How to Pass Time

Closet Shenanigans

GD leaned against a wall in CL’s room. He was waiting for her to show him her next outfit. They were going to an event, and the two of them were getting ready together. Because she was his bro… If she were a guy she would be his bro.

“What do you think about this one?” CL stepped out of her walk-in closet and twirled around. GD scrunched his face up looking at it.

“Do you really think that fits the occasion?” GD asked. She wore a leather mini-skirt, a jacket with copious amounts of fringe and the top underneath that was neon pink. GD looked down at his own tux pointedly. “This is supposed to be a black-collar event.”

“So something else?” CL asked, holding her long, claw-like fingers to her lips.

“Yeah, I think so,” GD said with a laugh. CL went back into the closet to get something else. A few outfits later GD rolled his eyes and walked past CL to look for himself. “Look at this stuff here.” GD held out perfectly appropriate clothes. “Why didn’t you try these on before?”

“They’re boring,” CL said as she walked over, her arms crossed. GD sighed.

“Well, it’s black collar. You’re supposed to be elegant. If you happen to be exciting too, that’s just icing on the cake.” GD pulled out a pink strapless gown. Its skirt was above her knees in the front but curved into a trail behind her in the back. “Try this one.” GD handed the dress to CL and walked out the door.

Or he would have if he hadn’t tripped straight into it.

“What are you doing?” CL laughed, helping the also laughing GD up.

“Oh, just thought I would say hello to the door.” GD reached for the handle to the closet, but it didn’t move. GD frowned. “It’s not opening.”

“Here let me try.” CL reached past GD and shook the handle. “Why did it do that?” She frowned. “Do you have your phone?”

“Yeah.” GD reached in his pocket. “What?” GD asked, he frantically checked all his other pockets. “What the hell?”

“You don’t have your phone on you?” CL asked surprised. This was South Korea for crying out loud. Everyone has a phone on them.

“Of course I don’t.” GD sighed. “Guess we’ll just have to wait.” He carefully sat down on the floor. He looked up at CL who was appraising him silently. “What?”

“I think I have something here that would look good on you,” CL said musingly.

“I would rather not get undressed,” GD said, nudging her ankle with his dapperly shod foot.

“Fine, then we’ll just sit here bored for who knows how long.” CL knelt, holding her chin in both hands. She pouted at GD. “Please?” GD sighed.

“Why not? Fine,” GD acquiesced. “What do you have in mind?” CL stood up happily.

“I have something over here!” She searched through the clothes and brought forth a form-fitting black dress. “Here, put this on!”

“Turn around,” GD said as he took off his jacket. He made sure CL was definitely turned around once he had his shirt off. He slipped the silky dress over his head and zipped it up in the back.

“Can you zip it up yourself?” CL asked sneaking a peak.

“I got it.”

“I thought you would look good.” CL smiled proudly. “If only I had a camera,” CL murmured.

“Too bad,” GD laughed.

“Ok, what’s next?”

“Next?” GD asked in surprise.

“Yeah, let me see… Ah! Here we are!” Now CL pulled out a cotton candy pink dress, complete with a cotton candy like skirt.

“This does not seem my style,” GD said, backing away.

“Oh come on!” CL pushed the dress at GD. “It will look great!” GD pushed the dress back. “Fine, do you want me to put it one for you?” CL stepped closer to GD, a mischievous glint in her eye.

“Now, hold up!” GD fended her off to no avail. CL wrapped her arms around her friend to the black dress. “Hey! Hey!”

“I don’t think so!”

After a brief scuffle, GD found himself most of the way into the pink dress. CL leaned back, very pleased with herself. She sat looking down at him in triumph. She straddled his middle and her arms were crossed.

“I guess you’re pleased with yourself, aren’t you?”

“Very.”

The two looked at each other. The smile on CL’s face turned into something else, and GD propped himself onto his elbows, bringing his face closer to CL’s. They sat like that for a few minutes. CL was feeling warm. GD was her best friend, and she felt so comfortable and safe with him. Maybe…?

“CL? GD?” The two on the ground snapped their heads to the now open closet door. “What are you doing?” Dara whispered. GD and CL looked back at each other and started laughing. “What!?”