final

Hold my Hand

Title: Hold My Hand

Characters: EunB, RiSe, the rest of Ladies Code

Word Length: 2, 596

Genre: Angst

 

 

RiSe's

 

"EunB, you have to wake up. We'll be late if you don't wake up right now." I said while shaking my bestfriend and roommate. She stretched her arms widely and rubbed her eyes.

"Unnie, it's still early." she pouted. I ruffled her hair.

"Come on. Go take a shower or else manager oppa will be mad at you." I joked and she quickly ran towards the comfort room. If there’s one thing that EunB fears of, it’s being scolded.

I shook my head when I noticed her messy bed. I folded her blanket and arranged her pillows neatly. I took some clothes from her cabinet and laid it on her bed.

"EunB, I'll be heading outside. I have prepared your clothes already!" I shouted. She responded with an audible okay and I left. I went inside the kitchen to cook for her, then I found Zuny, Ashley and Sojung playing with their phones.

"What are you doing?" I asked while preparing the table. They looked at me and smiled.

"Nothing. We're playing piano tiles." Zuny answered.

 Ashley poked her forehead playfully, earning a glare from the other. I shook my head and washed my hands.

"Good morning!" EunB said excitedly.

"Good morning!" the three of them replied. EunB went towards her seat and ate the food in no time.

"Wow! RiSe unnie really cooks well!" she said while rubbing her tummy. I went towards her and ruffled her pony-tailed hair.

"Aish. Don't mess with my hair, unnie." She whined. I laughed and took my comb from inside my bag.

"EunB! Come here!" I shouted.

"Sit here. Ppali." I told her while pointing on the floor.

"Huh? Why?"

"Just sit here."

She immediately sat on the floor and I started untying her hair. She was about to nag at me again when she sensed what I was trying to do.  I braided her hair just like I want it to. I took a pink ribbon beside me and tied it at the edge of her hair.

"There! It’s pretty." I sincerely said, earning her most beautiful eye-smile. She hugged me tight.

"Thank you unnie! You're the best!" she said and skipped her way towards the kitchen.

"Yah. Look at my hair! RiSe unnie did this!” She said proudly. The three of them stopped quarrelling and looked at me.

"Unnie..."  they said in unison and showed me their puppy eyes.

"Okay fine." I was forced to say that, okay. I was about to follow them when EunB called out for me.

"Unnie,don’t braid their hairs. The one with braids should only be me." She said sadly and showed me her aegyo.

"Arasseo." I replied and continued my way towards the sala.

 

TOK TOK

 

"Are you ready to go?" our manager asked. I nodded and smiled at him.

"Guys, it’s time to go!" I shouted. We took our bags and some stuffs inside our room and hurriedly went to follow our manager towards the parking lot.

"Oppa,is our schedule hectic today?" Zuny asked while playing with her iPad.

"Not really but you have your last shooting today at Busan. This is the last episode of your drama and we will have dinner tonight.” Our manager replied while nodding his head in assurance. I sighed and fixed my gaze on the window, only to find EunB leaning on my shoulder, sleeping.

“Aish. Why do you sleep so well?” I whispered while caressing her hair.

We have to travel 5 hours towards Busan, the place where we’ll shoot the last episode of our mini drama entitled Travelling with LC. This started about 3 months ago and the last episode will be aired next week.

"RiSe, tell EunB to wake up. We’re about to arrive at the venue.” The manager told me. I nodded and poked EunB’s cheeks.

"Hmm..." she winced at the sudden contact and buried her face more on the crook of my neck. I sighed.

"EunB, we're here." I whispered. She rubbed her eyes.

"5 more minutes please." she whispered back. I shook my head and smiled slightly.

"What will you do without me really?" I asked in disbelief but chuckled otherwise. I moved and she pouted.

"Unnieee." She whined.

"Be responsible, EunB… Don’t pass me the job of waking you up. What if I’m not here when you’re still sleeping? You’d be left out." I teased. She just smiled and nodded. When we arrived at the venue, we stepped down the van and went towards the tent they prepared. The staffs hurriedly prepared our costumes and make-ups.

"Unnie, I'm hungry. Can I eat that?" Sojung said while pointing to a pack of chips. I raised my brow.

"You want to eat that?" I asked and she nodded.

"No, you can't, Sojung. It's bad. Eat this instead." I continued and handed her an apple I took from the fridge.

 "Thanks!" she said cheerfully and bit the apple. I shook my head. She really is hungry, I thought.

"Are you ready for today's last episode, ladies?" our director asked and gave us a big smile.

"Definitely!" we replied in chorus causing the staffs to laugh at our reaction.

"Okay. We’ll start at about 2 minutes. Any words of encouragement before we start?" we stared at each other, then our gaze fixed on to EunB who is grinning widely. We chuckled.

"Do you have anything to say, dear EunB?" Ashley asked. EunB continues to nod and went towards the center while standing up in a plastic chair.

"Guys, this is our last shooting. Let's do our best, arasseo? Ladies Code fighting!" she said while doing the aja pose. We clapped and went outside the tent.

 "Have you practiced your scripts?" We nodded.

"Nae. We practiced our lines yesterday before going to bed." Zuny replied. 

"Everyone in their places now!"  We looked at each other and smiled.

"Lights... Camera... Action!"

 

 

"Omo. Such a tiring day!” Sojung’s voice was raspy, which obviously means that she’s tired as hell. I stretched my arms.

"Ha. You bet." I said. We went back to our van and while waiting for our manager, we decided to play a game. It's a game where you should complement the said member.

"Let's start with leader Ashley!" EunB grinned.

"Unnie, you always discipline us and gives us warm advice at the end. After you yell at us, you still give those heartwarming comments and advices and I get really pumped up and encouraged." -Zuny

"I think that you're the best leader that is looking out for others, too. You always think of other people before yourself and you even read minds." she paused and the others chuckled. "You always seem to know when someone is going through a hard time without you telling them and take care of them." -Sojung

"You are the best leader ever. I think your traits fit perfectly for the job. Some people might think that you're cold at times but when they get to know you, you are really warm. You always take care of other people and you want to know the person fully before making an advice. I admire your traits." -EunB

"When we were away from each other during holidays, you would still worry about our well being." I said. We saw Ashley wipe her tears.

"Aww. Thank you guys. I will be the best-est leader from now on." 

"It's Sojung's turn now." 

"I had to share a room with you but your first impression was so much stronger than now. But getting to know you, you are so young and you look like a baby. You always come to me to talk about your problems and you are so honest. You are so reliable and even have a strong side. I think that's why you are someone I can tell anything to. You always try to understand me and treat me fairly." -Ashley

"You and I have been together the longest. My first impression was questioning myself, why is she working so hard? You have overflowing passion then and even now. Now I love it when I see you trying hard. I know you are under a lot of pressure but seeing you fighting through is really awesome." I said. She nodded and hugged us both.

"Thank you, unnies. Now, it's time for Zuny!" she beamed widely.

"You are the maknae, but still, you're like the oldest. I think it's because you have 3 younger siblings. You know how to share and even takes care of us." Ashley said while patting Zuny’s head.

"You like to clean as well as to share things. I was an only child so 2 out of the 3 rooms at my home was mine. But through you, I learned so much. If I didn’t share my room with you, I think our room would have been a mess. But one thing that I am expecting from you is that you are capable of deep thinking and singing to your potential. If you practice enough, you will be an amazing singer who can only send off your colors. In which I mean voices that are inspired by true emotions." -Sojung

"I’m so jealous that you are so simple. I like that you don't overthink things. When I stress about things and think excessively over something, I want to be like you who can just let it go." EunB pouted.

"You are so precise. You always organize things well, and put away things all over the house. You even do the dishes at night." I said and I ruffled her hair. She scrunched her nose and grinned.

"It's RiSe unnie's turn!" she shouted. They looked at me and smiled widely.

"Ah! RiSe unnie always takes care of our health. Even the little things like taking vitamins. And, you also don't let us eat junkfood for our health." Zuny said while doing her aegyo.

"Uhuh. That’s why I ate the apple she gave even if I don’t want to.”  Sojung teased. I rolled my eyes. She coughed and spoke up again. "You're really like a mom. You would always say "My Sojungiee~" and take care of all of us." she side-hugged me. I squished her and chuckled.

"You're also cool, too! When we apologize to you for something, you would always say that it's okay, and who cares. And you forgive us right away." Ashley said while winking. I rolled my eyes again then looked at EunB.

"You are so nice. Too nice." she said. It’s a simple sentence, but it really made my heart swell in happiness. My eyes started to get teary.

"Yah. Don't cry. You’ll still be complimenting me later." EunB said while grinning widely. I poked her forehead and wiped my tears.

"It's our EunB's turn!"

"Ah!Why am I nervous?!" she said amidst her giggles.

"You are the one that always encourages us. You say them just like compliments but you really mean them. If we make a mistake or even sit down because we're tired, you always come to encourage us and even massage our shoulders. I get strength from you. When you come by to say hi when I’m over stressing over something, it always gives me strength." -Ashley

"You're like a real big sister. You even discipline us when we do something wrong but always does it for the best reasons. I think you are right though. Although feelings do get hurt, it feels sincere coming from a real sister." -Sojung

"Your way of talking is so bright and friendly. That’s one of your good traits. You make the listeners want to concentrate and have a good conversation." -Zuny

"When you're depressed, everyone gets depressed that day." Ashley continued.

"You know how to sacrifice yourself for others. Even if you don't want to go eat or go somewhere, you would still go because you wanted to do it. You are the brightest among the members and I think that the team would be so dark without you." I was shocked when the four of them cried. I muffled my laughter and opened my arms wide.

"Group hug?"

"GROUP HUG!" they glomped at me. I hugged them tightly.

"Let's be together forever. Ladies Code fighting!" EunB cheered.

God, I am so happy to be with them.

 

"Girls, you ready to go?" We nodded.

"We'll be having dinner when we arrive back at Seoul." 

The van was cozy and warm. The only noise is coming from the music player. It's playing Fix You by Coldplay.

 

When you try your best but you won't succeed,

When you get what you want but not what you need.

When you feel so tired but you can't sleep,

Stuck in reverse...

 

And the tears come streaming down your face,

When you lose something you can't replace.

When you love someone but it goes to waste,

Could it be worse?

 

Lights will guide you home...

 

"Sir! Something's wrong with the car!" the driver shouted, voice almost cracking. Our manager was panicking too. I covered my mouth while tears are streaming down uncontrollably. No... Please...

 

And ignite your bones...

 

They were screaming for us to wake up... But I shook my head... I took the ear muffs from my bag and put them in their ears. I looked at my manager. 

"Why?" our manager mouthed.

I smiled. "So that they wouldn't face death." 

 

I reached for their heads and patted them one by one. I kissed their hair. Then, I turned to the other side, there; I found my bestfriend sleeping soundly. My tears fell again as I kissed her forehead.

"Good night, EunB."

 

*SCREEEECHHHHHH! CRASH!!*

 

And I will try to fix you...

 

I opened my eyes. All I see is white. No furniture, no everything. Just plain white. I scurried away but to my dismay, I can't escape.

 

NO ONE's POV

 

Sojung was in the hospital.

So was RiSe, but in a critical condition.

Zuny and Ashley were safe, and only received minor injuries.

While a certain someone is ready to fly up high.

 

R.I.P 

Go Eun Bi

1992-2014

A great sister and daughter.

 

September 3, 2014

RiSe, please be awake later. If not, be awake tomorrow. We need you here. Your family needs you. Sojung, Ashley and Zuny needs you. The whole world needs you.

 

September 4, 2014

Hey, RiSe? Why are you still sleeping? You should be awake by now. Please, speak up. Please open your eyes.

 

September 5, 2014

RiSe, still can't wake up? I bet you're trapped inside a dark room or maybe in a white one. I hope you'll find your way out. I hope you can escape.

 

September 6, 2014

It's been 3 days. Aren't you tired of not doing something to get yourself out from that trap? We still have hope for you to survive though. We believe in you, RiSe. We'll hold your hand. We'll never let go. Just think of us. Think of your family. Think of Ladies Code. Think of EunB.

 

September 7, 2014

10:00 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__

10:01 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_

10:02 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__

10:03 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_

10:04 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__

10:05 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_

10:06 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__

10:07 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_

10:08 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__

10:09 _/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\__/\_/\_____/\__/\______

10:10 /\___/\__/\____/\____/\____________________________________

 

Why'd you let go?

 

"RiSe, unnie? Let's go?" she said while extending her arms. I grabbed it.

"EunB, do me a favor. Hold my hand and don't let go."

"Thank you... For being with me."

"It would be uncomfortable if I leave you alone. It would be painful."

"Bestfriends forever?"

"Forever."

 

R.I.P

Kwon Risae

1991-2014

A good bestfriend and daughter.

 

May your souls rest in peace.