final.

Sparks Fly

Wendy wasn’t the one to think with her head. All of the time, the decisions that she made was according to what her heart says. So when her heart beats upon seeing this pretty blonde, sitting on her own at the basketball court of course Wendy wanted to get her attention.

 

And she figured to do something that would leave a long lasting impression on the girl.

 

Wendy purposely threw the basketball in her hands towards the direction of the girl, and being a good player she is, of course it hit the mark. The stranger could only hissed in pain upon being hit and she didn’t waste any time to search for where it came from.

 

The first thing that landed in her eyes was Wendy, standing not so far away from she is with a silly smile plastered on her face.

 

No one else was around the place at that hour, so it had to be Wendy.

 

“Hey, what was that for?”

 

Despite the fact that she had just been hit, the girl didn’t even raise her voice to speak to Wendy. And that itself, was more than enough to make Wendy intrigued with this beautiful creature. Who apparently has more tolerance to her behavior compared to this other girl the other day that Wendy tried to hit on, literally.

 

“I did it so that I can help you,” Wendy replied in honesty. The stranger blinked for a few times upon hearing her reply, watching Wendy approaching her.

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“I said I did I so that I can help you- Oh never mind,” Wendy chuckled and took a seat next to the girl, taking a closer look at where she had just hit her. “What’s your name?”

 

“…Irene. And may I ask what are you doing here at this hour-“ she was silenced the moment Wendy placed a finger over her lips, leaning in a bit closer to inspect her wound and to Wendy’s relief, the ball only caused a bit of a small bump on her head.

 

“That’s a relief, I could get you a pack of ice from the pharmacy nearby here,” Wendy nodded with a smile. “Come with me.”

 

The shorter out of the two naturally slipped her hand to hold Irene’s, before leading the way to pharmacy nearby. As much as Irene wanted to protest and break away from the strange girl, she couldn’t bring herself to say anything.

 

It didn’t took them long for them to reach the pharmacy and Irene only nodded like a little child when Wendy told her to wait outside for her. Irene had the chance of running away of course, but she didn’t.

 

And again, she didn’t know why.

 

“I’m back.”

 

The smile on Wendy’s face returned and Wendy once again guided the girl, only that this time back to the place they were at before. The basketball court.

 

“I’m sorry, but what is this all about?” Irene timidly looked over to Wendy as soon as they took a seat at the bench that she sat at previously. Wendy only hummed in response, taking out the pack of ice she had bought and gently pressing it against the little bump on Irene’s head, to which the girl shivered lightly. “It’s cold.”

 

“Don’t worry, this will help with the swelling of the bump.”

 

“You still haven’t answered my question before…” Irene muttered under her breath, loud enough for Wendy to hear.

 

“Well, if you must know…”

 

Wendy ran her free hand through her hair charmingly, still pressing the pack of Ice on Irene. “I’m a bit of an idiot actually. I did all these just to leave an impression on you.”

 

Irene stared long at Wendy’s face, wondering whether the girl is high or not but there weren’t any signs of Wendy being on drugs or anything like that. So she came up with the conclusion that Wendy is just plain weird.

 

“Why did you have to do that? You can just greet me instead of throwing the ball…”

 

“Well, girls seems to love it when one of those cheesy situations in the drama happens to them. I’m just making your dream come true,” Wendy grinned cheekily. “Although, my way is not that subtle I must say. But hey, what are the chances of one saving a beautiful damsel in distress? I’m pretty sure some of those so-called heroes hired some goons to do the dirty work.”

 

Irene couldn’t help but to break into a smile, finding Wendy’s words to be amusing. “You. You’re weird.”

 

“I get that a lot. I’m pretty good-looking for a weirdo no?” Wendy struck a pose, earning a giggle from Irene.

 

“Yeah. You’re cute.”

 

“And you’re beyond cute,” Wendy playfully winked to the girl sitting right next to her. “That aside, I’ve never seen you around here before. What brings you here?”

 

“That, I just moved here recently actually. I wanted some fresh air so I decided to drop by the park,” Irene nodded slowly. “What…about you? Do you usually go around at night and hit people?” Irene smiled wryly.

 

“No, I only hit beautiful girls,” Wendy laughed. “Although most of them don't really appreciate my effort on trying to woo them. You’re the first one to not call a restraining order on me.”

 

“Should I?”

 

“Hey hey, I thought that we’re all good,” Wendy widened her eyes as she held her hands up, trying to defend herself and Irene once again giggled.

 

“I’m kidding. You’re pretty amusing, I could use some entertainment to get away from stuff.”

 

“Well, in that case you might want my number then?” Wendy playfully wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“I’m sorry, I don’t give my numbers out to strangers,” Irene grinned.

 

“I’m not just a stranger. I’m the person that will rock your world baby,” Wendy cooed the last part of her sentence. Irene shook her head in response with a smile, grabbing the pack of ice from Wendy.

 

“Such a flirt.”

 

“Only for you though. Heh, I should stop now,” Wendy smiled sheepishly in response, getting up from her seat to stretch her body a little. Besides, her original intention of going to the park was to play a bit of basketball on her own. “Would you like to join me for a game?”

 

“And are you going to hit me again with the ball like earlier?” Irene quirked a brow.

 

“Rest assured miss, there will be no hitting involved this time.”

 

“Alright then. Why not?”

 

 

Author’s Note – The ending is rushed since I need to be going to sleep quq; We’ll see if there will be a sequel to this, I kept wanting to do a sequel to some of my other oneshots but never got to it. Sobs. And yes, another short oneshot from me. When did I posted a long oneshot anyways. ; w ;