1

Our Losses

Baekhyun opened his eyes and stared at the cieling. He sat up and felt pain on his arm. He turned his attention towards his counter, ignoring his aching arm. He smiled as he noticed the small globe. He moved over to his side and took a hold of the globe before turning it upside down and twisting the little key. He set the snowglobe back down and watched the snow slowly fall as the beautiful melody filled his room. Baekhyun closed his eyes and smiled, letting the sweet melody calm him down. When Baekhyun was calm enough, the melody stopped and the room was filled with silence. The male opened his eyes and looked back at the globe. All of a sudden his throat hurt; as if it had a knot. He tried to rub his neck but his hand started to shake. He looked down at his hands and watched how they shook in fear. Little droplets soon started to cover them. Baekhyun pulled his legs to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. He shook his head as more tears dared to escape his eyes. He shook even more as he opened his mouth; letting out choked sobs. 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes and stared at the cieling. The male sat up and rubbed the back of his head, not remembering the events of yesterday. He yawned before diverting his attention to the small snowglobe on his counter. The male smiled as he picked up the snowglobe and turned it upside down; twisting the small key. He set the globe down as the melody began. He closed his eyes and let the melody surround him. Just like that, the male had fallen asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun realized he was escaping reality when he woke up for ten minutes and then fell asleep right after the globe finished it's melody. He realized he was doing it repeatedly when he checked his phone what time it was. It showed that it was nine at night and that it was the 20th of whatever month he was on. He noticed how skinny he had gotten by not eating for as much time he was out. He sat up and pushed his hair back, making it messier. He had just finished taking a shower and had on a sweater with some shorts.

"Why am I doing this? I didn't do this after he left; I didn't shut myself out but why am I doing it now?"

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows before switching his gaze towards the snowglobe. He stared at it before a knot formed in his throat and it was starting to hurt. Baekhyun began to shake and his eyes were glistening. He pulled his knees to his chest and refused to go to sleep. He refused to reach for the snowglobe. Baekhyun let out a choked sob as he looked up. He shook his head and got out of bed, placing his hands around his chest; as if to protect him. He walked around his room, throat still hurting and still shaking. He froze when a saw one of his many frames. The shaking started to get worse and the knot started to get bigger and heavier. Baekhyun reached for the frame and looked at the picture. He traced his finger along the jaw of the person in it. He stared at the fingers that made a V sign on the person's face causing the small male to smile. He traced the smile before his lip started to tremble. His hand started to shake and there were little droplets on the glass. Baekhyun brought the frame to his chest and let his tears fall. 

"No...no.."

The small male cried as he hugged the frame. Letting it all sink in.

"Why?"

He took a look at the picture and sniffled. 

"You left me back in 2009 where I thought I would never see you again. Five years ago. And now, you permanenlty left me. Now, all I have are memories of you. Pictures of you and the little," Baekhyun sniffled again, trying not to sob, "snowglobe. Did you think of me?" Baekhyun chuckled a little, "I doubt it." 

The small male looked at the snowglobe before he turned it upside down. He twisted the key and didn't let go until he was on his bed. He let it go and put it by the counter before laying on his side, facing the small little globe. The melody began as Baekhyun closed his eyes.

He wasn't escaping reality this time.

He was simply trying to accept the truth.

That he was gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you like it?"

A figure smiled as he looekd at the other through the camera. Baekhyun nodded before speaking.

"Where'd you get this?"

"I made it!"

"You're joking. For real?"

"Yeah! I made it throughout summer when we were busy with our music stuff, remember?"

Baekhyun nodded before smiling at the other.

"How did you make it?"

"I made the two figures with clay and painted them. As you can tell, it's us two in Christmas colors and weird outfits."

Baekhyun giggled as he looked at the snowglobe.

"Yixing helped me on making the tune. He showed me how to do the music box tune. After that I bought the glass circle through the internet. I also bought the bottom part because I didn't know how to make it. I cut very very small pieces of white glittery paper and put it in there. After that I super glued it all together. I made it for you Baekkie. So you can remember me by the melody. I made it for you." 

Baekhyun looked back at the figure as he grinned, a single tear slipping out of his eye.

"Baekkie don't cry...it's supposed to make you happy not sad!"

"I am happy! I'm just surprised, ya'know? I got the feels because of you."

The other laughed before smiling and making a heart with his hands.

"Baekkie I gotta go. I'll chat with you next time ahaha."

"Bye...I'm going to miss you."

"I'm already missing you~"

With that the figure blew a kiss before waving. Baekhyun's screen went black and went to his background picture. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun hated having this memory as he was skyping with Chanyeol. The other questioned why he was crying and Baekhyun shook his head, saying something about remembering. The taller nodded before talking again. 

Chanyeol reminded him so much of his Chanyeol. 

His Park Chanyeol. 

His giant. 

His guitarist. 

His drummer.

Baekhyun hated comparing this Chanyeol with his Chanyeol. This Park Chanyeol was so alike to his Park Chanyeol and it tore him. Baekhyun took in a deep breath before looking up at the older. 

"Channie..."

"What is it puppy?"

Puppy, oh how Baekhyun hated how his face burned. 

"Channie...can I talk with you?"

"Well yeah, what is it?"

"Can we talk..at your place?"

"Sure."

The taller nodded before lacing his fingers with the shorter as they walked into the direction that was already familiar with Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol cradled the smaller in his arms as Baekhyun cried. He had finished spilling his heart out to the taller and found himself in the other's embrace.

"Puppy...I see you're in as much pain as I am."

"H-huh?"

"I lost someone too."

"From w-what?"

"Alzheimer took him away from me."

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol and saw the taller's eyes turn a darker shade of brown and how his gaze harden.

"He, Minseok, was my childhood friend. He was older than me by three years so I always followed him. He taught me about music. He was into what I'm into. Guitars was our main thing. He had plenty of them in his room.  He showed me how to play one and let me use his personal guitar that no one but himself could touch, I felt pretty special. After that, in middle school and high school was were we started getting more into it. Making songs. Playing in the open. It was great. Minseok taught me piano and he taught me how to sing too. Boy, he taught me how to dance too! It was awesome. One day he was dancing as I played the guitar and drums when he just fell on the ground. I stopped playing and picked him up as quickly as possible. It frightened me. I didn't know what to do so I just ran to some doctor or hospital. They took him in and I waited for a while until he regained concious. I watched him from my chair as he opened his eyes and starred at me with those hazel almond eyes. He looked at me before asking, 'Who are you?' You don't know how terrible and sad I felt when he couldn't remember. When I touched him he stared at me and smiled, 'Chanyeol, what's wrong? Why do you look so scared?' After that I always stood by his side. I went almost everywhere he did and even bought an apartment for us. My feelings for him grew and I kissed him as he taught me how to slow dance. We were a happy/sad couple. Three months before he passed away were horrible. He was afraid of me. He would scream when I touched him. He would throw things at me saying, "I don't know you!" But he never once said my name. When he died he held onto my hand and smiled up at me. He weakly said, "I love you." " 

Chanyeol by this point was crying really hard. His voice broke as he re-told Baekhyun what had happened to him. The shorter comforted the older by hugging him and telling him things were okay and that now the two had eachother and nothing bad could take them away. The taller stop bawling and sniffed. He brought Baekhyun into his arms and kissed his head. 

"Thank you puppy."

"You're welcome giant."

The two smiled at each other before their lips connected.