Chapter 1 - The Beginning and the End

The Betrayal

Baekhyun stormed into his room, slammed the door, and locked it. Frustrated, he slumped against the door and roughly ran a hand over his hair. Thoughts raced through his mind as he willed himself not to cry. He couldn’t; already there were tears streaming down his face as he thought of her. The pain struck him like a thousand knives. How could she do that to him? How could she betray him without even batting an eyelid, when he trusted her?

                “Baekhyun?” A voice broke into his thoughts. “Baekhyun, can you please come out now?”

                Ah, that voice. It was breaking him down. Fresh tears came flowing down as he drew in a shaky breath. ‘Traitor,’ he thought, ‘how are you able to even say my name, after what you did to me?’ But even then, he knew that he still loved her. How could he not?

                “Baekhyun, when do you plan on coming out?”

                Baekhyun covered his face as he moaned in anguish. Of course he still loved her. Even though she cheated on him, he still loved her. “Ha,” he whispered softly to himself. “When did you become such a pabo?” But the heart could not be controlled by the mind. Yes, he was a lovesick fool. Yes, he still loved her, even though his mind screamed out, “Danger! Cheater alert! Warning, beware of traitor!”

                Baekhyun, I’m getting annoyed here.”

                Baekhyun scoffed. What right did she have to say that when she was the one who wronged him? Cheated on him? Made him cry?

                “Go away,” he managed to call out in a quivering voice. “I don’t want to see you.” But did he really?

                Silence.

                Then, she exhaled loudly and stomped her foot.

                “Honestly!” she exclaimed angrily. “It’s just a game of monopoly!” 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha! Did I get ya? XD