And the confession goes like this...

That Bitter Confession

“I know that when a girl say something like this to a guy...people will judge her and say that she has no dignity and shame at all. But screw what people say! They did not know all the pain and tears I’ve been through. So right here...right now...I will spit it all! You better listen carefully seung-hoon!”

And he nodded, unsurely.

     “I....these past few years...I’ve been...you have been...we’ve been friends for 3 years and...Actually...I...”

     “You’re not spitting anything you know, Chan-i “he interrupt sarcastically.

     “OKAY FINE! FINE! LEE SEUNG-HOON! I LIKE YOU OKAY! NOT LIKE AS A FRIEND...BUT LIKE...LIKE YOU...LIKE AS A GUY, OKAY! “I shouted

But he doesn’t make a sound

     “I like you, seung-hoon...for these past 2 years, don’t even know why. I’m afraid that it will affect our friendship if I confess to you, but I can’t contain it anymore...the more I hide it, the more it hurts me. So I decided to say it to you anyway...I like you, seung-hoon...I really do.”

     But he’s still not answering. He’s just standing there with a blank stare right towards me.

     And I give up

     “You know what? You don’t have to answer it actually. I’m not asking you to be my boyfriend or anything, right? So...just forget about today, don’t think about it too much...I’m sorry...to bother you...I’m sorry, seung-hoon...man! What was I thinking? Haha...I must be drunk or something. Just...just forget what I said seung-hoon...okay? So yeah...gotta go, bye!” and i walk away from him.

     At first I walk through the school halls, and then my pace turn faster and faster and faster as my tears stream down my cheeks like Niagara Falls. And I end up at sitting at the school rooftop, ditching Korean literary class, with burnt eyes.

     And when I was sobbing like a baby while cursing at myself with the variant of words to describe how stupid i am, I heard someone opened the entrance door.

     “Chan-i?” you guessed it...it’s him.

     “What?” I said looking away, try to hide my face from him

     “Can I say something to you?”

     “What?”

     “To be honest...I was kinda shocked by your confession. Never thought you would say something like that. I thought you were joking, but your face was so red. So I think you really mean it...don’t you?”

     “Ya think?” i mumbled

     “Can you look at me for a second?”

     I turn my face reaaaal slowly. Until I meet his eyes.

Our faces are only inches away from each other.

     He cupped my face in his hands. And he wipes my tears with his thumbs.

     “Listen... Song Chan-i. To be honest...I do love you too. You are my greatest friend in the world. You’re always there when i need you,and i notice the care that you gave me.” He said while smiling

 

     And ten thousand butterflies are flying around inside my body right now.

    

     “You...really do,seung-hoon?”

     “Well...yeah”

    

Multiply the number of butterflies inside me before with another thousand. Note that i’m THAT happy! I feel like my cheeks are blushing so hard it feels like it’s on fire. I just can’t contain my happiness! All these 2 years of sobbing alone in the corner while watching sad dramas and movies and listening to The Script all the time. Has been paid off!

 

 

 

“But you know...more like as a friend. If i don’t love you we would never be friends right?” he suddenly said.

 

 

 

 

Excuse me,but...

 

THE THAT YOU JUST SAID LEE SEUNG-HOON?!!

 

“Huh...what?what do you mean?”

“Well...i do love you,Chan-i. But not like a love “love”. More like a brotherly one,i always thought of you as a sibling of mine. And i think it would be much more comfortable for us being best friends.”

“Oh...You think so?” i answered bitterly,forcing a smile

“Yeah...i mean we’re always together anyway right? So dating is not necessarily needed.” He said CASUALLY.

 

Casually as if it’s okay. Casually as if i’m okay.

 

“Haha...you’re right. We could still do that...haha” HA.HA.

“So don’t you cry no more my friend! I will always love you and i will always be here beside you.I promise! But not right now,because i’m late for an english test. So gotta go,see you at lunch!” He hugged me first,then he ran away.

Usually when he hug me like that, i would look cool on the outside,but went totally bananas inside. But not today.

I just stand there. I stand there alone. Dumbfounded and numb. I don’t even feel like crying at all. Because i’m just literally...Numb.

 

- fin -

 

Oh yeah..do you guys remember those thousands of butterflies that i multiplied with another thousand of butterflies inside my body?

It just turn into blood bats.