--

Fluffy Zico Oneshot

 

The air was a lot cleaner at night. Zico breathed in the cold midnight air and exhaled slowly. It had been a while since went out at this time by himself. Deciding to give himself the night off, he ended up wandering to the park, his sweatshirt hood pulled over his head and his hands in his jeans pockets. That was about as inconspicuous as he could get. He looked up at the sky, stars speckling the dark blue backdrop. The only thing that tore his attention from the sky was a little nudge. He whipped his head around and spied a girl. She looked terrified and immediately bowed apologetically.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry.” She said quickly and continued on her way, trying to get her bearings. Zico narrowed his eyes and followed her for a bit. It didn’t take long for the girl to notice and stop in her tracks. Zico stopped, too. Going against every warning that was screaming in his head, he cleared his throat.

“Um. Do you need help?” he approached her and tapped her on the shoulder. She flinched and whipped around, finally getting a good look at Zico. She had to look up at him because he was quite a bit taller than her. She brushed her blunt bangs out of her eyes and relaxed a bit. At least he wasn’t some old, creepy looking man.

“I was looking for X restaurant. I’m not sure which way that is.” She fidgeted with the strap of her purse and kicked at the ground. Zico grinned and put an arm around her shoulder.

“Well, you’re going the wrong way, first of all.”

When the two started in the right direction, the girl smiled and tried to get a better look at his face. His expression was laid back. Zico glanced down and met her gaze. He held it until she looked away, pink creeping up on her cheeks.

“You look familiar, but I can’t tell. It’s kind of dark.” She sighed. “Too bad.” Zico raised a brow at her and chuckled.

“Who do you think I look like, hm?” he prodded. He was thoroughly enjoying being anonymous. It was a feeling similar to being on a stage, but he only had one pair of eyes on him. They were dark and framed by long lashes.

“Um. No, never mind.” She laughed to herself, strolling along in the quiet.

“Why are you so quiet? There is no one here except you and me. You can be as loud as you wanna be!” Zico started jumping around her. She watched him being silly and giggled.

“Why are you being so strange?” The girl flipped her hair over her shoulders. “You’re practically five years old.”

“Maybe I am five years old!” Zico laughed cheekily as they made their way out of the park and onto the sidewalk. He pulled his hood further up, the light threatening to expose his identity. “So why do you want to go to X restaurant anyway?” he asked, sobering up.

“Oh, someone I know frequents the restaurant. I thought I could catch him.” The girl sighed and looked up at the sky dreamily. “I hope I do get to see him. It would make my trip a lot better. I’m leaving tomorrow and I did want to meet him at least once.” She confessed with a sigh. Zico nodded. He and the rest of Block B did frequent the place she was looking for. He grew even more curious, but bit his tongue. Any more questions and he might give himself away. The boy brushed his fringe out of his eye and gave a smirk.

“I see. That sounds interesting. Well, it’s down that way and you will see the sign.” He pointed to the lighted sign a few feet away. Zico waited for the girl to move towards the restaurant, but she didn’t budge. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Oh, I don’t want to go in alone.” She said nervously. “I’m scared.”

“What is there to be scared about? If you meet him, you’ll meet him. If not, then you’ll have to come back again, right?” he bent over and his face was inches from hers. She nodded slightly and bit her lip before tackling him with a hug.

“Don’t leave me, please.” She pleaded with him, her face buried in his shoulder. “Please!” Zico stiffened a little, but couldn’t help but laugh. The poor girl seemed terrified.

“Just do me a favor. You have to promise, ok?” he took his hood off and ran his hands through his hair, trying to make it look decent. It was fruitless; his hair was going to stay flat. “You have to keep your eyes closed until we get to the restaurant.” The girl released Zico and nodded, her eyes already squeezed shut.

“Do you know something I don’t?” she asked cautiously. He grabbed her hands and gave them a little tug to signal her to start walking. She walked forward cautiously. He gritted his teeth to try and control his voice. He wanted to laugh really badly. Her hands were small and felt like ice cubes. His hands were quite warm so he rubbed his thumbs over the back of her hands to try and thaw their frozen state.

“You’ll have to wait until we get there.” No matter how much he tried to hide it, there was a smile in his voice. Zico lead her inside the restaurant. It was a quiet night. There weren’t a lot of people there, but he was easily recognized. He had to hold a finger to his lips to quiet everyone down.

“Are we inside?” she asked, reacting to the sudden brightness that she had just walked into. “Can I open my eyes yet?”Zico took a deep breath, suddenly feeling a pang of nervousness in his stomach. It was similar to the feeling before stepping onto a stage, but it was slightly different.

“Go ahead.” His voice nearly cracked. It wasn’t like him to be this way. When she finally opened her eyes and adjusted to the light, she gasped and her hands flew to . She nearly fell to her knees, but Zico was fast enough to catch her.

“It was you this whole time?” she sniffled and clung to his arms. “I thought it was you! I really did!” she was in shock.

“See, you did get to meet the person you wanted to meet here.” He sat her down on a chair and beamed at her. His night off was quite exciting indeed.