Final.

For Granted

The last bell had rang, and students were spilling out into the hallways in a matter of seconds. The chatter had risen to full volume, and the two friends that always met at the gym were excited. As they both wave to each other, a smile appears on their faces.

"Hey, Sky."

"What's up, Jinhwan?"

"You are, apparently. Cause you know, the sky is up, and your name is Sk- Whatever. But I have football, are you going?"

Their flag football team was co-ed, and although she loved football, she didn't want to join.

"Uh, no. I'm not. Have fun though. I'll come to your house later?"

"Okay. Bye."

Their conversations were long and short, but they were comfortable. They were the type of friends that were truly friends. They didn't secretly hate each other, and they didn't hold the other responsible for their own . It was a good friendship. Since, childhood. They were both around four years old, and Sky had just moved into the house across the street. Jinhwan wanted the new family to have a son, so that he could play with him. However, it was Sky. Sky turned out better than any guy could've. She was important to him, and he to her. Ever since she was young, she had been bullied. Jinhwan was a person that was always kind and respectful. He was an introverted guy, and she loved that about him. As they part ways, he stops about ten steps away. Jogging back to his friend, he drapes an arm around her shoulder.

"You know what? I can skip today. It's just drills. Let's go get some burgers!"

His laugh fills her eardrums, and they walk off. It's getting dark, but they have nowhere to go, really. As he pays for their meal, the silence just continues as they walk home. The silence is natural, and soon, they're both in their bedrooms, dreaming the same dream. Jinhwan flops onto his bed, content. The sudden buzzing of his phone alarms him. The number was unknown to him.

"Hello?", he answered hesitantly.

"Hello. Is this Kim Jinhwan?"

"Yes, it is. How can I help you?"

"I'm calling on behalf of YG. I'm happy to tell you, son, you got in."

"I did? Really? This isn't a joke?"

"It's real. Now, I'm going to need you to show up tomorrow at the YG Trainee Building. We have more information for you there. Be there at 6AM sharp. Don't be late. I hope to see you tomorrow. Goodbye."

Just like that, the call ended. He was still unable to register what had just happened.

I got in? Holy crap! I got in!

This was big news, and the first person he was going to tell was Sky. Wait, Sky. A look of sudden confusion overcomes him, and he freezes.

What will Sky think?

A call to his friend, and she congratulates him. Her fake ecstatic tone manipulates him, and she's happy when the phone call ends. Collapsing onto the couch, the phone slips out of her palm. A blank expression is plastered over her face. She was happy for her friend. Actually, she was extremely proud of him, but something felt off, something negative. She didn't feel good.

I know that he'll be leaving soon. Leaving here, leaving me.

The next day, they meet up at the park. His eyes form into a crescent moon when he sees her.

"Hey! So they told me that I needed to go meet them at the YG building. Can you go with me? Please! I'm nervous, and I need you there."

"Of course I will."

With that, they go to Seoul, departing from Jeju Island. When they arrive, he holds her hand. They always did that whenever the other was either nervous or scared. It was nerve wracking for both of them, and they entered the building quite reluctantly. As they enter, the first thing that the woman at the front desk noticed was how bright their eyes shined. A little smile tugged at her lips.

"Hello! How may I help you?"

Jinhwan froze in his spot, and no words came out. Sky gave him a little shake, and he came back to life. Since she knew that he was going to be very slow, she went forward to the desk. Their hands still interlocked, she flashed the woman a smile.

"We're here for an appointment for Kim Jinhwan."

The woman typed a few words on the keyboard, and a ding was heard.

"Ah, it's you. Your appointment is on the second floor, first room to your right. I'm sorry, but she can't come."

Jinhwan looks at Sky, and she returns the look.

"It's fine.", Sky replied.

Giving his hand a little squeeze, she smiled.

"You'll do fine."

"Thanks, I owe you one. Wish me luck."

He lets go of her hand, and heads toward the elevator. Before entering, he ran back to Sky, pulling her towards him. He swiftly places a kiss on her cheek. As she stands there stunned, he smirks as he runs back to the elevator. Her hand slowly reaches up to touch the place where his lips had been.

"Is he your boyfriend?", the woman then asks.

"No, he isn't.", she replies.

The woman has a smile on her face. Her expression was a mix of sadness and happiness.

"These poor kids. Even if they do love each other, his career won't allow it."

After about half an hour, Jinhwan appears through the elevator doors. Sky had been waiting in the lobby, wondering about that kiss. They were close, but they weren't that close. They bid goodbye to the woman, and pushed through the glass doors of the building.

"So, how'd it go?"

"Good.", he smiled.

"How's the contract?"

"It's good. I like it. It isn't horrible."

Just like that, they go back home. On the walk to their houses, she starts to feel restless. Many questions started to fill her mind, about ready to explode. Before they parted their ways, she grabbed his arm.

"Wait."

"What?"

Dropping to the curb, she sat down, her hand still gripping his. Being the introvert he was, he slowly sat down with her.

"I need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"When... when are you leaving?"

There's silence for awhile. They both don't speak as they listen to the sound of the train that passes by somewhere in the distance.

"I leave in two days."

It was difficult for him to form those words. It pained him for a reason. Her emotionless face returns, and she stares off into the galaxy of stars.

"Oh.", is all she's able to muster.

They just sit there, for about another hour or so, thinking. Finally breaking the silence she laughs.

"What?"

"You're such a weird kid, Kim Jinhwan."

"Well, you're my best friend, so you are too."

They laugh as they both turn their heads toward each other, their eyes sparkling. Slowly inching towards each other, their lips slowly interlock. It's a chaste kiss, lasting only a few moments. A few moments was enough. It was satisfying, to finally understand all this confusion between them. However, that didn't last long as they parted. They both stare at each other, surprised.

"That.. I.. I-", he stutters.

"How about we just go?"

"Totally fine with me."

They awkwardly jog towards their houses. As Sky gets into her desirable house, she leans against the door as it shuts behind her.

Oh what am I going to do? I hate you, Kim Jinhwan. I hate you.

Sulking, she walks to her bedroom. Ignoring her dad's shouts for dinner. She would have loved to eat her dad's cooking a while ago, but her appetite had disappeared. Flopping onto her bed, she sighs.

I've loved him for so long. No matter the silence between us, we were comfortable friends. I knew everything about him, and he knew everything about me. I can't believe I fell in love with that idiot. He was just so kind. I couldn't help it, and it broke my heart every time I looked at him because I knew that he didn't feel the same. You can tell by the way he looks at you. Jinhwan had always avoided eye contact with me, but at the rare times that I did catch his eyes, they were the most painful.

Letting the memories fade away, she drifts off. As she finally falls into the depths of nothing, a glittering streak of tears slides down the side of her face.

Don't leave me, Jinhwan.

The next day, they both knew what was in store. He would be busy packing. As she passed by his house, she frowns. Not having the courage to show face, she continues walking, all the way to the dance studio. As Jinhwan wakes up, he immediately remembers the previous events. Touching his lips, a little smile starts to form. He removed it as soon as it came.

"Kim Jinhwan. You cannot do this now. Nope, you can't.", he reassures himself.

As he starts to throw useless memoirs into the boxes laid out around him, he keeps thinking of her. Sky. The way she smiles, the way she dances, and the many different ways she can make him happy start to flood into his mind. Giving up, he frustratingly throws the book onto his bed. He reaches for his phone, checking for any calls or texts.

Why hasn't she contacted me yet? It's my last day.

Knowing that she was always that type of person, he let it go.

She'll see me off. I know it.

As Sky's perspirations fill up the thick air of the dance studio, she starts to think of Jinhwan. She's always loved him, and she couldn't stop. The intruding thoughts of him distracted her. Her sharp movements starts to slur, and she soon lost the beat. Exclaiming with frustration, she slides down against the glass mirrors. She then flips through her phone. Pressing the photo icon, she looks through the many photos of them. A little laugh emitted from her as she looked at a picture of them on his birthday. Their faces were covered with icing, but their smiles were still bright. A realization then hit her.

I have to tell him. I need to.

Being the person she was, she ran out of the studio. Trying to control her erratic breathing, she stops at it's doorstop.

If I do this, there's no turning back. No more comfort. The silence will be bitter this time.

Another voice pushes itself into her mind.

But you have to. He'll be leaving.

Just the thought of him leaving was enough to make her sprint across the town to his house. Knocking on his door, she breathes slowly. Half of her wanted him to answer the door, the other half didn't. To her relief, his Mom greeted her at the door.

"Oh! Sky! It's late, what are you doing here?"

"I.. I'm here to see Jinhwan. May I?"

"Of course. Would you like to come in?"

She thought about it. Not able to even think about confessing to him in his room, she refused.

"Can he come out here? I'm sorry, but I just really need to tell him something."

An apparent smile rests on his mother's face as she calls him down. He probably just came back from the shower. His hair was still dripping wet.

"Yes?"

Opening the door wider, Jinhwan locks eyes with her. The sudden contact made her blush. Closing the door behind him, he steps out into the cold night. Their breathing becomes visible as it gets colder.

"Sky? I've been waiting for you, I guess. I'm sorry I didn't contact you."

A light chuckle comes from her sweet vocals, but he noticed a slight difference in it.

"Jinhwan, I. I came to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Well, this is quite shocking for me too, so I don't mind it if you're shocked. I.. I love you. Yeah, I love you."

His eyes widen, unlike his normal chinky ones. He stares at her, bewildered. The confidence she gathered up slowly starts to atrophy into the air as the silence gets longer. Her eyes stay stuck to her shoes.

"Hah, well. I guess that's it. Bye, Jinhwan. I wish the best for you in Seoul. You promise me you'll debut?"

Not getting an answer, she pivots, turning the other way. She wanted him to grab her and embrace her, but he didn't. As her footsteps get quicker, the tears that were welling up in her eyes starts to fall. Jinhwan stood in his spot, frozen. He had processed it, but the the situation was abstruse.
Letting her walk away, he watches. Breaking down as soon as she shuts her door, she cries.

I knew it. Oh well. At least you told him.

Jinhwan enters his bedroom. Throwing his belongings across the room, he shouts.

How could I let her go? Why did she have to say it now? Sky, I'm sorry.

The next day, he prepares to leave. Packing up the car, he sends his farewells to his parents. Their tears can't seem to stop, and his don't either. His mother lingers onto him as he gives him one last hug.

"Be safe, okay?"

"Of course."

He looks at her house for a good minute, confused.

Should I say farewell? Should I tell her what I feel? If I do that, I'll never be able to leave.

He bitterly closes his eyes as he gets into the cab.

Goodbye, Sky.

She watches from her bedroom window. A feeling of anger starts to rise, but it soon settles.

Goodbye, Jinhwan.

Four years pass, and Jinhwan is still a trainee at YG Entertainment. He's improved a lot, and his fellow members adore him. They were shooting the new show, WIN. He has always avoided thinking about Sky. Today, they were supposed to go back to his home, Jeju Island. He starts to reminisce the memories. The painful memories are able to make him fear his home. After shooting the heartfelt moment with Bobby and B.I, they all retreat to his home. They're resting, it's been tiring. Bobby and B.I are laid out on the floor while Jinhwan sits on the couch, thinking about Sky. He tries to look out the window.

Is she still there?

There has been no contact between the two friends ever since he left. He never tried because it would distract him from work, and she didn't either. Sort of prideful, they both were. A sudden knock on the door makes them alert, taking their minds off their temporary thoughts.

"Jinhwan, can you get that?", his mom calls from the kitchen.

Being the obedient boy he was, his lazy legs carried him to the door. Before he reached the door, his mom holds his arm. He raises his head in curiosity.

"What is it?"

"It has been 4 years. I know what you're thinking. Don't get your hopes up. She had dreams too. She hasn't been home for a while."

He nods, proceeding to the door. He opens the door to see the back of a woman.


"Hey, Mrs. Kim. My mom was wondering if you had any of those her-"

As the woman turns around, she comes face-to-face with Jinhwan. His eyes widen. It's her, Sky.

"Sk-Sky?"

"Jinhwan? Oh my god."

Just then, Mrs. Kim appears at the doorway. A smile appears on her worn face.

"Ah, Sky. You came. I'm sorry, I forgot to get the herbs. Would you like to stay for a while? I mean, Jinhwan's here, and you just came back from America.  It's been a while, honey."

Mrs. Kim shoots a mischevious smile at her son. Jinhwan really wanted her to stay. It's been four years. He's waited long enough.

"How about you two talk, huh?"

His mother retreats back to the kitchen, leaving them like how they were four years ago. Except this time, she had nothing to say. He gingerly reached out for her hand. As he holds her hand, he looks at her. She didn't look back.

"Sky, look, I-"

"No. Whatever you have to say, I don't want to hear it. Whether it's good or bad, I can't bear it."

Her quiet voice cracked at the end. Jerking her hand away from his, she ran. She didn't run home, she went somewhere else.

"Yah! Sky!"

I've lost her already. I've been weak. I can't do it again. Even if I tell myself that I don't think about her, I know I do. I'm done running.

He chases her. She's out of his sight, but he knows exactly where she went. His feet stomp on the grains of sand as he looks for her. A figure is by the shore, she's sitting. He runs over to her, finally giving in. He kneels down. A tear rolls down his cheek.

"Sky... I am so sorry."

She continues to keep an intent gaze on the everlasting waves. Her eyelashes glimmer in the moonlight, due to her glistening tears.

"I've loved you since I met you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you when you told me. I'm sorry that I let you go. I knew that I wouldn't have been able to start a relationship with you because of the contract. I didn't want to break your heart. I just, I wouldn't have been able to leave if I did tell you. If I let myself fall in love, then I would not have been able to pursue my dream. I hate myself because I took your for granted. I know I was selfish, but if you gave me another chance.."

She remained silent for a while, considering his words.

"You broke my heart. I was so devastated. Do you know how I felt?"

It was just a question. There was no specific tone to distinguish her mood. It sounded like a question you would ask in class.

"Well, I can tell you something. I'm afraid. I don't want to get hurt again, and whenever I see your face, it hurts. I never thought I would ever be afraid of you."

"What are you saying?", he asks, shakily.

"I'm saying that I don't have the courage to give you another chance," his mind was racing,"That I wo-"

Before she could finish, he cuts her off with a kiss. It wasn't like their previous kiss four years ago.  No, this one was filled with ardor and desperation. He pushed her onto the sandy ground, pinning her arms. She struggled against his grip to no avail. Her squeals were muffled with every kiss he placed on her lips. Finally, he pulled away, still keeping his grip on her arms. They were both breathing heavily.

"I've waited for four years, just like you. I hate myself because I let you go, so easily. I never got to see you before I left. It killed me everyday knowing that I let you go when you could've been mine. Do you know how I felt?"

"Jinhwa-"

"No. You must have. I have been feeling exactly as you. I am so sorry, but I love you. There is nothing that I can do but love you. I have no other choice but to. Until I get what I want, I'll stay here all night giving you kisses."

There was a hint of playfulness to his threat, and she squirmed under him. Her cheeks suddenly turned pink as she realized the position they were in.

"Nothing? Okay then."

He once again dived down onto her lips. She was even more surprised than the last time. As his lips moved against hers, she slowly started to melt into his embrace. His kisses became more tender, although still passionate. Her stiffness started to wither away as his body molded with hers. Finally, she kissed him back. A smile was on his face as he removed his hands from her arms, immediately letting them fall to her waist. Her arms shot up to wrap around his neck, deepening the kiss. He bit her lip, begging for entrance. Obliging, she allowed him access. As his tongue dived inside her wet cavern, she had flipped over. She was now hovering over him. An apparent smirk etched on his face from amusement. They fought for dominance, and she let him win. He sat up as their heated make out session proceeded. He then sat upright. She was straddling him, and there was no longer space separating them. She parted away for air. Her forehead rested on his as their little pants emitted from them.

"You still didn't answer me. Want me to kiss you again?"

She smiled.

"I wouldn't mind."

Giving her another smooch, he parted.

"No seriously, what's your answer?"

Pursing her lips, she shrugged.

"I mean, you're a trainee for YG. You know the rules. I can't date you."

Another kiss.

"Does it look like I care? He doesn't have to know.", a sly smile paints itself onto his adorable face.

"Are you sure?", she bites her bottom lip.

"With you and that look, I'm freaking positive."

She giggles.

"Fine. I'll give you another chance."

"Awe, no 'I love you'?"

"Nope. No, I love you."

"No, I love you."

She rolls her eyes, and he captures her lips once again. The moonlight captures this loving moment as it's reflection shines on the ocean's waves.

I finally have you. Finally.

 


a/n: Eh, I was bored. Hope you enjoy it, if not, that's too bad lol. BYE LOVELIESSS.