001. Friends and Fate.

Rise and smile

AN=Sorry it took me so long to update this. I has been exactly a month since Ri-Se left this world. I don't think this will just be a one-shot anymore. Tell me what you think after reading!

Korean dictionary: I'm having this although you probably know what they are - more organized I guess?
Oppa and Unnie - A term for girls to call older brother and older sister
Hyung and Noona- A term for guys to call older brother and older sister
Dongsaeng- Juniors
Maknae-Youngest in the group


He was a song writer, a composer and rapper.

She was a model, a singer and a dancer.

They never really knew each other because both were at the opposite ends of the talent range but they came to this arts school with the same dream.

Ri-Se walked down the hallway as she was talking on the phone. She wasn't strutting like the other usual model students nor was she walking gracefully and elegantly like a dancer. She was just walking naturally.

As she whizzed past quietly, everyone turn their heads to her. She wasn't called Miss Korea of Japan for nothing.

Suga was standing by his locker, taking out pieces of paper while putting books in. "Do I need this?" He said to himself and stared at it before putting it into the folder of written sheets he was holding.

After arranging his books (Suga had to arrange his books in the locker because the number of stuff he had took out was many times lesser than what he had put in), he snap it shut and spun the locker code.

As he turned to walk in the opposite direction, he bumped into a young lady.

Suga had forgotten to close his folder of written sheets. When they bumped into each other, his folder released all the papers that were in it.

The lady, Ri-Se, had a smile but panic was soon written all over her face. "I'm so so so sorry!" She said as she dropped her stuff at the side and helped him pick up the papers strewn messily on the floor.

"It's alright." Suga had almost cursed out loud but being a prefect had some limitations.

She handed Suga the papers. When all the papers were almost all picked up, Suga turned to Ri-Se, only to see her holding a piece of paper.

"Woah! This is really good!" Her smile was wide as she read the lyrics. She turned and look at Suga. "I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to see this." She apologised as she saw Suga's emotionless face.

"Ahh no, thanks anyway." He thanked and was about to walk away but was stopped by Ri-Se. "I'm Kwon Ri-Sae, with Ladies' Code. You?" She said as her hand was on his arm.

Suga turned back and said. "I'm Min Yoongi, Suga. With BTS." He said. She extended her hand out. "It's nice to know you." She said with an even bigger smile. Suga  shook her hand. 'This girl's a little weird.'

"See you around! I'm really sorry for knocking into you!" She said and walked to the direction she came from. Suga walked the other direction, not wanting the atmosphere to be awkward.

After 5 steps, he realized he was walking in the wrong direction as he turned he saw her walking towards him.

"I guess the only way we bumped into each other was this way." Suga said and Ri-Se nodded. They both walked away.

Suga joined the table where the other BTS members were.

"Hyung! Where have you been? We've been waiting for you so we could eat" Jungkook cried as he clutched his growling stomach. After all, he was the kid of the group and he was in the teenage growing stage where he eats and eats and eats.

"Oh, I bumped into a Ladies' Code member that sent my song sheets flying around." Suga said as Jungkook recieved the 'Okay-to-eat' sign from Rap Monster and dived into his food.

"They are damn talented." Jin said as he started picking up his utensils. V nodded. "They're trained to be multi-talented."

"Like us!" Jungkook said as he swallowed his food. "Jin hyung can dance but he can't dance legit-ly" Jungkook said. They all laughed. Jin sighed.

"Eat your food." Jin said. "Eat well Maknae."

"Yes Hyung!" Jungkook smiled like a kid.


"Unnie! Why are you late?" Zuny said as Ri-Se hurriedly joined them. "I accidently bumped into a guy from BTS-"

"BTS?!" Zuny, EunB and Sojung said, their eyes twinkled. "Yes, but definitely not your guys." Ri-Se laughed. Their faces fell slightly.

"But he's a really promising and talented songwriter!" Ri-Se said. "I saw one of his works boy, it was good! To add, he has really skinny legs!" Ri-Se said. "Just like Sojung's or even skinnier!" Ri-Se said and smiled

"That's really skinny" Ashley laughed. Once they were done with their food, they went for a walk before heading to the dance studio to practice their dance.

"The school will be having a concert and we are required to perform three songs." Ashley said as she read the email from her phone.

"Let's do Bad Girl!" EunB said and smiled. "Pretty Pretty!" Sojung said. "Kiss Kiss!" Ri-Se said.

"It's set then!" Ashley said as she keyed in the songs they will be performing to the office. "And let's start practicing!" She said.

"We shall sing out loud to check our voals while dancing!" Sojung said and everyone agreed.

"We will start with Bad girl." Ashley said. "And let's do our warm ups."

The others listened and followed and started stretching.


Nappeun yeojaya
Geurae baro naega geureon yeojaya
Sarang ttaemune sokgo
Apahamyeo ulgo
Hal jul moreuneun geureon saram

Nappeun yeojaran
Baro nareul bogo haneun mariya
Bad girl bad girl bad bad girl
Ijen na jom naebeoryeodwo

"Ooh what's that song? Her voice sounds good." Rap Monster said as BTS walked passed a room.

"Yeah...who are they?" J-Hope said and they started walking to the door to peek.

"It's my noona's group!" Jungkook cried. Zuny and Jungkook were close cousins. "Ladies' Code!"

"Ladies' Code?" Suga said and looked at the maknae. Jungkook nodded. Now all of BTS looked at their maknae.

"Alright..." Jungkook said and smiled, knowing what his hyungs wanted him to do. Jungkook opened the door and stuck his head inside.

Even though BTS and Ladies' Code started making their own songs in the same year, they weren't that close. They are close but not that close.

"Jungkookie ah!" Zuny paused and looked at her cousin. "Noona!" Jungkook smiled.

Ladies' Code paused their dance. "Ask your whole group in." Zuny said and ushered the rest of BTS in.

"Zuny ah..you and..?" Ri-Se said as Zuny placed her arm around her cousin. "Yeah we are cousins." Zuny said and smiled.

"Talented kids." Jin said and laughed. "We heard you singing and dancing from outside. It was good. " Rap monster said.

"Ahh..thank you." Ashely answered. "Are you performing for the concert?" Ashley continued.

"Yeah but we haven't chosen our songs." Suga said.

"No more dream!" Zuny cheered.

"N.O is nice." EunB said and did the 'we roll' dance.

"Danger!" Sojung said. "You guys sound like fans." Ri-Se joked and she felt Sojung's and EunB's intense stare and she pretended she didn't see anything.

"It looks like our songs choosen already!" J-Hope said. "What songs are your doing?"

"Bad girl, Pretty pretty and Kiss Kiss." Ashely said. "It's just like ours! We chose our debut song, our first comeback and third comeback song!" Jungkook said and high fived Zuny.

"We shall not disturb your practice. Bye!" Rap monster said and the other Bangtan boys waved and exited the studio.

5 seconds after they left, Zuny, EunB and Sojung sighed. "I wish that they had stayed longer!"

"Me too." EunB said. Ashley kept quiet and stared at her phone, looking at another email she had been sent. She loked at her members but she didn't  said what the email was.

Ri-Se kept quiet too. The whole time she was staring at the boy she had bumped into earlier that day.

Meanwhile there were similar things going on outside. "Hyung! We could have stayed longer!" Jimin said and pouted.

"I know right. It's a girl group. A girl group!" J-Hope said before doing his 'Push Push' dance. "Yah, we have stuff to do too!" Rap monster said, trying to defend himself.

"Then what do we have to do?" V said.

"Erm..Jungkook and Jimin needs to go for dance class, I heard that they are going to learn a different genre." Rap monster started.

Jungkook jumped with joy, the golden maknae loves dancing. Jimin fist pumped.

"Suga, J-Hope and I need to continue composing and writing lyrics." Rap monster continued.

"Jin and V need to go for their further vocal training." Rap Monster said finally.

The members sighed and headed for their respective courses. Rap Monster's phone beeped and he saw the email he was sent.

He remained silent. "What's wrong?" Suga said. "Ahh it's nothing important for now." Rap monster said and they headed for the composing room.

"I hope there's no one there. I can't think where there are other groups there. Especially our rival groups." J-Hope said.

"More like you can't tolerate our rival groups flirting with your bias girl group." Suga corrected J-Hope.

J-Hope opened his mouth but nothing came out to defend Suga's correction. "You win Hyung." J-Hope said. Rap monster and Suga laughed.  


[A few days later]

Ri-Se walked out of the studio. She was pissed off by the teacher who kept correcting her dance steps. The teacher was biased against her.

Ri-Se wasn't just a dancer. She was the lead dancer of Ladies' Code. She would have known whether she was wrong.

"She must be on her period. Even more angsty towards me nicer to our maknae." Ri-Se muttered, in Japanese, under her breath. She wasn't jealous of Zuny but she just didn't like that teacher.

Ri-Se looked at her phone. "Oh!" she said and detoured towards the other direction, a slight smile on her face.

"It's time to go for recess!." She muttered in Japanese, forgetting to switch to Korean.

She walked and stopped when she heard some music. It was from the composing room. "I thought you can't hear anything since the whole room is sound proof.."

Ri-Se looked at the door and it was slightly opened. "That explains.." Ri-Se said.

As she was about to leave, she heard the melody being played. "Woah this sounds good...who is the composer?"

Ri-Se stepped to the door quietly and peeked in. She ducked her head the moment she saw who it was.

'Suga Min Yoongi?!' Ri-Se thought in her head. 'He's also a composer? What kind of kid is he?!"

"This doesn't seem right...something feels missing..." Suga said as he stopped the music. He looked at the list of elements available to piece this song.

He stood up and drank his water. He saved the file in his account and locked his account so no one can access it. He took his bag and walked briskly to the door.

Ri-Se was under the door's window. She stood up and was about to walk when she was pushed by the recording studio door.

"Woah!" Ri-Se said and stumbled forawrd. Suga who pushed opwn the door lunged forward to grab Ri-Se.

"I'm really sorry!! I didn't see you." Suga said as he pulled Ri-Se up. "Ahh it's not your fault...the door swings forward.." Ri-Se said as she recovered from the shock push.

"Now that you've pointed out that the door swings ouwards, I think I might have knocked other people before.." Suga said and rubbed his neck. "You frequent this place often?" Ri-Se asked and Suga nodded with a smile.

Ri-Se had to admit he was cute. "but, why are you here?" Suga asked. "I like to use this path because it's less crowded and it is actually a shorter distance to the cafeteria." Ri-Se reasoned.

"That's cool." Suga said as he was about to walk off. "Yoongi-ssi, that songs sounds good. I didn't know you could compose too!" Ri-Se said as Suga stopped walking.

He stopped walking for two reasons. Firstly, Ri-Se called him by his real name. Secondly, she's the first person to compliment him about his composing.

He turned to her. "Thanks noona, just call me informally." Suga said and walked off, smiling.

"Did that boy just call me noona?" Ri-Se said in Japanese, shocked. Sadly Suga at Japanese.

"Noona, be thankful I at Japanese." He commented to her as she stood there.

Ri-Se couldn't help but laugh at the boy. It's probably the first time a younger guy told her to drop the fomalities.

'There's definitely something different about him and other guys.' Ri-Se thought as she walked to the cafeteria.

'There's something different about her and other girls.' Suga said as he headed to his locker.

Both figures walked the opposite direction with smiles, unknown this was only the beginning.


Ashley walked quietly alog the corridor before turning into a classroom. As expected, he was there.

"Hi Namjoon-ssi." Ashley said and Rap Monster offered her a seat beside him.

"So you was saying in the email, you wouldn't mind doing the collaboration with us?" Rap monster said.

"Yeah. Well, I'm going to be very honest here...don't tell anyone this but, more than half of my group likes BTS." Ashley said in english. Rap monster laughed.

"I'll be completely honest here too. My members like your group too like not just as a fan but..something more.." Rap monster said in english.

"I was thinking off doing a couple dance although 2 members won't have a partner though.." Ashley said.

"That's no problem because V and Jungkookie will be MC-ing and besides, Zuny's cousin in Jungkook and Ri-Se's cousin is V. So dancing couple dance will be awkward with family members." Rap Monster continued.

"Wait what" Ashley said in disbelief. "My mind was blown when V told me Ri-Se was his cousin. That explains why V is good with Japanese." Rap monster said, as if reading her mind.

Ashely nodded her head. "Why not we pair them up first?" Ashley said.

"Sure. The first is J-Hope and Sojung!" Rap monster said excitedly. "Woah! I was thinking of that too!" Ashely exclaimed and took the pairing down om her tablet.

"Then..it's the 92 liners, Jin and EunB!" Ashley said and Rap Monster stick his thumb out. "Zuny and Jimin!" Rap Monster continued.

Then both paused and looked at each other. "Who's the bad one at dancing between you and Suga?" Ashley started slowly.

"Me..I'm the black hole" Rap monster said and Ashley laughed. "I think Ri-Se and Suga will be better since they had personal interaction with each other. So that leaves the both of us as a pair." Ashley finished and Rap monster lifted his hand. Ashley lifted hers and they exchanged high fives.

"Trouble maker? Nasty Nasty? Or?" Ashley asked. "Maybe we can do a cover and mashup of an english song and we can remix it and choreograph our own steps. Jungkook and V can help us too!" Rap monster said.

"That's a great idea! It can also bond the two groups together!" Ashley said triumphantly. Rap monster nodded. "They'll thank us for being the best leaders ever." Rap monster continued.


"Where's our leader?" EunB said as Ri-Se joined the other three at the cafeteria. "I don't know.." Ri-Se shrugged. Sojung just stared at Ri-Se.

"Unnie, is there something going on? You seem happy and at the same time confused." Sojung commented. "Ahh, you could tell?" Ri-Se said and touched her face.

"Unnie what is it? Tell us!! Tell us!" EunB said excitedly. "Suga and I bumped into each other again. He called me noona and told him to call him informally. He's so cute." Ri-se laughed and shook her head.

The other three members looked at ech other before looking at their unnie. "Ri-Se is in love! Ashley is bound to like one of them too!" Sojung said. "It's a Ladies' Code thing!" Zuny said."

"It's the second time you bumped into him!" Sojung said, "Another time would be..."

"Don't spout nonsensical stuff!" Ri-Se said wag her finger. "You'll agree with us when you do. Just like how I said I wouldn't like Jin because we are professionals. See what happened." EunB said.

Just then Ri-Se's phone beeped. "Oh it's from Leader-nim." Ri-Se said and answered the phone. "Come to the dance studio now? The whole group?"

"Yes Namjoon!" Suga said as Rap Monster told his whole group to come to the dance studio. "I wonder what it is about." Taehyung said. "Rap monster and dance studio isn't the best combination ever." J-Hope said and they laughed.

"Let's go!" Jin said and they headed to the dance studio. When they reached the dance studio, Ladies' Code was also outside the dance studio.

"Oh Hello." Ri-Se said and bowed to BTS the members behind her bowed and not to mention, blushed slightly.

BTS did likewise. "Our leader called us to the dance studio." Suga said. "Oh? Our leader too." Just then Jungkook stepped out. "Wait a minute. Leaders? This is something fishy." Jungkook said. Ladies' Code and BTS looked at Jungkook who tip toed to the window panel of the door.

"Guess what? Both groups' leaders are sitting inside!"  Jungkook announced his research. Ladies' Code and BTS headed to the door they were closest to and entered the studio.

Right smack in the centre was the two leaders. "Unnie, what's going on?!" Sojung said.

"Hyung, what's going on?!" J-Hope said.

"Look at that synchronization. I told you they could work perfectly well." Rap monster commented. J-Hope looked away and took a deep breath while. Sojung fan herself, trying to dispell the blush that she knew was going to form.

"Hyung, what's going on?" Suga repeated Sojung's and J-Hope's statement.

"WE ARE DOING A COLLABORATION!" Ashley and Rap Monster said together. "I told you Ri-Se unnie! Look at them!" Zuny said.

Ashley and Rap Monster looked at each other and shrugged. "The collaboration is 5 minutes long. This is the school's biggest concert ever because it's their 50th anniversary. The concert will start in the morning all the way until night. Of course there will be breaks in between." Rap Monster gave a brief explanation

Ashely stood up and dragged a whiteboard that contained many writings.

"We'll start with the pairings. Sojung and J-Hope, Jin and EunB, Zuny and Jimin, Ri-Se and Suga, Rap Mon and I. V and Jungkook will be MCs so they won't be performing this stage with us but they would help us with the choreography and arrangement."

Those who had a partner was confused.

"So we will be doing a special collab stage and we decided we will do pairwork! But we are not going to do songs like Trouble Maker or Nasty Nasty."

Upon hearing this, the Ladies' Code and BTS heaved a sigh. "But! We are going to choreograph a dance that represents both groups. BTS is powerful, y and deep, while Ladies Code is y, classy and funky." Rap Monster.

"Oh my gosh!" Ri-Se exclaimed and face-plamed herself. This can't be happening.

Suga looked at Ri-Se. Even though they have become friendly, this is going to be so awkward. Suga sighed.


The leaders pulled Jungkook and V out, leaving the others in the studio. "This can't be happening." Sojung said as she walked around the dance studio. 

"We should stand up and embrace i,t I guess. Besides, we are friends right? It shouldn't be that awkward." Jin said.

Ri-Se pondered quietly. "Ahh, I got it! We can make it a competition. We'll compete with our partners so that we will do well." Ri-se said.

"Noona/Unnie, you are the lead dancer of Ladies' Code you can't expect us to be on the same level!" Ladies' Code and BTS said. "Well maybe we can at least try!" Ri-Se said and smiled, "Besides I think the pairings aren't that bad. Guys, admit it." Ri-Se continued and winked at her fellow members.

'I've never seen such optimism from a person before. She's something..' Suga thought as he saw the noona there convincing the dongsaengs. 'She should be the one complaining since she and I don't know each other well and the pairings all like each other with the exception of Ri-Se and I and maybe Ashley and Rap Mon.' Suga thought.

Ashley and Rap Mon came back with the the two maknaes of BTS. "Jungkook and some others will be choreographing the mass part where all our actions are the same. Your partner works have to be choreographed among your pairs." Rap monster said and concluded. "Jungkook, you can start now!"

"Yes Hyung!" Jungkook said and jumped up and started teaching the choreograph he had thought of.

After 2 hours, the Ladies' Code and BTS members were laughing away. "Jin, please stop." EunB was on the floor rolling in laughter at Jin. "Yah! I'm trying hard okay!" Jin said as he tried to get his partner up.

Sojung and J-Hope, who were practicing the couple part they came up, laughed each time they had eye contact.

Zuny and Jimin were goofing around the whole time as they tried to think of steps for their couple part.

The only normal ones were Ri-Se, Suga, Rap Monster,  Ashley and the two BTS maknaes. Hold on, V is also weird.

"You can dance too.." Ri-Se said. "Well, it is sort of a must in BTS. Even Jin and Rap Mon had to learn. So we all had some dance background before debut." Suga explained as they went through the part they came up. for their pairwork.

"I think we can sort of get ideas from my dance part in Bad Girl." Ri-Se said. Suga took out his tablet and went on youtube and searched for some videos.  After some videos, Ri-Se said, "oh this looks good. The guy has actions too."

"We can tweak it a little to make it more unique." Suga said and Ri-Se agreed. Ashley, Rap Monster. Jungkook and V were observing All the couples. "Your noona and Suga hyung seems the best." Jungkook told V. V nodded.

After another 2 hours was over, they ended their practice and went for dinner.

"I'm so famished" V said as they headed out of the dance studio. "Let's go for dinner together!"

When they arrived at the eatery, there were not enough spaces for all 12 to eat together. "Erm we will do this. Jungkook, V, Ri-Se and Suga one table, Rap Monster, Zuny and Jimin and I one table the rest at the other table. Sitting with your pairs is good because you will get closer to them which is good when people are working with each other." Ashley said.

At Ri-Se's table, the two maknaes were quiet, forcing Ri-Se and Suga to talk. "We haven't formally introduced ourselves..." Suga said to Ri-Se. "Ah yes, I'm Ri-Se, Born in Japan as a fourth generation Korean-Japanese." Ri-Se started.

"I'm Min Yoongi, known as Suga here in this school and I'm born in Korea." Suga started. "I 've heared that you are Miss Korea of Japan." Suga said. "Ahh, don't call me that! I don't like it when people call me that too often." Ri-Se said.

"I heard that you are the best student when it comes to composing." Ri- Se said. "No I'm not! There's many others who are better than me."

The talk soon became animated and Jungkook and V cheered silently, careful not to interrupt the two of them.

"I think they'll end up together earlier than the other 3 or 4 couples in Ladies' Code and BTS." Jungkook texted V. V nodded.

"Which couple do you think up together first?" Ri-Se and Suga continued talking and looked at the other tables where the other couples were. Jungkook and V were speechless. They were so into talking that they didn't see the maknaes' reaction.

The maknaes exchanged high fives to each other and they didn't notice.

The maknaes exchanged high fives to each other again and they didn't notice again.

'noona and hyung's plan is working out so well.' Jungkook thought.

The prolouge had only ended. 


"Noona, do you want to meet to practice?" Suga asked.

"Oh I don't mind, besides I'm free." Ri-Se said. "At the school dance studio?"

"Sounds fine with me." Suga said. They said their goodbyes and hang up the phone. 

"Taehyung, I'm going to school for awhile. See you later!" Ri-Se said goodbye to V, her cousin who lives with her.  "Noona, why are you going to school?" V asked.

"Suga called me he say's he want to practice the dance with me." Ri-Se said as she wear her shoes. V nodded.

She took the bus quickly and reached school.

"Did you wait long?" Ri-Se said when she entered the dance studio. "Not really. I was at school the whole time. Composing." Suga said as Ri-Se had a quizzical look on her face. 

"Let's start!" Ri-Se said and started warming up. Suga did the same. After warming they started dancing their couple part and the part where all 10 of Ladies' Code and BTS(except Jungkook and V) dance together.

"What do you think?" Suga asked after the dance. "To be honest, we got the steps but...it's lacking the feel, like we aren't expressing it good enough." Ri-Se said. "I think we are missing an element to make this work...In dancing, there's a few components that make up the dance - Choreography, Music, Synchronization, with music and partner or ensemble, and most important, the way the dancer expresses it."

"That's it!" Suga said and grabbed Ri-Se's hand and ran out of the dance studio. "Woah, Yoongi, what's wrong?" Ri-Se said as she tried to keep up with his running speed.

The school corridor was empty because it was the school holidays and only a small amount of students come back to school, for training and more. When they stopped running, Ri-se looked up. It was the composing studio. 

Just then Suga pulled Ri-Se into the room and clicked the file he had been working on since he met Ri-Se which was 3 months ago. After a few clicks, he played the instrumental.

"Woah, it sounds even better! I think all it needs is the vocals." Ri-Se said and looked at Suga. Suga smiled and stood up form the chair. "Thanks noona."

He zoomed foreword and pecked her forehead. Ri-Se was caught off guard for a second but she laughed it off, smiling her signature, wide smile "Yah, I think my forehead is sweaty and oily."

V crouched down and covered his mouth. He crawled away before standing up and breaking into a run. he whipped out his phone and texted Jungkook, Rap Monster and Ashley on his findings. "I'm going crazy." V muttered as he keyed in the message.

Once Suga saved the music piece, he locked the room and headed back to the dance studio with Ri-se. "Thanks Noona. I couldn't have done it without you."

"Don't say that Yoongi, Like I've said before, it was one of the best music instrumental I've heard. No joke!" Ri-Se. "Now that music piece is settled, let's go and nail the dance." Yoongi said and extended his hand.

Ri-Se looked at it, wondering which to follow: Her heart or her mind. Submitting to fate, she placed her hand into his and they ran back to the dance studio.

'Why are you shaking my heart? You are my noona, my good friend..not a..' Suga thought as they ran back to the dance studio.

'What is this feeling I'm getting. It's not possible. NOT POSSIBLE.' Ri-Se thought as they ran back to the dance studio.


So I hope this wasn't an eyesore or difficult to read! This will be a three-shot(most probably) and since my exams are over, I have time to update. Comment what you think and I guess I will see you in the next chapter. I hope the pairings are fine though..