—-;

months
november. paint spirals across the canvas.
with a single hand, he lifts the brush and alters the landscape of color.
his feelings spill out onto the blankness.
red for anger.
pink for love.
black for sadness.
kyungsoo notices that there's a large amount of black paint.
cold nights are  the only thing that kyungsoo knows. he's used to it. some could say that he's become one with the cold, although there are times where he yearns for that warmth.
 
december. it should be cold but he feels heat.
a heat called junmyeon.
kyungsoo paints, with november brushes, december paint. the page is pink and yellow.
yellow for joy.
they blend together like watercolors, where kyungsoo pulls, junmyeon will push. they're balanced like the color wheel, kyungsoo thinks.
together, they have something akin to an abstract painting. so diverse, but in perfect harmony.
 
january. a new year, the only thing that is changing is the colors on the canvas, and kyungsoo is glad. canvases decorate the rooms of their apartment, canvases of green. green for calm.
 
february. kyungsoo learns that junmyeon is a singer.
lullabies sound best when junmyeon sings them, kyungsoo says, and junmyeon chuckles softly, meeting his lips with the other's.
purple is what kyungsoo paints that day. purple for lust.
 
august. time flies by, and during these warm days, kyungsoo feels that junmyeon's heat isn't needed.
bad thoughts fill the artist's mind, and he paints from the stagnant december palette.
junmyeon leaves.
kyungsoo paints.
paints about taking wrong turns.
paints about regret.
 
october. leaves are falling.
colors splash on the canvas but kyungsoo only sees black.
nights are cold again and kyungsoo regrets.
september was a blur and colors no longer have meaning. the feelings of love and lust he paints are artificial.
 
november. the heat returns in the form of a box.
junmyeon returns with it.
'i miss you'
'i'm sorry'
the sentiments are poured into notes inside the box.
 
but junmyeon shouldn't apologise. kyungsoo pushed him away. now he's pulling him back and he doesn't know why he wanted him gone a while ago.
soft touches have him falling once more, falling deeper because in reality, kyungsoo never got back up.
 
three words are mutually spoken and canvases become pink once more.