only a forever.

the golden plains

the golden plains

-

When she wakes up, it's to a blinding white light. She wonders why she would be seeing such a bright light, because the last thing she remembered, it was 1 in the morning and they were driving home.

She blinks a couple of times before finally getting used to the light. She feels her head ache as she tried to stand up (why was she laying down in the first place?). Her mind wanders to her surroundings, which she noticed, was nothing. She was standing in the middle of a vast grassland, in which the grass was yellow-ish gold. The sky was clear and blue and everything felt to unreal. She started to wonder why she was here. This wasn't even Korea, she was sure. The last thing she remembered was sitting in the van with Eunbi and listening to their colleague's songs. She tries to rack her mind for any recollection of what happened after, but she just couldn't.

She decided to wander around for a bit and explore this vast land that she'd suddenly found herself in. It was peaceful and quiet place. Mostly quiet. Often, in the distance, she could hear voices. Like someone calling out to her.

She walks around aimlessly until she sees a small silhouette from a far. She takes a breathe and makes a run for the figure. 

When she comes close enough to see who it is, she's surprised. Slower and slower she walked to the figure until she was sure of who it was. The girl was sitting on the ground, back facing her, and staring up at the sky.

"Eunbi?"

At the sound of her voice, the girl's head turns quickly.

She's glad that she found someone she knew in this place, but she was utterly confused.

"Risae?" The girl asked, "Is that you?"

She nodded and smiled that smile of hers.

The girl, Eunbi, stood up quickly and walked up to her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, and Risae could hint a little fear in her voice.

She was confused.

"What do you mean? I just woke up here." Risae answered.

Eunbi's eyes widened and she sighed.

"You're not supposed to be here."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you remember what happened?"

Risae shook her head.

"We were on the way home from broadcast!" She told Eunbi.

Eunbi's head sagged low and she laughed, sadly.

"Unni, we got into an accident." Eunbi said, revealing the hurtful truth.

Just then, Risae's body stiffened and her head began to ache.

She was starting to remember everything. The crash, their manager dying. Falling unconscious before anything else happened. It stung her.

She looked to Eunbi in confusion, eyes looking for an explanation to this whole thing.

"I'm dead."

Risae found herself unable to breathe.

"And you're not supposed to be here, unni."

Risae started shaking her head in confusion, not wanting to believe any of this.

"Why are you here?" Eunbi asked.

Tears started to form in her eyes and she heard Risae's voice.

Instead of saying the logical answer ("I'm dead"), Risae says something that saddens Eunbi even more.

"Yah, Eunbi-ah. I told you that I feel uneasy leaving you alone, so here I am." She tried to joke as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

Eunbi laughed genuinely, joining in on the flowing tears.

"Together even until the end?" Eunbi asked as she wiped her tears and linked arms with her unni.

Risae sniffled and smiled.

"There is no end for us. Only a forever."

Risae looked out into open field with tears in her eyes. Eunbi kept her eyes on her.

"It's beautiful here." Risae says.

"It is."

Eunbi wipes Risae's tears and tells her to cheer up. That she's not alone. 

They both look up into the sky and smile.

"Come on, let's continue our journey."

Into the Golden Plains.

 


cr: photo @jeniie-nasty

i just want to say that it's been a rough week for all of us in the kpop fandom in general, but the ladies'code fandom definitely has it worse. Two of their girls, gone in a week? It's so hard to grasp my mind on. I just started listening to Ladies Code this summer, and this happens? It's devastating and I'm sorrowful that I cried so much this week just from this group. I was inspired to write this today because of the announcement of RiSe's passing. 

I read a manga called Fairy Tail and there is a chapter called The Golden Plains, and basically there is a girl (who is the future version of one of the main characters, and she's from a different dimension) who dies in battle and at the end of the chapter, we see her waking up to a find herself in the middle of a yellow grassland (therefore, The Golden Plains) and after walking for a while, she sees all of her friends waiting for her. Her best friend (main guy character who died in her dimension before she did) is the one who meets her. He takes her hand and tells her, "Let's continue our adventure."

That's what inspired me to do this, and also the fact that RiSe said that she didn't want to leave Eunbi alone because it made her uneasy.

Idk man, I'm just so devastated and sad at this news. I hope you all pray/keep Ladies Code in your prayers because not only is this a tragedy but it also serves as a lesson, seeing that we often visualize our idols as immortal (which they are not), and it's sad that it has taken these two young girls' (who barely even started their lives) death to make some of us realize that idols are humans too.

Please pay your respects and condolences and wish the best of the other members, whether they hear your prayers or not.

#RipEunb #RipRise #PrayforLadiesCode