One

Honestly: A Suga Story

"And why should I go with you?" A skeptical glances met a disheartened one.

 

"Come on! It's Ami's birthday, and plus you're not busy."

 

"Is this another one of your crazy plans to try to hook me up with one of her friends because we all know how successful that has been."

 

"Please?"

 

You looked at your friend who was desperately clinging onto your arm.

 

You shook your head and sighed. "Fine, fine, but no funny business Hyerin" You scrunched at the squeals of the girl.

 

---

 

You sat in Hyerin's room between her pillows and a stack of dresses. She insisted that she pick out your outfit and do your makeup out of the good in her heart which ended up with her room being a complete mess.

 

"What about this one?" She showed you what looked like and old costume.

 

"Isn't that from last year's Halloween party? You know the one where you tried to hook up that one guy with me?" You giggled at the thought.

 

"Right! And he was so drunk that you ended up spending the night as puke patrol. Poor kid couldn't take alcohol to save his life... Anyway," she dramatically discarded the garment onto the pile next to you. "I think I found it!"

 

Your eyes met with dark blue sequins. "Try it on!" You could feel the excitement radiating off of Hyerin. Next thing you know you were looking at yourself in probably one of the prettiest dresses you've even worn.

 

The dress was dark blue with sequins running down the sides and a boat neckline, showing off your collar bones, and reached a little past mid-thigh. "Holy crap I'm a genius."

 

You nodded as if in a trance, turning in the mirror loving the way the dress hugged your curves. "Ahem, daughter, where do you think you're going dress like that?" Hyerin asked in her "dad" voice.

 

You both held back a fit of laughter. "To Ami's party!"

 

---

 

Ami's party was held in some fancy, albeit dark, nightclub that you've never been to. The place was relatively empty when you and Hyerin arrived. It was easy to spot the birthday girl and give her the gifts before you and Hyerin broke off to socialize with everyone else.

 

"I need a drink!" You raised and eyebrow.

 

"This early?"

 

"Well I wanna try some things so I know what to tell people to get me when the real fun starts!" You chuckled, typical Hyerin. "Fair enough."

 

"Bartender man, sir, what is your finest fruit-y thing?" Hyerin was propped up on the bar by her elbows to partially compensate for her short height and partially to flirt with the guy you figured. You say on a bar chair looking at the people entering the place. "Here you go~! I don't know what this is but the guy said it wasn't too strong. Although it's pretty good, I took a teeny sip." She handed you a tall glass filled with a liquid that had a gradient from red to yellow. You eyed it suspiciously before taking a small sip. It tasted good enough.

 

---

 

You were seated in one of the circular booths between Hyerin all up on some guy and a few girls that you became friendly with. The party was pretty fun. Or it would be fun, if you were actually seeking to do party-like things. Most of the time you just listened to the bickering of the girls next to you or Hyerin's drunken happiness. You got up, straightened the skirt of your dress, which now felt too short and too uncomfortable to be wearing. You took to a bar chair, ordering another one of those berry passionfruit things that Hyerin brought you. Okay, maybe like three of them.

 

"You should really slow down on the alcohol intake." You head whipped to the source of the voice. You looked at the guy, smug smirk plastered all over his face. "I'll be fine."

 

"The last time someone told me that I ended up holding people's hair as they threw up, and accounting for the fact that I'm now engaging in some type of conversation with you," he looked over his shoulder, "I'm now responsible for you."

 

You scoffed, "how gentlemanly," you spoke mostly into your cup, finishing your now fourth or fifth one.

 

"I know."

 

You rolled your eyes ordered another couple.

 

"Well since you're "responsible" for me, which, by the way, you aren't, shouldn't I at least know your name?"

 

"Probably, but that's if you want to know my name."

 

A stare.

 

"You can call me Suga."

 

"Weird nickname but okay." You told him your name and finished off another drink, feeling a buzz staring to come over you. You lightly shook your head and started on the next one.

 

---

 

"Honestly..." You paused.

 

"Honestly?" He stopped going in for a swig of his own drink.

 

"Why did you start talking to me? Because honestly..."

 

"Honestly?" He moves closer intrigued by your words.

 

"Honestly... Guys don't start talking to girls to be friends, especially in clubs... When they're slowly getting wasted no less," you added that last part which you weren't supposed to say, but hey you were slowly getting wasted at that point.

 

He smiled and you smiled unconsciously with him.

 

"Honestly-"

 

"Honestly," you looked at him with interest.

 

"Honestly, it's a bit of both, and a bit of concern."

 

"Pssssh I knew it!" You smiled stupidly, "I knew it! I knew it!" You playfully hit his chest, "I knew it~!"

 

Then your brain caught up with your mouth.

 

"Concern for what?" Your face dropped dumbfounded.

 

"Because pretty girls, dress like how you're dressed, "slowly getting wasted" at a party are number one targets for guys," he pointed to Hyerin, "bonus points for your friend being occupied."

 

"Oh," you meekly replied. Were you completely in your right mind, you would've said something rather snarky.

 

Silence.

 

"What about you, are you going to try some of that funny business?"

 

"I never said I wasn't one of those guys," he stated matter-of-factly.

 

You grew flustered at his words, you're already flushed face growing more hot.

 

"But I won't try anything funny until you're sober." He winked at you and downed the rest of his drink.

 

---

 

Somehow you managed to have a conversation with Yoongi, who gave you his actual name after you pleaded with him like a five-year-old, despite your drunken state.

 

"Wait for Hyerin with me, she's coming with me," you whined, clinging onto his arm.

 

And so you stood there outside the building with your new friend in his jacket for 20 minutes.

 

"Stupid Hyerin..." you mumbled childishly as Suga pushed you into the back of the cab he managed to get.

 

He looked at you and shook his head, giving the cab driver the address.

 

"My house is that way..." you sleepily pointed behind you.

 

"I know that, but do you know the address right now?" He mocked you're drunken tone. "Hey! I know a lotta things, like how you're Yoongi and we're in-a car and how I'm tired," you leaned against him, "and how you make a really good pillow." You slammed your fist onto his thigh to prove your point. He chuckled and slowly your hair.

 

"You know what else I know?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I know you're not as tough as you try to be." You reached up and poked his cheeks, "you're a big teddy bear~" An impish grin spread over your face.

 

"And you're not as tough as you try to be..." He whispered chuckling.

 

You spent the rest of the ride sleeping.

 

--

 

The morning sun was too bright for you. Or it was supposed to be. The sun was up which you could tell by the apparent light shining through the curtain. But less than the norm in your room. You shifted, your head throbbing. You don't really remember last night, only being drunk, a cab ride, and going to sleep during it really.

 

Groaning you pulled the sheet over your head and closed your eyes trying to block out any and all light from entering your battered optic nerves.

 

You felt something slip around your waist and pull you closer. Your head rested upon something insanely warm. "Go back to sleep." You heard an unfamiliar yet familiar voice mumble. You opened your eyes and took a peek to be met with the sleepy eyes of a guy.

 

A guy you didn't know.

 

Or.

 

A guy you knew?

 

Flustered you pushed yourself away from the guy, now fully awake. You sat up and looked around the room, which was definitely not yours. And these clothes weren't yours either

 

"I needed like five more minutes... Oh."

 

Your face was a mix of emotions.

 

Embarrassment from the first thought that crossed your mind and being next to someone who currently wore no shirt, not that it mattered that much.

 

Anger from the likely possibility of the first thought that crossed your mind.

 

Happiness that you were clothed and safe.

 

Fear for what happened to your friend that you haven't heard about for about five or six hours.

 

And a whole host of other feelings.

 

"Honestly..." You began. He chuckled, "do you start all prepositional phrases with honestly?"

 

Your face grew hot again.

 

"Well you know what I'm going to ask anyway, so answer it." You crossed your arms over your chest.

 

"Don't you know? Isn't it obvious? You don't remember whining Yoongi over and over until I-"

 

You threw one of your- his, pillows at his face wanting to wipe the cocky look off it it.

 

"I'm kidding, kidding," he put up his hands, "well you probably know the whole being drunk part... so I took you here, and then I tucked you in. But then you, and 'honestly' you, asked me to be your pillow, so then I did."

 

You skeptically looked at him, slowly remembering the events of the night before, pillow still raised in a threatening manner.

 

"Remember puke patrol, you told me about being puke patrol while falling asleep..." He moved closer closing in on the distance you created. "How your friend, Hyerin always tries to set you up so you ended up at puke patrol for the guy..." He knocked the pillow from your hand pulling them between you two. "Remember how you told me your house is that way?" He asked, his voice a husky whisper, "Remember how I told you that I wouldn't try anything funny until you were sober?" You stared up at him dumbfounded. "I..." He gingerly placed a hand on your chin, pulling your jaw to his, closing the space between you.

 

Sweet. That was the only thought in your mind.

 

He pulled away first, searching for some type of sign.

 

"Well then Mr. Suga..." you said kind of breathless, biting your lip, "how about you make me some breakfast, we can discuss matters over, say eggs and bacon, and then we can play catch up. And I can find out where Hyerin is."

 

"Or, we can skip the breakfast and go back to playing catch up," he pulled you by your waist, going in for another kiss.

 

"Ow."

 

"I'm hungry for actual food here~" A cat-like grin graced your features as you waved a pillow in front of his face, hopping off the bed.