Final

You'll never know that I love you

It is quiet in the dorm. All lights turned off, everybody sound asleep as it is 2 o'clock in the morning. Except for one person, who is now opening the door to Xiumin's room. He then walks to Xiumin's bed and stands there for a while watching how the small stripe of moonlight illuminates his face and makes his features stand out even more. With ghost-like touches he caresses his face, let's his fingers glide over Xiumin's cheeks, to his forehead, down his nose and over his lips. 

Through the years it has become a habit for Luhan to sneak out of his room to Xiumin's and stand there for some time, before returning to his room. If it wasn't necessary for him to sleep to be able to put up a good show for the fans, he would be able to stand there for hours and look at Xiumin's face for forever. He could never get bored of watching him. Oh, how Luhan wishes he could tell Xiumin. Tell him he fell in love with him from the moment he first met him. How he wishes he could make those beautiful lips his, claim them with his own. How he wishes Xiumin would have the same feelings for him and be loved by him, held in his arms at night, feel protected by him. 

But those things will never happen. Xiumin has already found his true love and he couldn't be more happy. So who is Luhan to take that away from him by telling him he loves Xiumin. In the end the thing Luhan wants most is for Xiumin to be happy. He knows that Chen is perfectly capable of making Xiumin's life perfect. But that doesn't mean it hurts Luhan any less, he feels relieved that Xiumin is happy, but he can't help to think about how it would have been if he had been in Chen's place. And he knows he shouldn't be here, watching Xiumin, admiring his face, but he can't help it. 

He gets startled when he hears footsteps. A sleepy looking Lay is standing behind him. 'Come, you need to sleep.' He gently takes Luhan hand and Luhan lets himself be pulled back to their room. 'I know you love him and I know it hurts, but you'll get over him.' Lay says. Tears hang from Luhan's eyelashes. 'How long did it take you to get over Suho?' 'I won't deny that it took me a few years.' 'It hurts, Lay, it feels like my heart is crumbling more everytime I see them together.' 'I know. It will be alright. Come here.' Lay pulls him in a hug and that is when Luhan allows himself to be weak for a moment. All the tears he had been holding for so long come out. 'It will be okay, you will be okay.' 'Thank you, Lay.' He whispers. 'Don't worry about it. Now go to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow.'