Two

The Girl From Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pain.

That’s what welcomed her back to life. Krystal was finally in conscious state. She saw one of her personal maids ran off the moment she opened her eyes. Soon enough, her mother came running to her side, followed by her father. 

“Krystal?” Her mother’s voice was covered with worry.  Everyone nervously waited for her response.

“Hi Mom” Krystal finally said, deep sighs of relief filled her room.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay,” she paused, slowly positioning herself to sit. Krystal’s hand shifted from her aching head to her stomach, “a bit hungry I guess” she chuckled.

Krystal’s father walked to the other side of her bed, “All of you please step out of the room and prepare her food” he commanded the servants, “I need to have a word with my daughter”

“Yes sir” the servants orderly went to the kitchen.

He sighed.

Her mom sighed.

“What now, dad?” She exhaustingly said. Krystal knew that her father had come up with some sort of a lecture for her. Although she was hoping for him to let it pass for now until she fully recovers.

“I’m disappointed in you” He declared, by now her mom excused herself and exited the room. “How many times do I have to tell you?”

“Dad, I just wanted—“

“You cannot live a normal life Krystal” He took a seat on her bed and took a hold of her right hand. Father and daughter looked at each other’s eyes, “Please, don’t do that again. Your mother and I was sick worried about you”

Krystal hated how her father forbids her to live a normal life, but she knew that it was all for her own good. Her dad is one of the most respected politician in the capital but, he’s also the most wanted to be destroyed. Her dad is loved by everyone for his correct way of doing public service, he has also exposed a lot of conspiracies before, thus gaining himself countless enemies.

She sighed, “Okay dad, I promise I won’t do something like that again” 

He finally smiled, “Thank you daughter” he paused, “I will get the servants to serve your meal" He then stood up and walked towards the door.

“Dad!”

He looked back to his daughter, “What is it?”

Krystal hesitated for a moment before continuing, “I want to properly express my gratitude to the person who saved me” she closed her eyes, hoping for her request to be granted.

“Okay.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Whispers.

Squeals.

Blushes.

That’s what he has to deal with every day in school. Everyone’s treating him like a sort of celebrity. He doesn't really complain but deep down he wished not to be the centre of attention, even for just a day. He just wanted to live a peaceful life. Being unwantedly famous makes him feel isolated from everyone. He let out a deep breath, he felt sick of witnessing the same scenario every day.  

“Oppa!” A random girl came to hand him some gift. “Thanks” he quietly said, making the girl squeal in happiness. He coldly watched the girl walk away enthusiastically from him.

“Myung Soo oppa~!” The voice came from his long time and only friend, Hoya. They both laughed at his imitation. Hoya then spotted a beautifully wrapped thing in his friend’s hand as he approached him, “Ooh, another gift?” he teased, “Yaa, just go be a celebrity”

He glared at his friend, “Shut up” 

.

Just like how any of the other days ended, Hoya and Myung Soo walked out of the school together, “So how was class today?” Hoya asked.

Myung Soo shrugged, “Boring like always” they both laughed.

“Oh by the way,” Hoya said after remembering the information that he has acquired. “Do you remember the girl you saved?”

“Yeah, what about her?” he replied.

Hoya chuckled, “Turns out that she’s the daughter of Darnel Jung”

Myung Soo stopped and faced his friend in disbelief, “Darnel Jung as in??” He now realized why he was offered a large amount of money and also why he didn’t get any news about the girl. He rejected the reward as the most important thing that time was for him to know if the girl’s condition was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter