chapter 8

Crushing on my spouse

A/N: Ayoo, whassup? Ahh, I have been brainstorming for a while. Haha. Well, this is inspired by Winner - Empty. No silent reader please ^^


 

Hyukjae – being a heartless human he is – stays with his decision to take that road. Donghae’s breath is unsteady as a lot of negative thoughts linger in his head. What should I do? What should I do? A lightbulb suddenly appears and Donghae smiles towards himself. He suddenly moves to the left side of Hyukjae, hugging him like a little kid with the giant plushie hiding his face.

Hyukjae stares at Donghae weirdly. Why is Donghae being so clingy all of the sudden? Hyukjae shrugs his negative thoughts off. Maybe Donghae just want to be closer to him but there’s something fishy that he can’t get rid from his mind. He even feels some weird aura surrounding them. Is something bad going to happen? He doesn’t know. Well, let’s get to the car!

The ride to their home is way too silent. None of them talk. Donghae feels guilty somehow. Ahh, he should tell Hyukjae about it because he’s sure that Hyukjae doesn’t know about it. Well, he will when the time comes. Yeah, he will because Hyukjae will know somehow.

“Hyukkie, it’s very fun today. Thank you~” Donghae says, trying to be really cheerful.

 

“Yeah, I had fun too.” Hyukjae answers, sensing the tense but decides to brush it off again.

 

Madam Lee greets them as they got home. She smiles towards the newlyweds, asking them about their date. Both of the boys blush and Madam Lee can’t help but to laugh at their shyness. At least, they are going well together. They go to their room after they have their dinner with Sungmin and Madam Lee. The dinner goes well except for the teasing from Sungmin. Hyukjae feels like punching that Lee Sungmin but the latter is too cute to be a punching bag.

Hyukjae tells Donghae to go shower first and he will go later. Donghae just nods and go into the bathroom. After some minutes, Donghae gets out from the bathroom, already wearing his blue pyjama. Hyukjae excuses himself to take a shower and Donghae finds it amusing how formal he is with his husband.

Hyukjae gets out from the bathroom, half- – with only the towel that covers his lower part. Donghae takes a peek at Hyukjae’s upper body, feeling that he’s such a ert. Hyukjae’s body is really great, with that y abs. Donghae is blushing at his own thought. Ahh, what’s with him?! His eyes widen when he realizes that Hyukjae is staring at him.

“Are you just checking me out?” Hyukjae says, he doesn’t know where does he find the courage to say that.

 

“What?! No~~ I’m not.” Donghae denies, his face is so red.

 

Cute. Hyukjae thinks so. Well, he knows that he has a great body so it isn’t a surprise if Donghae is eyeing his body. He already decided to open up with Donghae. Should he throw away his timid image? He smirks. After all, Donghae likes cool guy, right? He already watched at a lot of movies with Sungmin so he surely knows what should he do.

Hyukjae goes to his closet, taking out his pyjama. He starts to wear his clothes when Donghae suddenly shouts, “what are you doing, Hyukkie?!” Shutting his eyes.

“What? I’m wearing my pyjama. Why? You don’t want me to wear my clothes? I know that y but…”

 

Donghae’s face is becoming redder than before. “W-what? No~~ I-I mean…ouh, never mind.”

 

Hyukjae almost laughs, “So, I’m y…am I?”

 

“Hyukkie is meanie.” Donghae pouts, as he’s speechless. Who knows that Hyukjae can be like this?

 

“Yeah, but I am your husband after all.” Hyukjae laughs, finally he laughs. Donghae looks at him straightly after he laughs. It’s the first time that Donghae sees him laughing and smiling. He swears that smiling and laughing Hyukjae is the best.

 

“Did you just laugh?” Donghae asks.

 

“Yeah, why?” Hyukjae asks back, knowing that it must be weird for Donghae.

 

“No… It just that you never laugh or smile before. It’s good to know that you’re human.” Donghae says nonchalantly.

 

And Hyukjae can’t help but to laugh again after hearing the word ‘human.’ “What do you think I am? An alien? I know that I’m too good-looking to be a human but… you know, I’m special.”

 

And both of them laugh at Hyukjae’s bluff. Hyukjae has finally finds his sunshine again. He finds the courage to talk freely again. Gah, this Lee Donghae is surely a something. And Hyukjae fonds for his crush begins to grow.

Sungmin and Madam Lee is having their time together, looking at the online shopping catalogue. They suddenly hear laughing echoes in their mansion. Wait, isn’t that Hyukjae?

“Mom, do you hear that?” Sungmin asks, his eyes widen.

 

“Hyukjae just… laughed?” Madam Lee asks back.

 

“Oh my god!!” Both of son and mother shout in unison. God, this is so shocking. Hyukjae barely laughs a loud. No, he never laughs that loud. Both of them smirk, so this is Donghae’s power.

 

 

Back in HyukHae’s room, Donghae is so shocked to see this side of Hyukjae. “So, this is your hidden side, huh?” Donghae says, smiling.

 

“Why? You don’t like it?” Hyukjae asks.

 

“Nah, it’s good to know that you’re human.” Donghae laughs.

 

Hyukjae groans. “Ahh, you and your human things.”

 

It is already late but both of them aren’t sleeping yet. Hyukjae turns to Donghae who seems to be spaced out. He pokes Donghae’s shoulder and the latter is so shocked by the action.

“You not sleeping yet?” Donghae asks.

 

“No, what are you thinking about?” Hyukjae asks back.

 

“Just... Hyukkie, have you wonder about us?”

 

“What’s with us?”

“I mean, we don’t even know each other and just get married. It’s just unbelievable.”

 

“Yeah, I know… So, how’s your life before.. .ermm… marrying me?”

 

“Ermm, I had my first love before but I never been into any relationship. I know my friends since elementary school and I moved to London with Siwon in my high school year then came back here to Korea. Then, I married you. My life has been hectic. What about you?”

 

Hyukjae can’t help but to feel a little bit of jealous of Donghae’s first love.

 

“Me? I came from the orphanage as my birth parents didn’t want me anymore. Then my parents adopted me because Sungmin-hyung was lonely. I stick with him somehow. I never have any kind of first love or anything. Well, my life has been a roller coaster till I married you. You’re my first kiss somehow.” Hyukjae feels a bit stupid for revealing that first kiss part.

 

“Ouh, I’m sorry about your past. Haha, I’m your first kiss? Well, that’s such an honour.”

 

And both of them fall asleep after a moment.

 

 

Days passed, Hyukjae and Donghae don’t spend much of their time together. They are both busy with their own assignment. Donghae usually spends his time with Changmin as both of them are taking the same major. Music, Arts and design. Siwon with his Business and Management major while Kyuhyun is studying law. Siwon and Sungmin become friends as they are taking the same course. Life has become normal again.

Hyukjae doesn’t change, always cold with people – exception for Donghae, of course. From their Monday date, it’s finally weekend and Vice President Lee had gave them a surprising gift.

 

“Our own house?!” Donghae gasps, hearing the news.

 

“Yeah, Dad has bought a house for us. So, we should get moving soon.”

 

“Okay~~” Donghae smiles, feeling excited to move out into their own house with Hyukjae.

 

The house is adequate for them. It is warm and lovely. Both of them move their things yesterday and they are moving in today. Hyukjae and Donghae smile as they step in their new house. Donghae explores the house like a little kid and Hyukjae just follow him everywhere he goes.

“It’s really beautiful, Hyukkie~~” Donghae says in awe.

 

“Yeah.” Hyukjae answers shortly. “Let’s be a happy family.”

 

“A happy family.” Donghae smiles at Hyukjae’s words.

 

Hyukjae puts his hands around Donghae’s waist and starts to kiss him passionately.