(_|_)

Always Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fully inspired from a comic that I read not too long ago \o/

Are you in need of a friend?

 

“Yes.”

 

Are you in need of someone to talk to? To be a listener of your problems?

 

“Yes.”

 

Are you in need of someone that you want to be always there for you?

                                                                

“Y–Yes.”

 

It’s time to get the Guardian Spell, loner!

Read more to get the Guardian Spell!

 

Taeyeon knew it was a stupid idea to believe a site that is barely believable but she just couldn’t help it. She has been feeling lonely for God knows for how long. Sure, she has family members to keep her happy but she felt like they weren’t just enough for her. She wanted something more. She wanted someone. She wanted a friend, to be a listener of her problems, to show they care for her, to keep her happy and most importantly, to be always there for her. It to discover that no one in her school fits the description. Everyone looked down on her. The only time they wanted to be friends with her is during examination season. She isn’t a freaking book, damn.

 

“Let’s see,” Taeyeon adjusted her reading glasses as she scooted closer to the laptop screen for a better view. “Form a big circle under a big tree, uh, okay? Hold a salmon fish on your right ha–Okay, . This is obviously a hoax but well,” She shrugged as if she doesn’t care about it that much. “It’s worth to give it a try…?”

 

She knew she had a little hope for this.

What if it actually works?

 

Taeyeon completely zoned out for a moment before she rushed out from her room, heading downstairs to find her mother. “Ummaaa! Do we have a salmon fish?”

 

“What are you up to now, sweetie?!”

 

 

I need someone,

I need a friend, a listener, a knight,

My guardian, if you can hear me,

Please show yourself to me!

Please show yourself!

 

Taeyeon threw salt into the big circle she drew with her crayons and closed her eyes, saying a few Latin words until she heard big thud right in front of her. She gasped at the thud, did it really worked? She didn’t hear glorious background music anywhere though but, hell, she heard a big thud! “G–Guardian?”

 

She opened her eyes, only to find a girl white T-shirt and white pants in the middle of the big circle. The mysterious girl looked like they are the same age and she was holding a white cat in her hands while she groaned in pain. “Ouch, that really hurts.”

 

“A–Are you alright?” Taeyeon went closer to the girl, extending the salmon fish to her. The girl took a good long stare at Taeyeon, feeling weird about something. Probably the fish though. “Yeah, thanks.” She took the fish and feed to the cat as she stood up from the ground. Taeyeon heaved a smile, seeing the guardian showing affections to the cat with the salmon fish that she brought. She faced away from the guardian once their eyes met, again, causing the uneasy one to feel weird.

 

“It actually works.” Taeyeon whispered to herself.

 

The girl awkwardly took her cat back in her arms and secretly walked away from Taeyeon. Unfortunately, she got caught just when she was about to run away. “Damn.” She turned around and gave an annoyed smile to the dork. “Yes, may I help you?”

 

“Where are you going, guardian? Shouldn’t you stay here with me and be my friend?” Taeyeon wasn’t kidding. She couldn’t even let go of the girl’s arm. She was really in need of her guardian right now. Crap. The girl smoothly slipped Taeyeon’s hand away from hers as she flashed another sarcasm smile.

 

“Yeah, uh, I have to go home and check out with, uh–” The girl rubbed her nape unsurely. “–The Guardian Chief because I think I forgot something to say so, uh, bye!” The chance of running away was really fortunate. She thanked herself for choosing to run in immediate before the dork could say another to her. Taeyeon wanted to chase the girl but she was too late since she was no longer in sight.

 

“She will return. I’m sure she will…” Taeyeon smiled to herself and didn’t know she was a bit teary. She wiped off her tears until suddenly she smelt something fishy–and when I type fishy, it really has something to do with salmon fish.

 

“! I need to wash this smell away!”

 

 

“Good morning, class. Today, we will be having a new student from China.” Taeyeon’s classmates were fascinated that they all ‘OoOooOoh’ to their teacher. That includes Taeyeon herself, of course. Who wouldn’t be curious when there is a new student? “Come in and introduce yourself to the class, please.”

 

Everyone eyed at the blond girl who stepped inside the classroom, completely gaining attention in immediate. “Hello, my name is Kim Hyoyeon and I’m your new classmate.” The girl, Hyoyeon bowed to her new classmates who applaud for her. “So glad to have you with us, Hyoyeon. You can your seat next to Taeyeon now.” The teacher pointed at the empty seat beside the frozen Taeyeon and made Hyoyeon to gasp a little when she saw the familiar face from yesterday.

 

‘You again?!’

‘My guardian is a Chinese!’

 

“Taeyeon shi, you are responsible to give a school tour for Hyoyeon shi later on.” Taeyeon nodded to her teach other emotionlessly as Hyoyeon took a seat next to her in defeat. Once the teacher started the class, Taeyeon tilted her head to the annoyed Hyoyeon with a smile. “Hi, guardian. How was the talk with Chief Guardian?” She whispered, making Hyoyeon to sigh sharply. Taeyeon was probably the last person she would like to have a talk with.

 

Hyoyeon took a heavy inhale and exhaled it with the most sneer look she could ever give to someone. “It was wonderful.”

 

“I hope we’ll get along together very well.” Taeyeon gave a smile to Hyoyeon before she put her attention back to her teacher. At first, Hyoyeon was annoyed at the girl but then she had something in her mind. Why would she be annoyed by someone she had just met 24 hours ago? Just with a quick thinking of that, Hyoyeon found herself having another long good stare at Taeyeon one more time and was zoning out throughout the class because of it.

 

‘She’s really something.’

 

 

It was recess time and Taeyeon had done giving tours to Hyoyeon around their school. They ended up having lunch together in the rooftop where only a few students were spotted there. “Do you have anything to eat?” Taeyeon asked once they reached at a spot where they can see a beautiful view of Seoul city that was distance from where they are. Hyoyeon was amazed by the view as she took a seat next to Taeyeon on the bench.

 

“No. I don’t really eat–”

 

“Great! I made something for you!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter