prologue

The Flower That Brings Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She's not cold hearted, she's just tired of getting ed over."

September 26, 2014

Emergency sirens blazed loudly, filling the air with shrill buzz. The cold winter wind blew harshly at all the people who were hustling around during night in Goyang city. Many people - medics, reporters, fans, and just curious people - were all flocked around MBC's Dream Center where the popular show Music Core was filmed - and where a huge commotion was currently happening.

Kim Taeyeon stood silently in the middle of the commotion, thinking back to the day she had first met Byun Baekhyun.

October 23, 2011

She had come to the SM entertainment building one late night, at a time when even the saesang fans would be asleep. Not to practice, but simply to relax for once. Unlike what the public thought, vocals of idol groups like her no longer had a need to practice to get perfect vocals for music shows and performances, with lipsyncing perfected. The shows all said no lipsync was allowed, no editing, no cutting, but who would ever know with more realistic acting?

She entered the SM building, smiling and bowing half-heartedly at those she passed and thanking them whenever she received compliments on their new hit song, which was playing softly through the building's intercom.

"We bring the boys out, huh?" Taeyeon sighed to herself. "I wonder why I don't see any. Well, good ones at least." She walked through a fancy narrow hallway filled with dressing rooms, singing to herself in the empty place.

"Hey, watch where you're- Oh, it's Taeyeon." Taeyeon turned the corner to her destination, the area for the artist private lounges, crashing into Super Junior's Eunhyuk. He seemed to have been walking towards where she had just came from, with Heechul and Siwon of the same group. "Hey, congrats on the all-kill and the music show wins. Those Infinite bastards were getting annoying, thinking they're all that after two wins."

Taeyeon shook her head, throwing a 'tsk,tsk' his way. "I'm not even going to try and say anything about that, because you're probably not going to bother anyway. Just don't let that slip at whatever club you're going to; we've had enough scandals this year."

Heechul grinned at her words. "Are we that obvious about going to a club? Or are you just a psychic, Tae?"

Taeyeon let out a short laugh and then gave them a knowing look. "Why would guys like you be so cheerful for anything else except getting laid? If your fans found out, they'd be heart broken. Especially you, Mr. Perfect." She gave Siwon a knowing smirk.

Siwon sighed when he realized she was adressing him. " that. Why'd I have to get that image anyway? It's not exactly pleasant being nice to all those fakes, if SM hasn't noticed yet. I'm nice, but not that nice."

"My point exactly." Taeyeon knew what they felt fully as a fellow idol, and she knew if she wasn't the type of person she was - she'd be doing the same things. Partying. Drinking. Clubbing. "Catch you around, then. Have fun, but no scandals, please."

"Okaaaay, umma." Eunhyuk answered playfully, and waved as they parted ways. His words made Taeyeon smile a bit, knowing what he meant. Taeyeon had always acted as SM's "mom" by taking care of everyone and anyone, making sure scandals didn't happen. Over the course of years, she'd become close to most people at SM, which is why she didn't want to leave the company even with all the deception and hate in the entertainment business - but she honestly couldn't stand much longer of what she'd been trying to ignore for so long.

She reached her destination and entered, expecting emptiness to greet her. Surprisingly, Sooyoung and Jessica were standing in the middle of the lounge, decked in professional wear and speaking to each other in broken Japanese. A quick glance around SNSD's private room, which looked like a posh hotel room minus the beds and had a fantastic view of Seoul through a large window-door, revealed a mess that hadn't been there earlier in the day.

"Taeyeon! Help me with this, will you?" Jessica said happily as she noticed Taeyeon entering the room, and looked at Sooyoung exasp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter