Tears of Joy

Tears of Joy - Sunggyu

A deafening silence filled between the walls of your shared apartment, a few simple, soft lights were inside to try and make your home seem less lonely. Yet the loneliness continued to press itself on you, finding your heart straining with every beat, your lungs tightening with every breath. Standing to your feet, you ran your fingers through your hair while you walked around, trying to calm yourself down from the painful loneliness that was taking you hostage. 

Lifting your eyes slightly, strands of your hair fell before your eyes while you stared at your favorite picture of you and Sunggyu, your fiance. With his face tilted to yours like he was going to kiss your cheek, a smile was grazing over the smooth skin of your cheek. Sunggyu’s arms wrapped around your shoulders as your hands wrapped around one of his wrists while the other hand was laced with his. A big, bright and genuine smile was plastered on your face, even with a hint of blush on your cheeks, you both looked so happy and that is what made it your favorite picture.

Sighing, you brought your bottom lip between your pearly, white teeth as you gently bit into your pink lip. Your mind instantly shifted gears and thought of what Sunggyu was doing at that very moment. Slipping your hands into the backs of your cut off jean shorts, you felt your phone and pulled it out from your back pocket.

Lighting up the screen, you saw another favorite picture of yours. His hand was one side of the heart while your hand was the other side, both of you were kissing in the background, yet you both were blurred out as the focus was on your hands. Punching in your password, you pulled up your conversation, pulling the conversation up to the last time you both had talked, you lifted your free hand up to your lips while your fingers moved over your lips.

I miss you. - Gyu
I wish I was sleeping next to you, with my arms wrapped around you, our breathing in sync and our dreams connected as we rested our heads against each others, then I would know that I would have sweet dreams instead of nightmares. - Gyu
I hope you are doing okay and not working too hard~ - Gyu
Watch our favorite movie that you always love to show me - Gyu
Call me when you wake up, I miss your soft morning voice - Gyu
XOXOXOX
- Gyu

Reading his part of the messages, tears started to swell in your eyes, trying hard to keep the tears from falling, you looked upwards as you took deep breaths. Feeling the walls start to close in on you, you knew that you had to get outside and clear your head. Shuffling over to the door, you turned off your lights on the way, slipping on your matching favorite pair of Vans and lifting a light jacket from the coat hook, you slipped your arms through the sleeves before your eyes dropped to the toes of your shoes.

Slightly turned inwards, you though of the matching pair that Sunggyu had and took with him while he has been away for a month or two now. Feeling those tears that you fought off, only a few moments ago, sting your eyes once more, you pulled your coat tighter around you. Opening the door you flipped off the last light before you walked through the door and closed it quietly behind you.

Pulling the sleeves of your sweater over your hands, stuffing your hands in your pockets before you skipped down the flight of stairs. The cool air nipped at your exposed legs, but with the comforting cold air now around you and scaring away the tears and loneliness for a moment you were able to let out a sigh of relief.

Casually walking down the street, you watched all of the different people on the street while you passed them. Some lovers, while others were young and old, some with kids and others without, you smiled seeing the little dogs trot along the strides of their masters while the larger dogs lightly pulled at the leash wanting to go faster.

Finding your way around the city and to the nearest park, mature trees started to replace the street lamps as the road on one side of the sidewalk turned into dirt and then grass. Slowly following the path, you kept sighing as you thought of how many more days that you would have to be here without him.

Coming across a grass and rock amphitheater, you smiled slightly and walked down a few stairs to get to one of the ledges. Taking a seat, you felt the chill of the rock underneath you, with your shoulders slightly shivering, you moved your hands to your lap while your eyes looked up into the moon.

"Wherever you are, I hope that you are looking up at the moon just to know how much I miss you" You quietly mumbled before you dropped your eyes from the bright moon and black silken sky before you kicked your feet across the grass below.

"I miss you" You whispered even softer as the tears appeared once more, without warning, you felt them roll down your cheek and drop onto the exposed skin of your legs.

The bottom of your lip slightly quivered as your chest clenched tightly, taking in a shaky breath you pulled one of your hands from your pockets and wiped away your tears with the bottom part of the sleeve before shoving your hand back into your pocket of your jacket.

"Please, don’t cry" A voice from behind you gently comforted you.

Jumping a little, thinking that you were all alone, you turned around and saw a figure standing at the top of the amphitheater. One hand was in his pocket while his other one hung to his side, holding his duffel bag tightly. Rounding your shoulders, you blinked away your blurry eyes, trying to see who was there. 

Light fashionable jeans clung to his toned legs while a darker shirt was under a black hoodie and black sunglasses framed his eyes. Turning around a little more, you furrowed your eyebrows together while he let out a little chuckle and started to walk down to you. Watching him move down to your level, only one name came into your mind.

Sunggyu

Approaching you, you stood up and moved closer to him to get a better look of him, just to make sure that you weren’t seeing things. Sunggyu slipped his glasses off of his face and folded them before he hooked them into his back pocket of his jeans.

"S-Sunggyu?" You whispered while he lifted his head and a cute smile spread on his face.

"It’s me, Angel" He smiled and set his bag down on the ground before he opened his arms slightly.

With the small invitation, you pulled your hands out of your pocket and trotted the rest of the way up to him and flung your arms around him, your head instantly pressed against his chest as you felt his arms move around you. Tucking your head under his chin, he spread his fingers out along your back as he pulled you as close to him as he could. Your fingers gripped the fabric of his jacket as you felt warm tears stream down your face.

Another shaky breath was heard and felt with Sunggyu’s hands on your back.

"Why are you crying, Angel?" He whispered, moving his head lower as his cheek pressed against the side of your head, gently rocking you from side to side.

"I’m just so happy that you are here, with me" The last two words came out a little cracked from your emotions.

"I will always come back to you" Sunggyu pulled away a little as he whispered softly, resting his forehead on yours, he glanced down at your lips as he saw you trying to hide in his chest.

Lifting one of his hands from resting on your back, he placed his forefinger under your chin and tilted it upwards before he captured your lips with his. Feeling his soft, warm lips against yours your eyes fluttered closed as you moved your lips with his, pulling yourself closer to him, the two of you leaned into the kiss while his hands both returned around you.

Snaking your hands up over his chest and around his neck, you played with the hairs on the back of his head while the kiss progressed, showing each other just how much both of you need to be with one another coupled with the love for each other. This was one of the most heartfelt and loving kisses that the two of you shared together.

Distance is just a test, to see how far love can travel
Love knows no distance
~