final.

Sweeter Than Fiction

Wendy was worried about their leader. Throughout the whole ride to the airport, the girl had been sneezing and coughing, which clearly says that she wasn’t feeling well and yet, when the rest of the girls were asking her on whether she’s fine or not, Irene only break out into a smile and nodded her head.

 

Something that would likely be coming from Irene. Although Wendy couldn’t really say that she had known Irene forever, since Seulgi is the one who clearly spends more time training with Irene, Wendy knows how to read the older girl. Irene might be child-like at times, but the latter would never try to worry the rest of the other girls.

 

Wendy could only give Irene spare glances as she made her way out of the van, not wanting to be that obvious towards the people around her. Or even Irene herself.

 

“Hey, hurry up Seungwan-ah. You’re gonna be left behind,” Seulgi laughed, motioning Wendy to speed up her pace to which she did.

 

“Wendy-unnie, do well alright? I know you can do it!”

 

Wendy could hear one of their fans screaming out to her and she only smiled in return, waving towards the hoards of fans.

 

Just as she was about to get her passport checked by one of the officers, Wendy swore that she caught Irene staring at her for a moment before briskly making her way towards the boarding gate up ahead.

 

She’s probably seeing things, she thought.

 

-

 

“So…”

 

It never crossed her mind that she would be sharing a room with Irene. Sure Irene had mentioned about wanting to room with her, but Wendy never thought that it would happen any time soon. Seulgi and Joy were more than happy after being told by their manager about the room arrangement at the hotel.

 

It just means that they could play around a bit more than usual, instead of being on their toes all the time to not wake the sensitive duo, by which refers to Irene and Wendy.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Which bed do you want to take unnie? I’m fine with anything,” Wendy nodded, settling her things at the corner of the room. Irene on the other hand just stared blankly into the space before answering the younger girl.

 

“I’ll take this one then, it’s not directly under the aircon,” Irene smiled and let out a small grunt as she sat on the bed. And again, Wendy just couldn’t help but to worry about the leader. It seems to her that Irene was pushing herself a bit too hard. Irene’s cheeks were even more flushed than usual, and it definitely wasn't because of her make up.

 

“Do you want anything unnie? I could call the room service for you.”

 

“Oh? Do you know how to speak Japanese?” Irene chuckled teasingly, causing Wendy to blush.

 

“Well no… But I could speak English? I’m pretty sure they could understand English.”

 

“Well, I suppose they would,” Irene smiled once again. “But we’re going to have to leave soon for the concert venue though. Let’s just rest for a moment,” Irene nodded and laid her head on the soft pillow, sighing contently as she closed her eyes.

 

“Alright then,” Wendy nonetheless reached for the phone and called for room service, asking the hotel staffs for a favour once she got back from the concert.

 

-

 

Wendy heaved a sigh as she made her way offstage, relieved that the concert is now over. All she cares about right now is for a comfy bed, and perhaps food too but she didn’t really mind if she didn’t get to eat. As long as she gets some sleep.

 

Speaking of sleep, Irene should probably be the one to get that well-deserved sleep the most. It’s amazing on how the leader managed to pull through the performance. For once, Wendy was actually glad that they only have little time on stage, compared to their seniors.

 

Wendy secretly waited for Irene to come down, wanting to get the chance to hook her arm around Irene’s but to her disappointment, Joy had beaten her to it.

 

“Oh, what are you doing there unnie?” Joy asked.

 

“Ah nothing, I’m just waiting for Seulgi,” Wendy shrugged her earlier intention and smiled, grabbing on to Seulgi a bit too rough that it even caused the bear to almost tumble.

 

“Hey, I know you love me but you don’t have to be that rough,” Seulgi joked dryly.

 

“I’m just showcasing my love for you, my wife,” Wendy went along with the joke, playfully giving a wink towards her same-age-friend.

 

The while the two were being affectionate with one another, there was one person in the place who was a tad jealous and unhappy with things.

 

-

 

“Unnie, aren’t you going to shower first?” Wendy quirked a brow, watching Irene heading straight to bed after changing into her casual clothes.

 

“I’m tired, I think I’m going to head straight to bed,” Irene shrugged, resting an arm over her eyes.

 

“Oh…” Wendy slowly nodded. Not long after that, the bell to their room suddenly rang and Wendy had almost forgot about the favour that she had asked the hotel staffs for. Irene curiously took a glance at the younger girl who was rushing to open the door, and was a bit surprised to see Wendy returning with a tray of food. And if she wasn’t mistaken, it looked like a bowl of porridge?

 

“You should eat first unnie, before going to bed. I called the room service earlier to bring some porridge for you when we got back. There’s even some medicine for you,” Wendy smiled and scratched her nape, placing the tray on the bedside table.

 

“I…” Irene blinked for a few times and a smile crept on her face. “I told you that I was fine didn’t I?”

 

“You always say that you’re fine unnie. It’s okay to not be fine sometimes you know,” Wendy chuckled and sat on the empty space right next to Irene on the bed. “You are going to eat don’t you? I specifically asked them to make abalone porridge for you. It’s good for your health,” Wendy reached over for the tray and carefully set them in front of Irene, handing over a spoon to the older girl. “Would you like for me to feed you too?”

 

“That would be nice,” Irene smiled wryly. She might as well be a kid if Wendy decided to pamper her.

 

“Such a cute kid,” Wendy grinned and playfully ruffled Irene’s hair in return.

 

“I’m always cute.”

 

“I know,” Wendy hummed softly and little did she know, just her two words were enough to make someone’s heart flutter. The younger out of the two gently blew on the warm porridge, wanting to make sure that it wasn’t too hot for Irene before feeding her. “How was it?”

 

“It’s good,” Irene nodded. “Aren’t you going to eat too?”

 

“Don’t worry about me unnie. I’m not hungry-“

 

And her stomach just had to growl as soon as she said that. Wendy looked away in embarrassment, earning a soft chuckle from Irene.

 

“Let’s share the porridge then. I won’t be able to finish this on my own anyways,” Irene grabbed the spoon from Wendy, and it was the latter’s turn to be fed.

 

“Thank you unnie,” Wendy carefully chewed on the porridge, savouring its taste and her empty stomach was definitely welcoming the food. Irene wondered to herself as she took the chance to stare at Wendy. Somehow, someway, Wendy can always warm her up. And Wendy fits perfectly as her ideal type, in which she wrote down in the interview they did before.

 

A warm person.

 

-

 

The weather seems to be worse than the day before. The police even warned them on there’s a typhoon coming on and that they should cancel the concert for everyone’s safety but since preparations had been made, they couldn’t exactly cancel everything.

 

Everyone ended up wet by the end of their performances but thankfully, nothing bad happened to the artists. Wendy could only worry about Irene from a distance, and she once again was glad when the concert was over. Irene shouldn’t even be under the rain and yet, the girl persists on wanting to come out at the end, where all of the artists bid their goodbye to the crowd.

 

As soon as they arrived to their changing room, Wendy didn’t waste any time and the first thing she did was to grab a towel within her each before trying to dry up Irene.

 

“Unnie, you’re all wet now. What if your fever gets worse?” Wendy furrowed her eyebrows, her lecturing tone starting to come out and Irene felt like a kid in front of her. Here she is, standing still while letting Wendy dry her up when really, she could’ve done it by herself. “I told you not to come out during the ending earlier.”

 

“But I wanted to greet our fans…”

 

“You did that yesterday, and I’m sure that we’ll have plenty of chance to do that in the future,” Wendy sighed and placed the towel around Irene’s shoulder, ignoring the fact that she’s still dripping wet. “You need to take care of yourself better unnie.”

 

“…You’re still wet yourself though,” Irene pointed to Wendy bluntly, in which Wendy took a look at herself.

 

“Oh. But I’m not sick though,” Wendy defended herself and crossed her arms.

 

Irene could never beat the younger girl in terms of stubbornness. So she decided to give it up and in return grabbed another towel and helped in Wendy drying up.

 

“Alright, it’s time for you to dry up now.”

 

-

 

Wendy was the one sneezing instead right after they reached their room, and she wondered whether she’s getting a cold because of the rain earlier. It was Irene’s turn to be worried and the older girl reached out to feel Wendy’s forehead without a word beforehand.

 

“You’re a bit hot.”

 

“What are you talking about? I’m really hot unnie,” Wendy laughed at her own joke, but Irene wasn’t amused for one bit.

 

“Silly, you told me to take care of myself better when you should be doing the same as well,” Irene frowned and flicked Wendy’s forehead, gently pushing the younger girl onto her own bed. “Take off your clothes, I’ll clean you up.”

 

“Wha- T-Take off my clothes?” Wendy widened her eyes and blushed, immediately trying to cover herself.

 

“You have a fever, you can’t really shower so I’ll help in cleaning you up,” Irene blinked. “What did you thought I was going to do with you?”

 

“A-Ah nothing…” Wendy muttered in embarrassment. How could she even think that the leader was going to do something indecent to her? “I could clean up myself unnie. Besides, you’re still sick.”

 

“I’m feeling slightly better now. It’s my turn to take care of you,” Irene folded up her sleeves and looked over to Wendy. “You can leave your lingerie on. Would you like for me to undress you instead?” Irene smirked playfully, and it only took that to make Wendy rushed to take off her clothes instead while Irene went to grab the necessary things. Sure, the outcome would be the same in the end but Irene undressing her is just…. inappropriate.

 

Irene then returned to the half- girl with a bowl of warm water, along with a towel.

 

“Let me turn off the aircon for you,” Irene said as she eyed Wendy on the bed who was shivering a little and went on to turned off the aircon as she said.

 

“Thanks unnie.”

 

“You’re welcome,” Irene nodded and dipped the towel into the bowl of warm water before gently pressing the towel against Wendy’s skin, not missing any inch on Wendy’s body. The leader made sure to do her job carefully and before Wendy knew it, Irene was already done. “There you go. I’ll go grab some clothes for you alright? And then you can change-“ Irene was silenced when Wendy placed her finger over her lips.

 

“Thank you unnie. I can take it from here.”

 

“If you say so then,” Irene smiled and got up from her spot to clean up everything. By the moment she was done, Wendy was already in bed, snuggling up against her pillow. “Sleep well Wendy-ah,” Irene slipped under her covers and sighed comfortably as soon as her back touches the bed. It definitely had been a long day, and the four of them needed to get up early for tomorrow’s flight.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“Hmm?” Irene muttered, closing her eyes as she does so.

 

“Can I sleep with you tonight?”

 

Irene thought for a moment before answering the younger girl. “Sure. Why not?”

 

-

 

“You look like a mess unnie,” Joy snickered, with Seulgi following suit. The four of them had already landed safely in Korea and Irene only glared at the two, her hair messed and she didn’t even care with the fact that she barely had any makeup on.

 

“Whatever.”

 

“Unnie still looks pretty though,” Wendy complimented the older girl with a smile. Both Joy and Seulgi on the other hand only rolled their eyes in return, with Seulgi speaking up first. They weren’t completely oblivious to the fact that Wendy had some sort of affection to Irene, but they never really pointed it out.

 

“Well, I’m guessing that you two would make a good match then. You two look like a hobo couple.”

 

“Hey, I’m offended by that,” Wendy clutched onto her chest dramatically.

 

“You don’t like being paired up with me?” Irene pouted, tugging on Wendy’s hand lightly.

 

“I do, I do unnie! It’s just that she just called me a hobo and I-“

 

Wendy was cut off as Irene laughed. “You don’t have to be defensive now. I’m just kidding.”

 

“Uh huh unnie, you don’t have to go all Lawyer Son on Irene unnie,” Joy grinned.

 

“Oh hey, that’s a nice one you have there Sooyoung-ah,” Seulgi snickered and gave their maknae a fist-bump.

 

“Come on, let’s just ignore those two idiots,” Irene sighed and shook her head, hooking her arm together with Wendy before leading the way out of the airport. Tons of fans had been waiting for them, and Wendy had to try her best to conceal the blush on her face. She wouldn’t want to be caught on camera blushing while having Irene next to her.

 

 

Author’s Note – There you go xD Red Velvet oppas are just so hot I can’t even- /dies. Now let me get back to my studying. u_u /crawls away.