1/1

Of skateboards and love affairs

She loved the feeling of the summer breeze as it moved her long blond hair around. She was looking around the park, there were many people around most of them had small children with them, she thought that she was probably the only teenager there.

She looked at her younger brother who was playing on the jungle gym; it looked like he already had make friends with the other kids there. They were spending their summer holidays with family in Seoul since their parents had to work, of cause she complained, she was 17 most definitely old enough to stay home alone for a couple of weeks. But her brother had cried, he didn’t want to be all alone in Seoul, he was 10, he had to get over it.

Looking at him now she felt jealous, they had been in the city for 3 days and he had friend and she had to babysit. Good her family needed to know that she was old enough to take care of herself. Because of her brother she had to be in this park and not out shopping and meeting teens her own age. At least the weather was great and she could get some rays.

She felt her brother tuck her arm, she must have fallen asleep on the bench, so embarrassing, she hoped that no cute boys had seen her, she would just die. Her brother looked at her with poppy dogs eyes, he so wanted something because that were the only times he would look at her like that.

She had of cause given in and was now walking to the skater park; had brother and his friend had run ahead but she was in no hurry, it would just be more kids and some weird skaters that she didn’t know how to talk to.

She looked around the skater park, wondering where she could sit so her brother could see her, but at the same time she didn’t have to look at him. She found the perfect bench, it was placed away from all the other benches where the skaters where sitting, it was near a tree and a big dip in the ground and there were no people in sight.

She thought that this would be the perfect place to continue her nap, she didn’t see anyone she wanted to talk to so what was the point of being awake. While sleeping she could get some more rays. She lay with her back on to the bench and fell asleep straight away.

She felt something land on the, it was heavy and she had a problem breathing, she slowly opened her eyes and was meet by blond ramen looking hair. Someone was lying on top of her; she started to push the person of her. “Yah, stop hitting me!” an angry boy said to her and she was just about to answer him when he looked her dead in the eye. “What the hell were you doing on the bench, I could have gotten hurt if hadn’t seen you in time to change my jump”

She was getting mad at him now, who was he to say where she could and couldn’t be “I can be where the hell I want to be!” she yelled back at him, which made him smirk at her “balls, I like that. I’m Zelo”

She was confused by what had just happened, now that she was looking at him, she saw that he was a handsome guy about the same age as her, maybe there was something to do in the skater park after all. “If you don’t want the others to land on you as well, you should find another place to rest” Zelo smiled at her before he went to join his friends. To her surprise there were 5 other guys just as pretty as Zelo, wow she must have slept for a long time. 

Zelo went over to one of the guys, just as tall as himself, he smiled at Zelo; she had to hold a laugh in when she saw the guys smile, it was all teeth, how did his mouth open up so much. She had to look away from the boys, and doing so she saw her younger brother, he called her over with his hand.

“That’s Bang Yongguk  and Zelo with their friends, they run the skater park, you don’t want to upset them” it was one of her brothers new friends who saw talking, but she wasn’t really listening she was busy looking at Zelo skate, wow he was good.

“Do you want to try?” Zelo was asking her, yes yes yes, she wanted to, but she couldn’t let him have her that easy. “I don’t know how to do it” she was speaking with her small girly voice, Zelo smiled at her “it’s easy enough, here take my hand”.

She was standing on the skateboard, while Zelo was holding her hand running alongside her, “I think you can do it yourself now” Zelo said as he let her hand go. She stood on the skateboard for a mere couple of seconds before she fell to the ground, she heard laugher all around her.

She could feel tears starting to form in the corners of her eyes, but before they fell down her checks she felt Zelo’s hand and her back “Are you okay? Oh, please don’t cry” Zelo moved his hand to her face and using his thump he made the tears go away.

She smiled at him, telling him thank you “You just have to try again, you can do it. I know you can” she started to get up “av” she said out loud, Zelo looked at her seeing what was wrong. “You’re bleeding on your knee, I’ll make it better”.

After saying that Zelo sat down, moving his face close to her knee and kissed the wound. She blushed like there was no tomorrow.  Zelo looked up at her “all better”, but before she could answer him she felt a sharp pain across her face.

She turned her head and saw Bang Yongguk looking mad at her. “Zelo’s mine, go sniff up someone else guy somewhere else” and with that he pulled Zelo up from the ground and they left her standing alone with everyone laughing at her again.