01.

what stars are made of.

stars that you see are bright. why? because they are burning. and stars burn with passion. that's when you're worthy to be called a star.

nothing can stand in your way. the goods are not always everpresent, the happiness not always everlasting. yet, as a star, you try to make them everlasting.

the bads? they do come occasionally. but stars like you don't let them get in the way of anything. you're as solitary as a rock, firm and sturdy as an upright tree rooted when being blown by a hurricane. basically, you are strong.

but like the weather, you can be unpredictable. your tough side would instantly fade and your soft spot would be obvious. you'd cry with your group, get emotional. though i know there are reasons why. it's normal. it's life. and life hits you sometimes.

and quite literally, it did. it hurt. and here you are with me, RiSe, but for the time being only. we walked downtown, around the park, and then you noticed it.

"why aren't we resuming with our schedule as per normal?" you asked.

i wrecked my mind, trying to find excuses. what should I say? that we got a day off suddenly? no, that would be too fishy. oh, or that our schedule for today is empty? no, too vague. i'll just go with what it was.

"well, our promotions have ended recently. we were given a day off. yes, suddenly. no questions asked because i don't know why either." i said.

something gives.

if we were to go out, wouldn't Ashley, Sojung and Zuny be here with us too? after all, we ARE Ladies Code.

she figured it out. i'm dead. no -- we're dead. literally.

"let's brush it off, try not to think too much, okay?" i tried to persuade you, hoping that it would work. it did though, momentarily.

i decided to take her to the hospital. because it was only a matter of time when the surgeons would revive her heart and she'll be in her body again. it can't be denied.

we crossed the road, and crashing in was a truck. but something's amiss. we didn't get hit. or atleast, that's what you started to notice.

"E-un..Bi.. D-Did you..?" your voice was so fragile, i couldn't stand seeing you like this. 

"why didn't it hit me? a-and .." you notice things so fast, RiSe. "why isn't anyone noticing us?"

time to spill the beans, i guess.

here we are. in the hospital. in the Intensive Care Unit. 

"i-is that m-me?! EunBi! whats all th-this?" you were on the verge of crying, tears flooding your eyes.

"RiSe... we were involved in a fatal accident. I died. wait -- we died. but you have hope. i don't. the members? Sojung, Ashley and Zuny? they're doing well. that's why they weren't with us."  i looked down on the floor as my voiced hicked alittle.

"Soon, i'll be alone again. alone up there. but you must live on, RiSe. Ladies Code must live on. i don't want to be a barrier between your dreams and ladies' codes'. by fulfilling and continuing your dreams, you're living up to mine too." i continued.

"b-but. no. this can't be. EunBi, you're my best friend! if i leave you, it would go against everything i stood up for! i-i ... i would be breaking my promise to you!" you screamed with dampened cheeks.

"your family needs you. please, RiSe. for the sake of your family, for the sake of your friends, for the sake of your fans, for the sake of Ladies Code. you can't leave. you must live on. don't try to argue with me because i want you to be happy. i'll be watching you from up above. like a best friend would." i'm glad i managed to persuade you.

"EunBi... i'm doing this for you..." you said as you entered your body. i was so glad.

the machine started to make ear-piercing beeping sounds, which i assume was a good sign because the surgeon and nurses were smiling and surprised. it was a miracle, i heard one of them say. continue to live on, RiSe.

but soon, it didn't last. i've seen you 3 times, the 3 times your heart stopped. but you told me you were fighting for your life and i could see that. i'm really proud of you RiSe. and i know it won't be easy or anything. but you tried your hardest, you managed to pull through the pain. you were a fighter, you shone out to me like a star.

7th September 2014. my usual visit to the ICU changed. you finally sucumbbed to your injuries and couldn't take anymore -- you gave in. everyone was devastated and so was i. but i knew you tried. because you were the type who wouldn't go down without a fight. but sadly, death won this time. everyone was grieving and crying. you stood by my side, dissapointed at yourself.

"hey, nothing lasts forever, right? don't worry. there may be 3 left in ladies' code. but there will be a sub-unit watching them from above." i said, hugging you.

* * *

it has been months now and Ladies Code are resuming their activities. we sat together in the clouds while watching them. oh it was fun. we may not be physically there, but we're in their hearts. i know it.

10;10am.