Day One

Poisoned

The doorknob turned. A detective with small, but intense eyes looked up at the client. A beautiful woman with short swept hair stepped toward his desk. Taking off her jacket, she revealed a bright read ress, which she threw on the dusty couch in the corner. All seven pairs of eyes were on her as she seductively walked to the leader detective's desk and sat down.

"Jun Hyosung, nice to meet you.", she talked while staring into the leader's eyes.

He smirked. "Detective Kim Sunggyu, at your service. How can I help?"

Hyosung leaned forward a bit. "I have a slight problem, nothing hard to solve. A few days ago, I was in my house when I heard a noise upstairs. I went to check it out, and upon entering my room, my prized diamond was missing from my safe. I don't know what happened, or who stole it, so naturally I came here for help. Can you find it? 

"Lady, it's not 'can you', its 'you will'. Just leave it to us." Sunggyu responded.

The girl called Hyosung beamed at him and began to take out her wallet. "How much should I pay--" 

"Hey, we're not some dirty P.I.'s. Paying for fighting crime is pretty wrong." This statement came from a detective with long brown hair. Hyosung noticed his desk's name tag. It read, "Det. Lee Sungyeol".

She nodded and handed Sunggyu a key and a slip of paper.

"This is my address and my house key." She read. "I left everything as it was when the diamond got stolen. Hopefully you can find something."

And with that, Jun Hyosung stood and made her way to the door, stepping out into the bright lights of Seoul's night. 

 

As soon as Hyosung left, the room exploded with cheers. "YES! We actually got a client!" A detective with pink hair, named Dongwoo yelled as he ran around the room. Sungyeol was jumping on his desk with a feminine looking boy called Sungjong, while a blonde haired detective called L smiled quietly. Sunggyu went and hugged two detectives named Hoya and Woohyun. 

The greasy one clapped Sunggyu on the back. "Wait till Chief Jungyeop hears about this! Even a rookie detective division can get a client easily! Oh hyung, did you also get Hyosung's number? I'd like to discuss with her more...about the case of course.", he said, grinning.

At the mention of "Hyosung" and "phone number" Sungyeol came bounding over. With wide eyes, he said, "Hyung, I need that too..."

Sunggyu laughed and said, "Why do you guys need her number?"

"For business!" Sungyeol and Woohyun exclaimed simutaneously.

"Too bad, she didn't write it down." 

A groan of disappointment came from the two. Sunggyu continued, "Besides, we're detectives, we have to keep a strict work relationship with her. Alright, let's head over to HQ, we gotta ask the Chief to authorize our investigation."

The team of 7 detectives called INFINITE walked out of their office to go to the Seoul Police Dept.'s headquarters.

Meanwhile, Hyosung looked on as the boys walked to their car. She took her phone and called an unknown person.

"I got INFINITE on the job. I'll update you once they've traced it. And...get the tablets ready, they'll need it for sure."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPD Headquarters, Gangnam District, Seoul

 

INFINITE walked into the police HQ building. Immediately, they walked to the SPD police chief, Jungyeop's office. He was typing a case report when the seven walked into the room. Sunggyu cleared his throat.

Chief Jungyeop looked up. He was a rough looking, middle aged but sturdy man that looked like he had seen everything bad Seoul had to offer.

"You boys here to request to join the main force again?" He asked while typing.

Sunggyu shook his head. "Actually, we came here for authorization to take action. We've got a client requesting our services."

The chief stopped typing and looked up. Raising an eyebrow, he said, "Oh? Well, that's a relief to hear. Hopefully my investment in you boys becoming a detective division pays off well."

Hoya spoke up. "We'll get the job done easily, then you won't doubt us anymore."

Jungyeop nodded and signed a paper authorizing INFINITE to take the case. "Good luck and stay safe. Remember what I've taught you."

All 7 bowed in thanks and turned to leave. As they were walking, Sungjong spoke in an irritated tone.

"Why does Chief Jungyeop still think we can't do a detective's job properly? I mean, he gave us our own division and office, why--"

Sunggyu cut the maknae off and started explaining how you had to work to earn others' respect.

Meanwhile, L was walking when he bumped into a red-haired girl. Scratching the back of his neck, he quickly apologized. After taking a closer look, he recognized her as Song Jieun, the SPD's new intern, whom he had made quick friends with ever since she arrived there. 

She waved aside his apology and said, "Hey Myung, how's the team so far?"

L (Myungsoo) smiled and responded by saying that they just had been employed by their first client. 

Jieun exclaimed, "Wow! I'm so happy for you! You guys will solve it, cause you're INFINITE! Kim Myungsoo fighting~"

He found himself laughing, something only he could do with his team. He shrugged it off, guessing it was because he had been granted his very first case. 

"Thanks Jieun." He said, "Oh, how's your singing career going? I heard from Daeryong last week that you landed something big?"

She nodded, "I'm performing at the Rosinante hotel on Friday for a big party."

The Rosinante Hotel was a famous megahotel in Seoul, that the wealthy usually went to, so naturally L was surprised.

"Really?" He asked, "How did you get that job?"

The girl pouted. "Are you saying I'm not good enough?"

L quickly shook his head frantically and exclaimed, "No, of course not. It's just that...that's a pretty fancy hotel. I've only seen famous singers perform there."

Jieun laughed and playfully hit his shoulder. "I'm just kidding, Myung. My friend is the party planner's daughter, she thought I would be perfect to sing there, so I got the gig." She showed him a poster outlining the event, which was a party inviting the city for its anniversary,with a barely visible bunny symbol in the corner.

Myungsoo made the "I see" expression and started to ask whom the party was being thrown by, but he was interrupted by Dongwoo, who was yelling for L to get to the car so they could go to Hyosung's house to investigate.

He made a quick goodbye to Jieun and ran in the direction of the black Porsche Cayenne. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyosung's House. Jegi-dong District, Seoul

The seven entered Hyosung's house. She seemed to be away, as the house was dark and uninhabited. It was big, about half a mansion, Hoya estimated. 

Sunggyu turned and faced the group. "Alright, I'm going to split you guys up. Sungyeol, Sungjong, Dongwoo, and Hoya. You guys are in charge of looking for fingerprints around the house. Find out how the intruders got in. Woohyun and L, you're with me, we'll examine her room. Let's start!"

As the other 4 went to examine the house, Sunggyu, Woohyun and L made their way to Hyosung's bedroom. It was considerably big, with red curtains and white bedsheets. 

"Seems she likes red.", Woohyun commented as he walked around the room.

They came across the safe that was raided. L took out his magnifier and examined the safe. 

"They were really careful not to leave any fingerprints." L said as he looked around the exterior. "None on the outside."

He shifted his attention to the interior of the safe. "None on the inside eith-- Wait hold on."

L zoomed his magnifier on the metal brace that used to hold the diamond. He found a small part of someone's fingerprint. 

"Hyungs, come take a look at this."

Woohyun and Sunggyu came over and looked at the fingerprint's image L had captured. 

Woohyun scanned the image with his phone. His phone was connected to the SPD database, which had info on every single person in Korea recorded. Heck, he could even figure out where G-Dragon was right about now. Woohyun had a feeling that if his phone landed in saesaeng fan hands, some serious was going to go down. 

After a minute, the search finished. 

Woohyun looked at the person's description. "Found you." He smirked. "He's known as Zelo, real name unknown. Part of a criminal group the SPD's been trying to take down for the past 3 years." 

Sunggyu was intrigued. "What is the group's name?" he asked.

"Unknown. they've never been able to figure out all the members, or their official name. All they know is they have a symbol tattooed on their wrist."

"What is it?" Sunggyu and L leaned forward.

"A bunny." Woohyun said matter-of-factly.

They broke out laughing. L, with tears in his eyes said, "A bunny? That doesn't give off the 'criminal' vibe!"

Woohyun chuckled and looked further, "Not a bunny-bunny, but a abstract figure."

He showed a image of a cartoon bunny with long ears and...a gas mask?

L made the "oh" expression and replied, "Never mind then. I was thinking of the actual bunny, like the easter bunny, you know?"

Sunggyu agreed, "Yeah, that's what I was thinking too." 

Woohyun showed them some more info. "The Rosinante Hotel was rumored to be the HQ of the criminal group, but it was dismissed since it's such a major building in Seoul."

At the mention of "Rosinante Hotel", L remembered Jieun telling him about the party she was singing at. The poster she showed him had the exact same symbol in the corner, but it was barely visible, impossible to see if you didn't look around carefully. 

He stood. "Guys, I think I know where we can find it, at--"

L was cut off by a cry of pain from below.

All three sensed something was horribly wrong at Hyosung's house. 

 

Running downstairs, they saw the gruesome sight of Sungyeol lying in a pool of blood with a knife in his chest.

 

 

 

=======================================================================================================================

A/N.

Thanks for reading my first chapter of this fanfic! Please tell me what you thought in the comment section, feedback is appreciated!

Goodnight!

-mobius1ne