Longing for You

A Cupid's Chokehold

Trudging through the autumn leaves, Sera is embarking on a new life path. She made note of all her sights and surroundings in the quiet suburb nestled in the outskirts of Toronto. As she sees the sidewalk curving up onto a hill, Sera lets out a huge sigh. "Why did I have to bring a suitcase that's almost as big as me?" The big hill in front of her wasn't the last thing to hinder her ability to get to her new home; the inability of letting go of her past life in Korea chained her mentality down and she feels helpless, once again.

 

"Miryeonhage.. Oh. Oh" Sera quietly sang out the last lines to Dolls. She looked on to see that most of the muses were sprawled out on the floor sleeping soundly after too many drinks. All of the remaining muses have gathered at a noraebang for Sera's farewell party. 

Sera looked at her band mates and started to cry. "I'm really going to miss these dorks," she thought to herself. She briskly escorted herself out of the room and sat outside. Her small cries turned to huge sobs. After a few snorts and swallowing a small amount of her tears, a hand with a handkerchief clasped her nose.

"Stop," the voice demanded. At that moment, Sera stopped crying. "Now blow." Sera's head tilted up and saw who the hand belonged to. It was Hyemi and she looked tired for it was quite late into the night. Sera blew loudly into the handkerchief and started to cry again. Out of all people, it had to be Hyemi. Knowing the fact that it was Hyemi trying to comfort Sera hurted her even more. God, why does it have to be Hyemi. To put it frankly, Sera had been ignoring Hyemi for a couple of weeks before her announcement of her impending departure, in hopes of losing her attachment to Hyemi. That obviously didn't work and basically she was being a for nothing this whole time.

"Stop it, goddammit. You know you look really ugly when you cry." Hyemi said. Sera gave a small crooked smile to Hyemi and they both laughed. "I really do look stupid right now huh," Sera admitted. "Yup. You little ing dork." Hyemi answered. They looked at each other for a couple of seconds and laughed even more and they continued to laugh until their sides hurt. Then, Hyemi sat next to Sera. 

Both of the girls let out a sigh and there was a moment of silence. Hyemi cleared to break the silence and said, "You know. I'm going to miss you"

"Yeah. I'm going to miss you too. Sorry for being a this whole time, Hyemi. I really didn't mean it." Sera confessed. 

"You were being a because?" Hyemi paused and looked at Sera expectantly.

Sera laughed and put her arm around Hyemi's shoulders. "Gosh, she's so ing adorable," Sera thought to herself. Sera pulled Hyemi closer and whispered in her ear, "Do you really want to know?" Hyemi's chin was now resting on her shoulders and her head pulled closer to Sera's ears and whispered in her most cute voice, "Please tell me, unnie." 

That was the magic word that made the little hairs on Sera's neck stand. Unnie. Hyemi rarely used honorifics with Sera because both girls were that close and Sera was cool with it. Hyemi was probably the only younger person that had Sera's permission to do so.

Sera slightly turned and tilted her head to look down at Hyemi. She stared at her forehead then at her cute nose. Her eyes wandered at Hyemi's squeezable cheeks. Slowly, her eyes inched toward Hyemi's lips. Sera paused and her heart was beating rapidly. 

"Unnie?" Hyemi said puzzledly.

"Oh. My mind just went blank." Sera let out a small sheepish laugh and cleared to bring her back to reality. Hyemi got off of Sera and sat up straight. Then, Sera took both of her hands and stared right into Hyemi's eyes.

"Let's see... T- to be honest with you, you're the one person I'll be missing the most. I'll never forget the times that we had." Sera took a slight pause to try to make sense of the words that will be coming out of . "You know. The good, the bad, everything. I enjoyed every moment with you and I'm glad to have you..." Sera paused for another moment and felt her heart beating hard and fast against her chest. She couldn't say it. She just couldn't. Hyemi looked at Sera, anticipating for her next words. Sera finally uttered "... as a friend."

Sera immediately let Hyemi's hands go and shot up from her seat. "I really need to go." Hyemi looked confused and opened to find no words coming out of it. Before she knew it, Sera was gone. 

Sera was finally at the top of the hill and proceeded to her new home which was just behind the next corner. Soon, she was at the steps of her house. Grasping at the handle of the suitcase, she dragged the suitcase up the flight of stairs. "This is pretty heavy. Geez, my clothes don't weigh this much do they?"

Sera opened the door and collapsed on the floor. "Better unpack now or I'm just going to forget about it later," she said aloud to get her motivated. 

She slowly ped her large suitcase and jumped to the back of the living room. A figure emerged from her suitcase and fell to the floor.

Dear god. It was Hyemi.

"Um... What were you doing in there?! How the hell did you survive 10 hours in that thing?! Are you ing nuts?!" Sera exclaimed. 

Hyemi crawled quickly towards Sera, got on her feet, and launched towards Sera. Sera was knocked down by Hyemi and both girls were facing each other face to face on the floor. 

"I'll tell you who's ing nuts." Sera looked at Hyemi's face with a bewildered expression. "YOU. RYU SERA. YOU. RYU. ING. SERA. After all those ing weeks of you ignoring me, I don't get an apology or a goodbye and I'm not counting the fact that you also owe me an explanation."

Sera smiled at the fact that Hyemi's words were insinuating the fact that she is into her. 

"This is definitely not the appropriate time to joke around." Hyemi clenched her teeth and her face scrunched into an angry look.

"You are too cute. Do you really want to know the reason why I was ignoring you?" Sera asked.

"Well, duh. Say it." 

"Do you really want to know the reason why I was ignoring you... Babe." Sera repeated. 

Hyemi's expression softened and she was going to open but Sera raised a finger to her lips. "I have always been into you. I think you're amazing. You're smart, beautiful, and you basically have everything. And I want everything. I want you. When I realized how much I loved you, I was confused and at the moment I was planning to leave the group and nothing was going to change my mind. Eventually, I wanted to leave the country so badly. But all I could think about was you. You were the reason why I was delayed to leave for that long. My heart was adament on leaving but I have to admit I also questioned if my heart was adament about you. So, it was a trial and error kind of thing. I am always around you and yes I was happy but you were in the way of getting out of the country and I needed to leave. I was under so much stress and pressure in Namyu. I needed to get away. When we met up again at the noraebang one night, I was reminded why I went through those aches and pains. You were always there for me and I have given a great share of my aches and pains to you. But then again, I thought that I could find someone else and I can just forget about you. There are other people I haven't met. My goal was to get out of Korea because it had a lot of reminders of the crap I went through. You were my only reason to stay but I thought I can just get rid of you so I can just begin a new life someplace else. I basically threw you away and I'm so sorry. Since then, all I can think about is you. I... I love you."

Tears started to roll from Sera's eyes and Hyemi smiled and brush the tears off with her hands. With that gesture, Sera cried even more. "You're always taking care of me. And I'm supposed to be the unnie!" Sera then smiled at the thought of this little girl who was caring for her. "I don't even know if I can repay you. It's okay if you don't forgive me." 

Hyemi reached for her pocket and got out a handkerchief and placed it on Sera's nose. "Stop." Sera looked at the girl who was still on top of her and when she saw her face she continued to cry even harder. "Now blow". Sera blew her nose but her stream of tears would not end. Hyemi's heart wrenched. She knew how much she's been through and Sera was the member that carried the most burden in the group. 

"Stop it, goddammit. You know you look really ugly when you cry." Hyemi said. 

"I really do look stupid now huh," Sera sighed. Her tears stopped and both girls smiled at the familiarity of this scene to the scene at the noraebang, the last time they saw each other. 

Hyemi's lips whispered into Sera's ears, "Yup. You little ing dork."

Hyemi then grabbed Sera's neck and pulled Sera towards her for a kiss. They continued to kiss until Hyemi's stomach rumbled. Sera was the first to pull out from their kiss.

"Ooh. You need to eat after all those hours in that thing. I'll order some pizza. Okay, babe? 

Hyemi smiled and nodded. "Hurry up. So we can make out some more."

Sera smirked and raised her eyebrows. She reached for her cell phone and  walked over to the suitcase only to see that there was nothing there. 

"Um. Hyemi baby. Where are my clothes?" Sera asked. 

A mischievious smile appeared on Hyemi's face. "Who says you need clothes?"