{1/1}

Public Relations(hips)

 

Taekwoon was starting to regret his decision to accompany his friends on a trip to Ulsan before the semester began. He was in the train with Jaehwan leaning harshly into his side, slight drool dripping onto Taekwoon's jacket and Wonsik was busy bobbing his head to music in the seat across from them. The train smelt like armpit on a hot sweaty day and every time it went over a bump, Taekwoon's pelvis had to pay the price.


Although, the sight from the window was beautiful as the mountains they passed smiled at them over the horizon  and the sun peeked its way over the clouds. But, Taekwoon was still unimpressed.


The nasally voice over the intercom indicated that their stopped was going to be reached in ten minutes flat and he took this opportunity to elbow Jaehwan awake and hiss that they were going to get off soon. Exactly after ten minutes, the train slowly pulled into the station and the three boys clambered off, standing on the sides and stretched their stiff muscles from the long ride. 


"What are we gonna do first, guys?" Jaehwan happily beamed as the trio walked out of the station and to the streets. "I want to take a lot of pictures!" He continued, the strap of his camera around his neck with a wide smile.


"Can we eat? I'm starving!" Wonsik complained, rubbing his tummy in a sad but pathetic way to bring attention to its emptiness. Taekwoon rolled his eyes and stalked off towards a mall, casting a small glance to the side to see that the two were excitedly following along.


Once they got some food and satisfied their hungry traveler's stomachs, the three boys went out to tour the streets and do a little shopping. Wonsik bought about a hundred new things and was struggling to carry them, asking for help but obviously not getting any from the distracted Jaehwan who was taking a picture of a street sign because it was 'not the same as in Seoul'. He turned, hopeful, to Taekwoon but got an eye roll instead which indicated no help from him either.


They decided to stop for a rest by the grand fountain in the middle of the huge sidewalk and sat on the edge, peering down into the crystal clear water filled with coins that Taekwoon was tempted to gather and stuff in his pocket. Jaehwan giggled as he clicked and snapped photo after photo of the sprouting water, and nearly fell in if it wasn't for Taekwoon grabbing onto his ankles.


"You know, I think I fell in love with at least fifty people we've seen on the street alone today!" Wonsik announced as he placed his gazillions of bags on the ground and plopped beside Taekwoon. He was about to respond when a splash was heard and the two turned to see Jaehwan blinking in shock as he laid soaked in the fountain; although, his hand was in the air, saving his camera from getting damaged. Taekwoon groaned and lifted his eyes from the scene, unexpectedly finding himself staring into warm chestnut ones from across the fountain.


He burned crimson when the male he'd locked eyes with gave him a small, friendly smile before Taekwoon turned away and stared at his feet. He could feel Wonsik's eyes on him before he heard his voice. "Taek? What happened? Why are you so red, man?"


"I-It's nothing," he hastily replied, clearing his throat. "I'm just embarrassed for Jaehwan." He lied, turning to pretend to look back at his friend but instead glancing at the male who made him so flustered in the first place. He was sitting with his legs crossed on a bench in front of the fountain, writing in a journal of some sort, his hand flying with remarkable speed across the paper.


Takewoon observed his looks and found himself slightly swooning. He had deep red hair that fell over his eyes, causing him to sweep them back every five seconds. Smooth, pretty skin paired with luscious lips and a straight nose made his face along with those almost russet orbs that Taekwoon couldn't forget.


"Wow, talk about swan dive." Wonsik's voice brought him from his staring as a dripping wet Jaehwan sat beside the two and wrung out his jacket. Jaehwan glared at him and gave him the finger, muttering to himself as he continued to— or tried to dry his clothes.


"Hey, Taek." Wonsik nudged Taekwoon, subtly pointing to a pretty girl walking down the street, her long dark tresses swaying behind her with every step. The girl looked their way when she sat down on a bench and immediately blushed upon seeing their stares. "She so beautiful, oh , do I look okay?" Wonsik panicked, smoothening down his messy platinum blond hair and straightening his shirt.


Taekwoon tuned him out and glanced at the impossibly handsome stranger's way again but found him looking up and in their direction. Their eyes met again but before he could lift his hand and wave, Taekwoon turned around again. Wonsik was still worrying about his appearance as they girl's eyes flickered toward him and she smiled.


"Why do you even care what you look like? It's not like you'll ever see her again." Taekwoon mutter in annoyance, crossing his arms.


"True, but I don't know, I want to give her a good impression!" Wonsik answered back, fiddling with his pants now. Taekwoon scoffed, "seriously? You can do anything you want because you'll never...see them...again..." He trailed off, his words having an effect on him more than he wanted. He peeked over at the stranger through the water and an idea came to mind. But, he could never do such a thing! Could he?


It's not like he knows him or that he even lives where he does! Taekwoon bit his lip, his thoughts wandering to daring things he himself would never even think to do. But, then again, who would remember? He stood, gaining his friends' attention and started to walk away.


"Where are you going?" Jaehwan called after him. "Just, uh, follow me!" Taekwoon replied as he rounded the fountain towards the bench where the good-looking redhead sat. Taekwoon stopped in front of him, his heart hammering when the male looked up, surprise written all over his face as he recognized who was staring down at him. As he stood up and was about to say something, Taekwoon grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him foreword, pressing their lips together.


Taekwoon shut his eyes tight as the feeling of softness touched his mouth and he tilted his head slightly, angling the kiss better. An eternity later — or more precisely, a few seconds later, he drew back quickly, still holding the stranger's shirt. The utter shock displayed on his face had Taekwoon turning a deep red colour as they stared at each other before he let go of his shirt and ran away; Jaehwan and Wonsik followed behind as they all disappeared into the crowd. 


"What was that about?!" Wonsik demanded when they stopped to catch their breath in a random park, far from where they were before. "Yeah! Taekwoon, why did you even do that!"


"I-I don't know, it's just that well I don't know him and uh I'll never see him again and um he's really cute and I just...did it?" Taekwoon answered, his lips and rubbed his thighs nervously. His friends gave him a look that made him feel awkward and so he just started walking, ignoring their calls for him to wait up.


The rest of the day was spent visiting historic places and going sightseeing, but although it was enjoyable for Wonsik and Jaehwan, Taekwoon couldn't help but dwell on that kiss. What if he traumatized the poor guy? If he stayed there any longer, would the guy hit him? Did he even...like it? Taekwoon would be lying if he said that the kiss was awful, because it wasn't. It was wonderful and magical and so perfect he wished he hadn't pulled away. He touched his lips as they climbed aboard the train back to Seoul and leaned his head against the window, drifting off to thoughts of the handsome stranger.


-//-


A week later as Taekwoon trudged his way to campus, he groaned, his thoughts being overtaken by that gorgeous redhead. Aren't you supposed to forget about the people you meet for like a minute? Why was he still thinking about this guy? Was it because he felt guilty about the kiss? Nah, that wasn't it.


Taekwoon walked to his class and opened the door, being greeted by energetic conversations all around the room and it made him wish one of his friends where here to keep him company too. He closed the door and kept his gaze lowered to the floor all the way towards a seat into the front and sat down, lifting his eyes to the front and pleaded for the professor show up so class can start. When he finally did, he slammed his briefcase on the desk to hush everyone up while he wrote something on the chalkboard.


'Welcome to Public Relations 101', it said in big block letters and Taekwoon resisted the urge to sigh as the professor told them to turn to page 759 in their textbooks.


Once class was over, three gruelling hours later, everyone jumped out of their seats and fought to get out while Taekwoon took his time to put his things up and avoid the gridlock. Just as he picked up his textbooks, a hand grabbed his arm and spun him around to face the person, but before Taekwoon could see anything, a pair of lips descended down upon his.


His books slipped out of his hands in shock and landed to the floor with a clutter as the kisser tilted his head and took Taekwoon's bottom lip and lightly on it before they pulled away and he got a good look at who it was. The same handsome stranger with the fiery red hair was staring back at him with a playful smile dancing on his lips.


"Just returning the favour." He chuckled in a smooth voice as Taekwoon gaped like a fish out of water. "My name is Hakyeon, by the way." He introduced, sticking out his hand for a shake. Taekwoon finally unfroze and hesitantly took the outstretched hand, shaking it lightly.


"I-I'm Taekwoon," he replied, flushing bright red from his ears to his neck as Hakyeon smiled brightly at him.

 

 

 

 


[A/N] Well, that's it lol xD I'll let your imaginations run and come up with what happens to them now. Btw, is it Wonsik or Wonshik??? I always get confused...

Anywhore, hope you liked it!

Bye, Lovelies~ 

 

소니아 (\_/)