Chapter 1

A fatal attraction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh….Another one bites the dust!” lamented a burly murder convict while the one that’s being brought under custody seethed in disgust. The warden harshly shoved the young man in his early 30’s who was in shackles inside his designated cell. His cell mate snickered as if mocking him of his current pathetic state.

 

Sporting an ugly pot-belly, yellowing teeth and an unkempt physique, the convict sat at the farthest corner of the cell and watched as the young convict was being freed of his constraints. Finally able to articulate his stiff wrists, he sighed heavily before settling down on his ragged, old, worn out and dirty bunk bed.

 

As soon as he was freed, the warden threw an annoyed and disgusted look at them both mostly out of his dislike for this job and having to keep watch over thousands of potentially dangerous criminals. Locking the cell from the outside the warden continued to mutter something under his breath, something along the lines of why people even commit crimes and make his life miserable.

 

As the young man watched the warden walk down the hallway towards his office, the other convict dressed in an old wife beater who was currently sitting across from him on the floor stood and straightened up.

 

“Inspector Cho’s new catch! Man he just keeps getting better and better.” the man grunted. For the most part, the young man decided to ignore his cell mate’s little pep talk as he didn’t really want to be sent to solitary confinement in his first day apparently for murdering his annoying cell mate who was doing a good job of getting under his skin.

 

“What did you do to end up here?” the man asked in hopes of getting a reply. Instead he received a cold stare that clearly sent a message to mind his own business.

 

“Are you mute?” he asked next. The young man felt the veins in his forehead pop out in sheer annoyance as his cell mate relentlessly prodded for information.

 

“Why don’t you just off and leave me the hell alone…ugly!” he seethed and laid down on the hard mattress.

 

“Ooh…Touchy touchy! Ok. I’ll leave you alone. For now that is.” the man surrendered. As he sat down on his bunk, he let his eyes wander over the handsome face of his new cell mate. Surely he didn’t seem like a criminal in any angle with his milky white skin, his sharp nose and jawline, those lusciously plump bee-stung lips and his lean built. If anything, he looked like the male lead straight out of a romantic movie.

 

“The name’s Kim Jong Shin. What’s yours?” The huge man with deep set eyes asked. He heard another tired sigh from the young man before he receiving a curt reply.

 

“Heechul. Kim Heechul.”

 

Turning to his side as he faced the grey wall he closed his eyes. But all Kim Heechul could think of was just one thing.

 

And that was to exact his revenge. Revenge from the one person who had managed to con him, catch him off guard and pried him off his ultimate freedom. Heechul and his accomplices had always blindsided the police and given them the slip even in the most precariously balanced and compromising situations. He was yet to meet his match in the charismatic, gorgeous and talented Inspector Cho Kyuhyun. Heechul had a bloated ego and an uncanny over confidence that gave him an illusion that he owned the underworl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter