Chapter 1 Edited

Cinderella's Ice cream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe I'm doing this," I muttered

 

"I love you forever if you please,please,please do this!"

 

 

"You already do...now how the hell do I get this on?" I fumbled with the fabric in my hand.

 

Tiffany Hwang Miyoung sighed and hopped off her bed. She took the dress out of my hands, untwisted it, turned it right side out, and held it out to me. " First of all, you had it all tangled up."

 

"Oh, oops. So how do I get it on?" It had layers of soft silk and gossamer. I was scared I was going to break it complicated twisted straps the crisscrossed over the back.

 

She rolled her eyes and we managed to get the dress on without tearing or breaking a leg. Dresses were too focusing,too uncomfortable, not my forte. This was a dark crimson color with crinkly gold tulle on the skirt.

 

She zipped me up. I examined myself in the mirror.

"Huh. I kinda feel like a gorilla."

 

Tiff snorted and rolled her eyes. "You look hot. This is why guys and girls are all over you."

 

"Have you been inhaling intoxicating fumes lately?"

 

"You've date plenty of guys and girls. We're not getting into this argument."

 

"Hate you, Okay so how long do i have to wear this for?"

 

"Until we get home from the party from hell."

 

"I don't see why I needed to suffer this as well," I grumbled for the millionth time in the past week.

 

"Because you're my bestfriend and it's my job to share my misery with you."

 

"You're a ."

 

She grinned.

 

I made a gagging face in the mirror as she turned away to put her own dress on. Tiff's mom had a step-sister, who happened to marry some millionaire dude. And every winter they were invited to this massive,super formal holiday party that they hosted in their mansion. It was huge. The entire extended family was invited, mixed with rich socialities, friends and colleagues. The town they lived was an hour away, and it was one of the wealthiest places in the korea.

 

This year Tiff thought it was appropriate to guilt trip me into coming with her so she wouldn'y have to endure the pain alone. Not that she hated it, because trust me, Tiff loved to jump at any chance to dress up. It was the people-stuck-up,condescending,horribly fake people with huge egos that she couldn't bear. I sat back on her bed and pretended I wasn't nervous. 

 

"How does this look?" I looked over to where tiffany stood. Her dress was white and pink that complimented her milky white skin and it hung perfectly to the curves of her body.

 

"Hot damn,woman."

 

She laughed. "Thanks babe. Now I just have to get you to sit still long enough so I can do your make-up without you looking like a three year old who broke into her mom's make-up bag."

 

I grimaced at her, but I sat down in front of the vanity without putting too much of fight. I already had the dress on. Might as well just do whatever I had to.

 

"Don't make me look like a birthday cake," I said, with my eyes closed. I didn't want to look at my reflection, for fear of backing out at the last second.

 

"Do you not trust me?"

 

"No---wait, I mean yes...., I don't know. Just don't do too much," I pleaded. I never wore make-up on a regular basis. It took too much effort.

 

"You'll look fine. More tha fine. Just shut up for five minutes and it'll be over." Like she was talking about getting cavity drilled.

 

 

I shut up and let her mess my face up. I made myself think of happy thoughts, like coming back and talking off and watching chick flick eating brownies; a well needed girl's night in.

 

"Open your eyes," Tiff commanded. "Not bad,huh?"

 

It actually wasn't that bad. At least it didn't look like a birthday cake; there wasn't much foundation or anything, just eye make up, blush on, and lipstick. It looked good. "Is the lipstick to dark?" I wondered aloud. It was the same dark shade of my dress.

 

"Definitely not. You look gorgeous. All we have to do is hair and then we're done."

 

She did her hair first, pulling it up into a fancy twist leaving little ringlets to frame her face. Then she did mine, braiding it into loose crown around my head. It looked like something those stars on the red carpet.Tiff was a hair goddess. She should become a stylist. She did hair and make-up better than professionals.

 

After twenty minutes, we were both ready, and I was practicing walking in these high-heeled booties that tiffany forced me to borrow. aish this ! 

 

"Alright, let's hit it." Tiff grabbed her keys and we put on our coats. "Let's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter