Secret

More Than Admiration

As all knows that Gayoon is not a gadget person, she does not know much about computer, phones and apps. Anything related to gadgets are something like Maths to her, complicated plus hard to handle. When she is informed that she is going to join a TV programme about fashion, she cannot help but keep her grins while the meeting with staffs. However, a challenge also comes to her when she is told to open an Instagram account for the show. Since Instagram would be the best platform for the promotion, she has no choice but to agree with it. Back at the dorm, the puzzled lady stares at her iPhone, thinking what she should do for this. A long sigh from her, she lays down on the couch, spotting the leader cooking for their dinner.

“Not Jihyun unnie I guess…” Immediately she gives up her thought of asking the leader.

“Jiyoonit does not like using Instagram, not her as well.” She frowns. Sounds of unlocking from the front door, Hyuna comes back. The girl on couch almost cries for joy.

“My salvation! Hyuna ah…” She gets up from the couch, rushing to the girl.

“Hyuna!” She grabs Hyuna’s arm, clinging to her. But the younger girl does not seem in her good condition.

“Unnie, I’m exhausted, still have schedules to run. I need a quick shower now.” The young girl drags her tiring body into the bathroom, leaving the puzzled lady in the living room.

“You’re so demanding tonight, Gayoon ah.” Jihyun teases at the frowning member.

“I just want someone who is available to teach me how to use IG!” Once again, she throws herself on the couch.

“Go find Sohyun. You know our maknae is good at every gadgets, nothing is a problem to her.” The leader is placing the dishes on the table, ready for dinner.

“But before that, ask her to come out for dinner first.” Jihyun adds.

 

After dinner, Gayoon still stares at her iPhone at the couch. Hyuna walks pass by her, about to leave the dorm for another schedule again. Gayoon wishes that Hyuna could have stay at the dorm, teaching her more about Instagram. She is cool, she is chic, but it does not mean that she never feels sad or lonely. Another long sigh from her, she puts down her phone, starts flipping the fashion magazine. Sohyun has everything taken in her sight. The maknae knows that Gayoon struggles with the SNS concept for the show but she is not that kind of person who would approach people easily even those are her sisters. Not even mention that she has a crush on Gayoon, it makes everything harder for her to approach the chic lady. For now, not only Gayoon is the only one struggling, but also Sohyun struggling her feelings towards Gayoon.

 

Days passed, the first episode of Gayoon’s fashion show has been out. The producers and staffs informed Gayoon to public her Instagram account this week. The real struggle finally comes. Besides filming for the show, the rest of the time is moments that she holds her phone, staring at the phone. At the outside, she can nudge the stylist unnie to download the app for her but then she still has no idea how to use it. Dragging her tiring body to their dorm, she once again immerses into her struggling world, sitting on the couch. Not noticing that Sohyun is sitting on another side of the couch, Gayoon throws her phone away. It catches Sohyun’s attention.

“You look…annoyed, something’s bothering you?” The younger girl asks carefully. Suddenly, the older lady crawls to her, shocking the maknae.

“Wait, wait…what are you doing?” Talking to her crush fastens her heartbeat but having her close to her face simply takes her heart away.

“Right! How come I forgot about it! Jihyun unnie told me that you’re good at Instagram! Teach me, Sohyun!” Gayoon acts way too desperate for an Instagram teacher, without knowing her impact to the young girl. It takes a while for the maknae to react.

“Phew, you want me to teach you Instagram only? You scared me, unnie.” She rolls her eyes, cursing inside for thinking Gayoon figured out her feelings towards her.

“What! It’s a big deal to me! I need this for work and you know I don’t do SNS.” The chic lady pouts at the young girl, melting her heart.

“Yah! Don’t do aegyo on me. It’s gross… Do it for your Hyuna or Jiyoonit.” Sohyun pushes her away on purpose. Either she pushes her away, or she might fall deeper for her.

“How dare you say yah to me!” Gayoon chokes her neck playfully. A choke, the touch, her tiny hands and her neck, kills Sohyun inside out for millions of times even though she looks calm and a bit awkward. The younger girl fakes laughs, giggling.

“Okay, okay! It’s my fault…I’m sorry.” She apologizes, hoping that Gayoon would retract her hands immediately. At some point, she wants this moment to stop forever as well but she knows it is all her illusion, false hope. Gayoon sits back, holding her phone.

“Okay now what?” Gayoon stares at her phone as if she would miss any second. It cracks Sohyun up.

“What are you laughing at?! I asked now what?!” Gayoon shoots her a dead glare but the latter one still chuckles.

“Well…now…is dinner time!” Sohyun runs away to the dining table, waiting for their leader to finish the last dish. Gayoon supposed to hit the maknae but realizes that she totally forgets about dinner, and Jihyun unnie existence in the house. It was their own world, just two of them.

 

“Now what? Now what?” Gayoon sticks with Sohyun right after finishing dinner and shower.

“You’re such a demander…” Sohyun teases at her, walking towards to her room, followed by Gayoon.

“You must teach me tonight!” The older lady warns her sister.

“Fine! You better be a fast learner.” Sohyun talks back, chuckling at herself.

She enjoys it, talking back at Gayoon. This is the moment she feels most comfortable around her crush --- talking back. That moment is that she would not be afraid to approach her, get close to her or even touch her. Spending an hour on briefing the queen the basic concepts of Instagram and setting up the account, Sohyun feels like she has been attending schedules for a whole day as the older lady has zero concept of the app. The younger girl seems falling asleep any seconds.

“Unnie can I sleep? I give up…you aren’t even a fast learner. I’m done with this. I’m sleepy.” Sohyun’s eyes are almost closed.

“No! I’m a fast learner…well…maybe not in IT field. And hey! You haven’t taught me how to post a photo. Just one more hour. Come on, I’ll treat you to food, expensive food!” Gayoon has nothing but money to spend for her teacher.

“Call me Teacher Kwon.” The maknae said quickly.

“What? Excuse me?!” Gayoon cannot believe what she said.

“You heard me, call me Teacher~ Kwon~!” She repeats once again. Gayoon wants to punch her but then thinking of tomorrow is another day of filming. She it up, holding it back. Before saying that, she takes a deep breath.

“Teacher~…K” Gayoon whispers the word Kwon.

“What? I can’t hear you, Gayoon.” Sohyun teases her more, grinning.

“Teacher Kwon.” The older member said as fast as lightening.

“Good, good girl, my student. Aigoo, you’re such a good girl!” Sohyun pats her head, tickling her neck, teasing her while Gayoon shoots her dead glares again.

“Let’s continue!” Another hour passed, both of them are exhausted. Luckily, Gayoon makes her first post on Instagram after two hours of torture. Grins form quick when she sees the follower number rising up and the likes of her photo.

“Thank you, Sohyunie.” Gayoon shows her satisfied smiles to the maknae.

“Goodnight!” She gives her a hug before leaving her room leaving the stunned kid in the room.

Heartbeat races, face reddens, eyes focus loses. It is tiring to teach her crush but it is worthy at the end. Slowly, the stunned statue girl starts to smile and smiles become wider. To the stage that she cannot hold her smiles, she rolls on the bed, tightening her grips on the blanket, covering her laughs with the blanket. After a few minutes of acting mad, she walks out to the bathroom, ready to brush her teeth before bed.

“Look! Hyuna, I posted a photo on Instagram!” Gayoon intertwines her arm with Hyuna’s, showing her the screen. Hyuna laughs at the unnie’s reaction.

“Why are you acting like a kid, Gayoonie?” She teases her.

“What? I made a post on a SNS, shouldn’t you feel happy for me? No…you should celebrate with me.” Gayoon complains, but still talking sweet to her member. The scene in front of Sohyun equals to pouring cold water on her head, reminding her that she and Gayoon have no chance. She thought it could be a good start of two of them.

 

 

A week of posting three photos seems pretty well to Gayoon but then when she tries to post with caption on it, it comes to another problem. Sohyun did teach her but obviously she forgot. Therefore, she knocks on Sohyun’s room, seeking for help.

“Sohyun…” Gayoon shows her warm smiles but only look evil to the latter one.

“No.” She replies within a second.

“I haven’t even asked.” Gayoon complains. But soon, the latter girl cannot resist her crush, giving in to her.

“Okay…what’s it about this time?” Another hour for the lesson.

"Unnie you finally get this!" She rolls her eyes, pretending that she is annoyed.

"Thank you, Sohyunie! Thank you so much, my Instagrame teacher!" The older girl hugs her member, her sister tight. Soon she lets go of her, going after another member, her favourite member, or her love.

"Hyuna, look! Sohyun taught me how to use the DM function on IG!" She never notices how the girl she left behind would feel about her. Yet, Sohyun knows how much she finally gets close to her. This is her moment to come, the confession moment. She is going to confess to her, to dig out all her feelings for her. She cannot wait anymore. Even she knows it would be another night that Gayoon shows off her Instagram skills to Hyuna again.

 

 

Taking a deep breath, knocking Gayoon’s room, Sohyun is ready to confess to her before bed. No response from the room, she opens the door. Their eyes meet, but not Gayoon’s with Sohyun’s. Instead, Hyuna looks shocked at Sohyun who leaves open as she sees Hyuna hugging Gayoon from the back on bed. It stops for a five seconds.

“Uh…I’m sorry…I just wanted to say thank you to Gayoon unnie that she posted two photos of me.” She knows it makes no sense but still she needs this as an excuse.

“Goodnight.” Sohyun turns around and stops as Gayoon calls her name.

“Sohyun…” Gayoon starts carefully.

“Yes?” The maknae does not want to make an eye contact but she has to.

“Please…keep this secret for us. Other members don’t know about me and Hyuna’s relationship.” Guilty can be read on Gayoon’s face. Secret, it is a secret of Gayoon and Hyuna only. Sohyun knows that she is always the third wheel, just that she never knows that the truth would be cruel as hell.

“Sure”

She fakes a smile, turning around, leaving the room. Heading back to her bed, she drags her body on bed, staring at the ceiling. She lets her tears flow out.

“She asks me to keep her secret. Then what about me? What about my secret?” She thought, sobbing silently.