character, completely disregarding what the truth really might be.  But sometimes they were on the dot, especially about Kris. They knew before we even did.

                I could still feel the utter despair when I realized he wasn't going to come back. That is probably how Tao and Lay feel right now, that empty hole by their side.

                I had almost changed my mind about leaving but just then a hurried clacking of shoes interrupted my thoughts. Usually when I heard hurried footsteps, it would be followed by a voice asking for my autograph or a selca. I looked up to see a young woman carrying files, that looked extremely heavy, run hurriedly into the room. She was pretty, from what I could see. Her long dark hair looked soft and healthy pulled back into a ponytail, her full lips and lifted into a soft smile. Her eyes scanned the waiting room and I waited for her to recognize me. But her eyes just flitted past me and didn't give me a second look before looking down on her papers.

                "May I see Luhan now please?" Her voice matched her appearance, quiet but firm.

                I raised my hand, "That's me."

                She nodded softly, once, avoiding any type of eye contact with me, "Follow me please, sir."

                I stood and immediately a wave of fatigue washed over me. But as sudden as it was, it disappeared just as quickly.

                As I walked slowly behind her, I was still astounded by the fact she had no interest in me whatsoever. It was like she saw me as just another client. I was so used to being stared at and gawked at that it never occurred to me that someone might not care. As strange as it sounds, but I liked it. Feeling normal.

                I was intrigued by this girl. And I wanted to know more about her.

                And that was how, I, Luhan first met Xu Na Ling.

                Little did I know at that point how important she was to me.

A/N: First chapter! It's short, but don't worry future chapters will be long. I promise! Enjoy!