FINAL

Nickname

hs!au, jealous!jinwoo 

A/N: this was supposed to be a het!minwoo but I didn't know what I ate I reverted it back to boyxboy. XD


 

                                 "Aargh!!" Jinwoo punched the door once he entered his room "Oh god. I shouldn't have." He grimaced as he stomp his way towards his bed and plops down face first. He grumbled, muffled by his bed sheets.

He heard the door clicked, and he knew it was Seunghoon,who has been entertained the whole day because of Jinwoo's mood, padding towards Jinwoo's desk to put his things down. 

"Calm down, Jinwoo hyung. It's not the end of the world." Jinwoo shot up in a sitting position and glared towards the other.

"Shut up, Seunghoon. It may not be the end of the world, but it is for me." He pointed to himself.

He sighed, before lying on his back. 

"What happened anyways?" Seunghoon asked, while putting all the necessities for their tutorial on Jinwoo's desk. 

"He called Taehyun, NamTaehyunnie." He pouted while gazing towards the ceiling.

The scene from earlier was short but vivid, and it keeps on rewinding in his head. 

"Wow." Seunghoon paused, trying to muffle his amusement towards Jinwoo's jealousy over a nickname.

It was childish, he thought but never voiced it out. Jinwoo can be scary when he's angry.

"That's creative." He stated sarcastically, grinning.  "I don't know why you're so upset about that."

He turned towards Jinwoo with a "what-the-hell" look. 

Jinwoo grabbed his pillow and hugged it before he sat up. "When somebody gives you a nickname, it means they're special to you." He whispered sadly.

Minutes later, instead of listening how chemicals bond, Jinwoo was replaying the scene all over again.

They were in the chem lab for an experiment of course. He hates and loves chemistry altogether. He hates it because he doesn't get it, but he loves it because Song Minho was there, the love of his life, the apple of his eye, his everything nice.

While waiting for their chem teacher, Jinwoo was fortunately seated beside the window and he gazed dreamingly at a random tree outside, dreaming on kissing Mino, hugging Mino, and dreaming of the time when Mino would proclaim his undying love for him as they cuddle under the moonlight, the stars witnesses the start of thier eternal love. He daydreams of every fun they both could share: christmas, new year's eve, their birthdays, most especially april fools. He laughed to himself, thinking about the best prank for Mino this April Fools. 

He was broken out on his reverie with a deep husky voice he has grown too familiar with. He immediately shot his head towards the source, and there he saw the man of his dreams waking towards their table. 

Too shy to function, Jinwoo cowered. 

"Hey, Mino." Taehyun greeted as Mino passed by their table. 

Mino gave a quick polite nod, raising his hand in the process.

"Oh, hey, taehyunnie. Sup?" Mino greeted back. 

And jinwoo felt a tug on his heart when he heard Mino say that.

He tried remembering those times Mino had conversed or greeted him, but there was no time at all that he called Jinwoo with a nickname. He frowned at the thought of that. 

Maybe Mino doesn't like guys older than him'

The next day, Jinwoo tired avoiding Mino at all circumstances. Everytime Mino would ask him to hangout, he always declines, saying 'I'm busy'.

He was busy alright. Busy thinking about Mino. Busy sulking about Mino. 

Whenever he caught sight of Mino, he always finds a detour. He was afraid his luck may run out and one day he'll get a huge bad luck. 

And bad luck it is.

One day during their English class, Jinwoo was asked to get some papers in the faculty. As he was heading towards the faculty room, someone pulled him to the corner, and he was trapped with strong arms on each of his sides. When he looked to see the culprit, his heart and brain went haywire causing his systems not too function properly. 

"W-what?" He breathed. Looking towards Mino with wide doe eyes.

"Why are you ignoring me, hyung?" Mino inquired. And Jinwoo could detect the sadness in his voice.

And was there longing? He mentally shook his head. That is absurd! 

Jinwoo could only manage a shake of his head,  too flabbergasted to speak anything. Words were dying on his throat. 

"Answer me, hyung. You're making me worry." Minos brows furrowed. And his face really showed concern. 

"I--I-" Jinwoo squirmed. "C-can you let me go p-please? I still have something to do." He held mino's arm, trying to pry it away but god Mino was so strong compared to him so he gave up and looked at him again.

"Fine. I was jealous, okay?! Happy now?" He pushed Mino away, but failed so without a choice he leaned back against the wall, looking at everything but Mino.

"Just let me go now, please. I've already told you and favor, please forget what I said." 

"Why?" Was the only thing he got from Mino.

"why what?" He said, still not paying a look on Mino.

"Why are you jealous?" Jinwoo tried to hide his disgruntled face. He finally looked at Mino with a glare. 

"Don't you get it?!?! I like you. I like you a lot!! And I was jealous you gave Taehyun a nickname and I don't!!" 

Mino chuckled and Jinwoo wanted to slap him, but he didn't. He was a good hyung. Instead...

"What are you laughing at?" He hissed. "I know. You don't like guys older than you. And I already have accepted that you will never like me back. So, off!" 

It seemed that Mino let his guard down because when Jinwoo pried his arm away, it didn't took much effort. When Jinwoo thought he had finally escaped mino's trap, he didn't. 

Arms were suddenly around his waist. He was being embraced by Mino from behind. And it was so breathtaking, his heart stopped at the moment. 

"You want a nickname?" Mino whispered to his ear. 

Jinwoo became beet red. He dreamt about this but he didn't expect it to happen in reality.

"Should I call you Woonie or Jinnie orrrrr..." He purposely prolonged the r to tease the older. He twirled Jinwoo halfway so they could face each other and when they did Mino had to fight the urge to pinch the older's cheek because he looked so cute with flushed cheeks. And kiss the older's pursed lips away. 

"I have a better idea." He chuckled before leaning closer to the older. Their lips were an inch apart. And Jinwoo couldn't believe he didn't faint yet. "Why don't I call you my boyfriend?" Mino smirked before distancing himself to the older. Kissing was too sudden. He has to date the older first, he thinks.

Jinwoo blushed even more, if that was possible because he thinks all of his blood is rushing up to his face. 

"But---" Jinwoo was cut off with a finger pressed against his lips. 

"Don't you have errands to do?" His eyes widened in realization. 

"Give me your number so we could talk tonight." Mino smiled at him

They exchanged numbers before Jinwoo ran towards the faculty room. His heart was beating so fast as if he ran a marathon.

Am I dreaming or this is really is it? 

"Oh god. Seunghoon!" He called as he caught sight of his friend coming inside. He hastily ran towards the younger. 

"W-why are you sweating, hyung? What's wrong?"

"Pinch me." 

Seunghoon didn't seem to have to think twice when he pinched the older a bit hardly. 

"Ouch!" And that was what he needed to know it was not definitely a dream. 

Later that night, Mino and Jinwoo stayed up too late talking about random stuffs and of course, their new blossomed love. 

 


A/N: BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MINO's BEAUTIFUL WIFEU AND WINNERS CUTE HYUNG KIM JINWOO. XDD oh god I was too late to greet and update. Exams had to come up. Mianhae. I hope you liked it. It's rushed tho' :<