[1]

Forever Happy

My phone buzzed as the doorbell rang. Louds bangs began pounding on the door and I hurried my steps.

 

“Coming!” I yelled out, hearing incoherent mumblings. As soon as I opened the door in came my friends. Sisters to be more specific. Not blood-related, not at all, but sisters nonetheless.

 

“It smells wonderful in here.” Sunny took a big nostril full of the air inside the large house. Seohyun gently pushed her shoulder, not saying anything but we all knew what she was going to say. Yoona giggled.

 

“We don’t have much time.” Taeyeon took a deep breathe. “When is she going to be home?”

 

“Very soon,” I said, scrolling down my texts.

 

“This house isn’t going to be decorated itself!” Sooyoung exclaimed, lifting the plastic bags full of streamers and balloons.

 

Yoona cackled, “We’re going to ruin her house.”

 

I stood for a second in silence and wondered if it was right to even let this all happen before me but once I felt a small tug on my hand by none other than the youngest, I knew this was going to be good.

 

“Let’s start.” I nodded.

 

-

 

“Shhh!” Hyoyeon hissed, flicking Sooyoung’s forehead. Sooyoung yelped and I stood to go open the door.

 

“Yuri! Open the door! I forgot my keys!”

 

“Stupid.” Tiffany mumbled playfully, hiding behind the couch.

 

I laughed a bit, putting a finger to my lips, telling the other girls to keep quiet. They all nodded as I walked to the doors, “How do you forget your keys?”

 

Turning my hand on the knob, I let the blonde girl in.

 

Her eyes lit up upon seeing me, “Did you grow taller?!” She squealed, hugging me tightly. I took a couple steps back and let out a small chuckle, “No, you just got smaller.”

 

Jessica took a step back, smiling widely before looking around the house, “What are you? A bat? Why is it so dark in here? Turn the lights on.”

 

And as she went to turn the lights on, the girls jumped out and screamed in unison (not really).

 

“Happy birthday, Sica!”

 

The twenty-eight year old widened her eyes and her jaw dropped. Her eyes flickered over to me and I took a stream of confetti, throwing it in the air, “Happy birthday!” I smiled.

 

Her eyes then scanned over each and every other member. She spent at least five seconds just staring at the seven other girls in awe. Clearly she didn’t believe they were here.

 

Soon enough, she started tearing up.

 

“This calls for a group hug!” Sooyoung exclaimed, jumping over the leather couch and rushing to Jessica. One by one, they all rush to form a large barricade of warm hugs around the petite girl. I smile and joined it, placing my arm over Sunny’s shoulder and the other around Tiffany’s waist.

 

“I can’t believe you all came.” She said in a small voice.

 

“Believe it, sister!” Tiffany smiled widely with that special smile of hers. All of us backed up and watched Jessica wipe away her tears.

 

“I love you all so much.” She whimpered.

 

“Stop crying you’re going to make us all cry too.” Sunny commanded in a cute tone although the tears were already building up in her eyes.

 

“Seohyun is already crying.” Yoona pointed. Seohyun punched her shoulder and let out a whine.

 

“You’re all cry babies!” Sooyoung exclaimed, “Yes we love eachother very much! Yes we love you, Jessica! Yes we’re all lovable! Stop crying!”

 

Everyone soon began to laugh and the rest of the girls ran off to explore Jessica’s large house. Jessica stuck by me and poked my waist, “I’m guessing it was your idea?”

 

“Actually, we all thought of it together.”

 

She raised an eyebrow, clearly not believing me.”

 

I laughed, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pulling her in for a hug, “Yes, it was my idea.”

 

“Thank you.” She mumbled, wrapping her arms around me to return the hug.

 

“It was no problem. I’m sorry we didn’t have one for you the last couple years.”

 

“It’s okay, as long as you’re all here now.”

 

“We’re always here for you, Sica.”

 

She tightened her hold on me, “Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

Hyoyeon came rushing in the room with Sooyoung behind her.

 

Jigeumeun So Nyu Shi Dae!” They screamed at the top of their lungs. I could hear loud footsteps of running come down the hallway.

 

Sunny and Yoona.

 

“Apurodo So Nyu Shi Dae!” I couldn’t help but laugh at the height difference.

 

I heard more footsteps coming down the stairway.

 

Tiffany and Seohyun.

 

“Yeongwonhi So Nyu Shi Dae!” I’ve never heard Seohyun scream so loud before outside of the entertainment business.

 

Now all we needed was the last person.

 

Taeyeon.

 

The lights dimmed as Sooyoung carefully lowered the light switch and the eldest walked out with the large cake in her arms, a proud smile on her face, the fire from the candles illuminating her face.

 

I took hold of Jessica’s hand and pulled her closer to the group of girls who connected their arms together.

 

Now we’re complete.

 

“1…” Hyoyeon started.

 

“2…” Sunny continued.

 

“3!” Seohyun chirped.

 

“So Nyu Shi Dae, saranghae!”

 

Candles blown out, faint smell of smoke in the air, smiles plastered on our faces.

 

I knew it was going to be okay.