Chapter # 4

Your Sanctuary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Couple of weeks passed by, Howon and Sunggyu became closer, but no kiss occurred after the one in their first day after the wedding. After spending a week cuddling, going out for a walk, mostly late at night, as they preferred the quiet environment, Howon started his classes.

 

When Howon had his classes, Sunggyu would be in the second floor preparing lunch for Howon and sometimes, he would secretly sit at the top of the stairs in an angle that Howon’s back would be facing him, listening to him and copying what he wrote on the green board hanged on the wall.

 

Sunggyu didn’t know why wasn’t he confronting Howon about his desire to study along with the other kids who were attending his classes. He thought he would probably look stupid around kids who barely aged 10, and were way too smarter than him.

 

Sunggyu’s mind was somewhere between the stars in the Milky Way. He did not notice the kids running out the house. He did not notice his husband walking up the stairs and standing just beside him until the stack of papers in his hand was pulled away.

 

Sunggyu shrieked and quickly stood up. He looked at his husband and bit his lips as he saw his husband looking through the notes he took the past days.

 

“So,” Howon looked up from the papers to look at his husband who was looking at him with his shoulders dropped, “you enjoyed stalking me in my classes and taking notes?”

 

“I-, I was bored, and I thought, I mean, I just,” Sunggyu shrugged, “I don’t know.”

 

“Why don’t you join my class then?” Howon slipped his arm behind his husband lower back and pushed him slowly inside and walked to the kitchen, “smells good.”

 

Howon smiled as he placed the stack of paper on the side of the table as he sat down on the chair.

 

Sunggyu served his husband some food and sat down facing him after serving himself too. “You are teaching kids, and they are smart, sitting with them will probably make me look stupid.” He huffed as he poked the food with his chopsticks.

 

A chuckle from Howon made Sunggyu look up and glare at him, “it’s not funny, I’m serious.”

 

“Okay okay!” Howon raised his hands while laughing faintly, “I didn’t say you anything. You said it yourself. And no, you wont look stupid. But,” he moved his chopstick to poke his husband’s lower lip, “if you don’t feel comfortable with the idea of studying together with the others, we can always choose a certain time and I will teach you alone.”

 

“Really?” the latter’s brownish orbs suddenly were filled with genuine happiness, and to Howon, at that certain moment; they looked the most beautiful orbs in this world.

 

Howon nodded with a smile as his husband started digging in his food with a grin on his face.

 

When both of them were done eating, and Sunggyu was taking the dirty dishes to the sink to wash them he said, “Oh, I’m going out with your mother this evening.”

 

Howon’s arms circled themselves around the younger’s waist as he leaned his head on his shoulder, “what for?”

 

Sunggyu shrugged. “I don’t know, she asked me to accompany her to get some stuff.” He turned around in his husband arms after drying his hand, “Why? Already missing me?”

 

Howon raised his eyebrow and smirked at his husband, “and if I said yes? Will you stay?”

 

The younger brought his index and tapped his chin softly as he tilted his head while humming, “no~”

 

He stuck his tongue out at the older, who in return tightened his hold around the younger waist.

 

“Can I kiss you?”

 

The out of subject statement made Sunggyu freeze in his spot and blink at his husband.

 

None of them said anything and Howon really was dying to taste the sweetest lips once again. He leaned down and placed his lips on his husband’s softly, planting soft kisses on the red lips.

 

The thin long digits that were barely touching his chest trembled softly, along with soft breaths coming out of the younger lips. Howon chuckled softly as his palm caressed Sunggyu’s lower back.

 

He moved his lips to the latter’s ear, making sure they brushed softly against his skin. “Why are you nervous?”

 

If Howon was enjoying this, Sunggyu was wishing the earth would swallow him at the moment. Just anything that will make his husband stops his teasing. And his wish was granted when someone knocked on their door.

 

 Howon threw his head back and growled at the intruder. With a fake cough, Sunggyu ran away from his husband arms, who whined at him. And no, Sunggyu didn’t smile at his husband cute action.

 

His mother in law was the person Howon was holding grudges on at the moment. She did not only ruin his enjoyment, she stole his husband with her, reasoning it that she had to come back home early so she thought leaving at the early afternoon is the best time.

 

~㉨~

 

Sunggyu and Sojin were walking together around the town with paper bags in their hands. They were done with what Sojin came for, but she thought a walk around the town would be good as a change.

The sudden screams and cries brought their attention. Group of people running toward where Sunggyu was sure is his parents’ house. Freaked out, he let go of what he was holding and ran toward the pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter