Chap 1: The Beginning

Fate

"Gary ah... il-luwa, come and meet your new friends, now this is your home so don't worry" Said the caretaker of the foster home with a loving voice pointing at all the children in the house.

Gary who is in total shocked just keep his words to himself, all the emotions that one can feel is lingering in his heart. He look all around the foster home, with kids running here and there but he just can't find peace with himself.

"Om...ma...." Cried Gary who suddenly burst to tears.

He couldn't erase the memory of what he saw happened to his mother that was murdered by the gangsters. The caretaker quickly grab him and hug him tightly.

"Kwenchanna.... everything will be okay Gary ah..." The caretaker who is trying to calm Gary down pat his head gently.

While the caretaker is hugging Gary, suddenly Gary felt a nugde on his back he lets go of the caretaker and turn to his back. He saw a little girl(quite younger than him) with two pony tails on each side of her head, handing out her right hand which contain a small packet of sweet.

"Here.... you can have this, don't cry...." Said the little girl giving him the sweet to cheer him up.

Gary who was in resistant at first then slowly take the sweet from the little girl's palm.

"Komowo..." Gary thank her with his after cry voice.

"Wah... charesso Ji Hyo ah... you're such a good girl. Gary ah, this is Ji Hyo, Song Ji Hyo." The caretaker introduce Gary to the little girl (Song Ji Hyo).

"Annyeonghaseyo... my name is Song Ji Hyo, and what is your name?" Ji Hyo greets Gary politely and ask his name.

"I'm Kang Gary...." Whispered Gary who is still standing still with his head down.

Ji Hyo who couldn't hear Gary's soft voice says,"Ne..?"

"Ji Hyo ah.. his name is Kang Gary and he is 7 years old, he's older than you Ji Hyo ah so you should call him oppa, arachi? and Gary ah Ji Hyo is younger than you so both of you should take care of each other arachi? now can you please play with Gary oppa Ji Hyo ah... unnie will be back later arasso?" Said the caretaker to both Gary and Ji Hyo which later made her move to do some paper work.

"Oppa kaja" Ji Hyo grab Gary's left hand and pull him towards a box of toys, and since Gary is not yet comfortable with the new environment he only sticks to Ji Hyo and decline to play with the rest of the kids.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Welcome everyone to the annual school prize presentation ceremony, please have a seat. Today we will be presenting awards to the best of the best students in our school. So here we go..."

*After a while*

"Now I will announce the award that all of you have been waiting for, the best student of the cohort; the recipient of this award is very discipline all the teachers that have taught him says that he really deserve this award as he is a very hard working boy, he is respectful towards his teachers and he can be said to be the role model of the students here in this school. With his family background as a good example for him at home with every member of his family is a lawyer this year's best student of the school cohort is....... KIM.... JONG..... KOOK!!!!!"

Knowing that he had won the prize in the first place, Jong Kook walk steadily to the stage with his chest up and shoulders high to accept the prize of being the best student in the school cohort. As he walk nearer and nearer to the school principal to accept his prize he turn to look to the crowd and expect to see his father(who wanted him to have this award like crazy), however the only smile and wave that he got was from his mother. Jong Kook father was too busy with his work that he didn't have the time to come to the award ceremony. With a disappointed heart Jong Kook shook his principal hand and accept the prize with a forced smile, anyone could have notice that his eyes had been filled with tears but he still pulled himself up and pose for a smile while the camera man is taking his picture.