Because I'm a Girl... ft. Jessica Jung

Because I'm a Girl... I Cry

Title: Because I’m a Girl… I cry....

Cast: Jessica Jung, Kim Heechul, Krystal Jung, Tiffany Hwang, etc.

Genre: Romance, slight Angst

Author's Note: Here is a HeeSica one shot for you! I really did my best with this Chapter so I hope you like it! Although its a little bit long, I hope you read and then you comment! Anyways, I chose Sica to be the lead in this Chapter because I thought that anxiety and drama really suits her. I just hope I didn't over do her character here. Well, it's not for me to decide is it? 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Another wonderful day ruined by the pouring of my own tears. At least the birds still sing a song while watching at me.

They may call me the Ice Princess but I’m weak and fragile on the inside…Being ignored by my one and only father and being treated like a rag by my mother. I could only laugh at my earthly family…

My tears today however, aren’t because of my abusive mother or the ignorance of my father. It’s because of my most precious sister. And I thought I have her on my side. She even called me worthless and shameless! Shame on her! I can’t believe her… I can’t believe them!

I wiped my tears with my bare hands and sniffed the sorrowful tears away. I checked my watch and reminded myself of the meeting I still have to attend to. I gave a deep and hopeless sigh as I settled myself on the cemented bench of the school rooftop- my only sanctuary.

By the way, my name is Jessica. Jessica Jung, the girl whom they know as the Ice Princess and the school’s student body president.  Yes, the student body president. That’s me! But look at me now! I’m crying my heart out at a deserted rooftop! I’m crying like a baby abandoned by her mother…Actually, an abandoned ice princess.

Another deep and sorrowful sigh escaped my mouth as I gathered up myself and also my belongings and headed for the door.

Just when I was about to turn the doorknob, it was pulled away beyond my grasp and appeared a warm-looking man…The warm-looking man yet annoying and the nagging kind. “I thought you’d be here…” his chocolate brown eyes made me speechless for a moment that my mind instantly went rainbows and unicorns. He held the knob tightly with his right hand as he quietly stared at me with an unreadable expression all over his face. “President Jung?” he asked in his husky voice that lingered for a moment longer in my ears.

His snapping fingers in front of my face finally awakened me in my daydream. “Uh… Yeah?” I stuttered and was glad I could even manage to mutter a single word in front of his close presence. It seems to me that he was staring at me the whole time. The whole time, he was in front of me and this close. I could already feel my girly side coming out of me.

“I’m sorry about that…” I said without thinking, looking down at my wobbly feet.

He gave out a cute chuckle. “Sorry for what?” he said grinning at my retort.

“Uh… nothing…” I shrugged. To think that he’s also a member of the student body – a board member – made me think that the meeting hasn’t started yet. Hopefully…not. “Do you have business with me Mr. Kim?” I turned to my cold “Ice princess” like self and used my famous cold stare and tone.

“No… I don’t…” he smiled before passing by me leaving me utterly speechless as his long wavy hair and masculine scent came along with a brushing of the wind. He paused before turning him back to me again. “The meeting is starting in two minutes.”

“Good.” I said, hoping that my composure is still there.

I turned my heels and proceeded to the stairs downward carefully.

 

You really don’t have to hide yourself from me…

 

“That’s all for today…” I gave out the rest of the student body my ‘cold’ stare as I adjourned another meeting. I arranged my files as my secretary the bubbly and jolly Hwang Tiffany approached me with her undeniably cute eye smile. But secretary or not, I didn’t loose my cold self.

“The school has improved a lot since you took over Ms. Jung…” she smiled. “This only shows how good of a leader you are.”

“I’m not fond of flattery Ms. Hwang…”

“Well you could at least say thanks?” she bowed before me as she turned her way to the door leaving me alone…Again…

 

I don’t really know how to describe my life. I barely laugh, let alone talk. My sister has always been the one always there for me. But now…

Sigh…

It’s already thirty minutes after four and I walked my way through the door across the almost deserted hallways. I checked my locker for further schedules from my notebook - “Visit Krystal today^^ Bring her apples”- I erased that one since she hates me right now (and of which might never end) and hurried down the school gates.

The school is quiet now. I like it…Peaceful and very comfortable for me.

I locked my swaying hair behind my left ear and breathed the tranquility of the surrounding. I don’t know what I looked at that instant but I would have been smiling, if not he not comment something like:

“I didn’t know a taciturn girl like you would know how to smile…”

I snapped my neck to the direction of the speaker. Taciturn? Does he even know who I am…? I turned to ice on the spot as I recognized the speaker. It’s him…

Half of my heart immediately stopped as he took another step closer to where I was. Half of my heart also wanted to punch him right on his bare and handsome face for calling me a taciturn. I clenched my fist but resisted on acting upon his remark.

“That’s president to you…” I said and opted for an expressionless face. I didn’t bother looking at his face which I presumed to be shining contrast to the setting of the sun that has been casting upon the school ever since this afternoon.

“My apologies Ms. Jung…” he smirked and halted only a few inches away from me.

The sun is going further under the mountains of the left side of Korea and the coolness of the air covered both him and me. He remained silent so did I. It was a reasonable choice since I don’t usually like his selection of words.

“So where are you off to Ms. Jung?” he asked silently hiding his hands inside his pockets, his head turning to my direction.

“Home…” I answered shortly also facing him. He appeared to be surprised by my answer at the knowledge of my sister being in the hospital.

Yes. Krystal Jung. My sister was admitted at the hospital after being involved in a terrible car accident yesterday. After being admitted to the hospital I visited her and saw her talking to my mother. They were talking something serious and it was painted on Krystal’s sleepy and tired face. When I entered the room, my mother as I expected left the room immediately and Krystal gave me for the first time, the worst stare she could have possibly make.

“Isn’t Krystal Jung in the hospital? You aren’t going to visit her?”

“Nope… I’m sure my presence would only cause her nuisance.” I squeezed another fake and weak smile.

“Uh… May I know the reason why?” he asked, surprise written all over his face.

“You sound surprised…”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well… It’s a very long story Mr. Kim…”

“Just for today… Let’s drop the formalities and for the sake of my curiosity let’s sit on the subject...”

I was left speechless yet again. He caught me off guard right there. Who would have guess that there are still people curious about my family background and relations. He offered me his hand and I without any second thoughts accepted it.

He and I went for a walk on the park before started the whole sister-sister story. We found a comfortable bench beside an overgrown oak tree and took our seat.

The moon is visible now and the absence of daylight from the sun signaled that it was getting late. But with a particular person as company I don’t mind it at all. I straightened my back and opened my mouth but he cut me off instantly. I turned to look at him with big round shocked eyes.

“Is your sister the reason of your tears earlier?” he asked his eyes straight towards the distant midnight blue horizon.

I hesitated whether to remain silent or respond to his query. “Uhm…”

“Tell me… Tell me the whole story…”

“Well…”

 

He remained silent and listened to my every word. He asked short questions like “why” or “what” only when necessary. His palms were pressed together as he listened. He turned to stare at my glassy eyes and then back to the sky. His expression softened as I went through the details of my crisis. I silently sniffed the tears away and tried my best not to let it fall from the corners of my eyes. Finally I came to my conclusion.

“No one in my family thinks that I’m very important or that significant at all.” I gave him a weary smile.

“Don’t smile like that. Because I know that that smile of yours is only to hide the tears and sorrow you’ve been keeping all along.” He said reassuringly.

“Well… What I think is that being the president obliges me to not show anyone, most certainly not a member of the body to see me my weakness…”

“President or not, we all have our weaknesses. We all after are humans. Having said that…You’re a girl, isn’t it just more appropriate for girls to cry?” He stood up picking up his bag and turned to face me once more. “You have to talk to your sister no matter what. She maybe hiding something from you and couldn’t show it. Don’t hurt yourself too much… You might earn the “Masochist Ice Princess” that way…” He smiled.

I don’t know why. I don’t care why. But I feel very, very eased as he told me those words. His last smile as he turned and began walking slowly away from me remained at the back of my head. Thank you. Thank you so much… I feel better now.

As I stood up to take my leave I heard the same boy shout, “You’re her sister! Don’t let anything take that relationship away from you!” He said from afar.

I raised my right hand and waved at his direction.

 

I hope I helped… even just a bit…

 

The next day…

“Okay, that’s all for today. Thank you for your hard work.” I said. Looking at the last one to leave who would be secretary Hwang, I gave her name a gentle call, “Ms. Hwang? Do you have any idea where Mr. Kim is?”

She made an exquisite and surprised face before giving me her cute eye smile again. “Mr. Kim is absent right now President. He seems to be out of town with some important family matters at hand.” I nodded in response and walked towards the door.

I was about to open the wooden door when the secretary called me. “Yes?”

“Why are you suddenly looking for Mr. Kim, Ms. Jung?”

“It’s nothing important.”

 

Walking down the hall I saw Choi Sulli, Krystal’s best friend, with a big bouquet of flowers in her hand. “Sulli? May I have a word?”

“Yes eonni?”

“Is that for Krystal? Let me take it to her since I’m going there.” I took the bouquet from her hands and she willingly gives it to me as well.

I don’t care. I’m Krystal’s big sister. I have to sort things out with her. I have to talk to her and hear what she has to say. No matter how painful it might be. I checked my watch and the time was half past four. The Hospital is only two kilometers away from the school but at this time, it would take twenty minutes longer because of rush hour. I hurried down to the school gates thinking of a faster way to get there. Students were bowing as I passed them.

I waited a taxi cab for a few minutes but started running after it was getting way too long to get one. At the corner of the road, a black motorcycle with an unknown rider stopped in front of me which almost gave me a shock.

The driver took his helmet off and by the way his long hair swayed around his face I could tell that I know this unknown driver after all. “Get on…” he said giving me another blue helmet.

I gave him a stern look and thanked him before hopping on his back and wrapping my arms around his body.

Why the heck is this guy caring for me so much? I asked to myself all over again. He the engine causing it to produce loud sounds of ignition. “Hold on…” he said briefly and we accelerated to the highway.

He managed to avoid the heavy traffic and minutes later we were at the front of the hospital.

 

“What are you doing here? Didn’t I say that I didn’t want to see your face? Not yours, not mom’s or dad’s!” Krystal said as I walked towards her bedside table and arranged the flowers neatly. I ignored everything she’s been saying since I entered her room. “Don’t you get it? I don’t like you. Get away fro me—“

“Yah!..” I said shutting my sister’s mouth down. Her eyebrows still creased together. “Won’t you listen to me first?! I don’t care what you think of me right now. Go on! But I care less! Disgust me, hate me, whatever! But Krystal-ah! I’m your sister! What in the world is wrong with you?”

“Me? Nothing was ever wrong with me.” She smirked. “You don’t know? You don’t know do you! You don’t know the truth so don’t come here barging like you care!” Krystal’s eyes were getting wetter by the passing minute.

“So tell me. Tell me everything. I don’t care how much the truth hurts.”

“Mom said that you and I are orphans.”

My heart stopped at the outrageous news and I dropped on my knees as they lost their strength immediately. At that very instant my tears filled up my eyes and my vision became very blurry. “What? What are you talking about?”

“Even you and I are not blood-related. They just made it all up… So then if that’s the case, why be that nice?”

A pair of strong arms assisted me to stand up. “You know… Since you know that you’re not blood-related then shouldn’t you be more sympathetic to her? You’ve been with her for who knows how many years and you knew her to be your sister yet after deplorable news you forget all of those years? How humiliating…”

I returned his grip as my ears lost their numbness slowly. Right… I should accept no matter how the truth hurts. At least now I have the reason to accept the things the way they are. “Krystal-ah… Sorry then…If I disturbed you now, sorry…If my best wasn’t enough to be your perfect and ideal sister, sorry… If I was stupid enough to treat you as my real biological sister, sorry… I am very sorry. And don’t worry. I won’t come here again. But listen to this, I moved to an apartment a few days ago remember? If you don’t have anywhere to go, you can come and stay there…” I said weakly. “We’ll take our leave now…”

 

The ride home with the same person was quiet. He was silent and I was as well. Still, I thanked him inside my heart a lot. Thanks because if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have known the truth. “Are you okay?”

He said as he got off his motorcycle and led me to my door. “Yeah… I’m good…” I faked a smile hoping and praying that it isn’t that obvious.

“You’re still shocked from your sister huh… Don’t worry… Everything will be okay…” he handed me a white handkerchief and I took it willingly.

“I hope…” I turned my heels and grabbed the door after saying, “Thank you for today…”

“Heechul… Kim Heechul. Well, sleep well now… My mother’s dead worried about me right now, By the way, by the time we meet each other again I want that handkerchief back and I want a little chat with you Ms. Jung. ‘Til then…” He hopped unto his motorcycle and before I could call his name out again, he’s gone.

 

As I entered the peach black apartment I just moved into the other day, I broke down instantly. The comfort I got from the small piece of cloth he lent me was comforting yet not enough as the walls seemed to move closer as I listened to the pouring of my tears. I didn’t care. But I really, really miss my sister. I wish I could be with her right now.

As my overflowing tears continued to fall from my eyes, my phone started ringing. I picked my phone and opened the unread message.

And just when I thought all hopes were gone.

 

From: Krystal ^^

SMS: Eonni!!! I’m so sorry! I want to be with you so much! Please forgive me! I’ll be out of the hospital tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Forgive me already…  

 

I smiled to myself, forgetting everything but my sister for a moment. Once again, a familiar guy with a long wavy black hair and mysterious identity appeared in my mind. “Tsch…”

 

Days later…

Thanks to him everything’s back in its rightful places, except for the treatment of my parents of course. I don’t expect anything to happen with that subject matter. But right now, I’m happy with my life.

Krystal arrived at my doorsteps after that day and she is still with me right now.

I am still the Ice Princess of the school and is still the student body president.

I am actually getting better in socializing with the other student body members as well. It was Krystal’s idea to change my treatment towards them.

And still…Mr. Kim is still missing from the daily meetings.

 

“That’s all for today…” I said as the other members of the body took their leave. “See you tomorrow.” I followed shortly. The school festival is coming soon and I still need to get my hands on some other activities for the future months. I massaged my temples and sat momentarily on my seat.

The door snapped slowly and someone entered furtively. I assumed that it was Ms. Hwang forgetting something - a file maybe. “What did you forget today Ms. Tiffany?”

 

“I just wanted to get the handkerchief back and maybe talk with you more?”

I turned around to see the same face which I undeniably miss all this time. Also, a sharp electricity went running down my spine as I repeated that thought inside my head.