1

Why Didn't You Show Up?

"It's your day today, Junmyeon!" 

Yixing grinned as he woke the sleepy lump. There was movement but then it stoped. Yixing shook him again until Junmyeon appeared from his many blankets.

"What is it, Yixing?"

"It's your day today!"

"What?"

Junmyeon stared at Yixing before realizing what he meant. His eyes widened and he squealed. He jumped up and hugged his Chinese friend before getting up and stumbling to his bathroom while yelling, "It's my day today! My day!" 

Yixing grinned as he walked out of Junmyeon's room to go and get things ready with the rest of his friends. 

 

 

-

 

 

Baekhyun was dabbing liquid foundation on Junmyeon's pale skin. He was trying to make him more alive because his skin was way too pale. He grabbed a comb from the stand and started to part Junmyeon's hair into the direction he wanted. He dabbed his fingers in some gel before applying it to Junmyeon's blonde hair. He continued to style it and was amazed. His hair was parted to the right with some layers in that direction. He smiled at his work before adding more makup to Junmyeon's face. 

"You look perfect!"

Baekhyun spinned around and grinned at his work. He picked Junmyeon up and pushed him into a room where Yixing stood with clothes in his arms. Yixing took off Junmyeon's black button shirt and replaced it with a bright white under shirt. He put a second white one on top of it and placed the black tie. He went into the closet and took out a black jacket. He placed it on the bed before giving Junmyeon a pair of black pants. 

"Go change into this."

Junmyeon walked into his bathroom and put on the pants. He came out and opened his arms. Yixing started to spray some cool spray all over his body. He then grabbed the jacket and helped Junmyeon put it on. Baekhyun ran into the room, almost falling onto Yixing with cologne in his hand. He walked over to Junmyeon and started to spray the cologne all over him. Junmyeon made a face as his vanilla scented cream was washed away by expensive cologne. Baekhyun grinned and took out a camera as he started taking pictures of his friend. Junmyeon smiled in all the pictures before being taken away by Yixing. 

"Let's go to church first."

Junmyeon nodded as Yixing grabbed his hand and pushed him into a car. Yixing drove and drove to church where both of them immediatley got on their knees at the alter. They spoke quietly as they said their prayers. 

Thirty minutes later they walked back in the car and drove to where the special event was supposed to be. Junmyeon's smile never left his face as he got there. He was marrying the love of his life. His soulmate. He was so glad Korea had finally established Gay Marriage. He was basically vibrating with energy. Yixing couldn't help but smile at his best friend. It was his day after all.

 

 

The music started just as Junmyeon got out of the car. Kyungsoo ran over to him and placed a flower pin on his suit. Junmyeon smiled brightly at his friend as he made his way to the alter. The music got louder as he took each step. He kept his eyes guled to the priest who had a small smile on his lips. He got to the alter and stood by it. He looked at his family members and his friend's family members with a very bright smile on his lips. He glanced over at the person who was playing the music and smiled. Baekhyun was playing the piano with his eyes closed and a small smile was drawn on his lips. Junmyeon continued to stand by the alter as he waited for his one and only to come. After the music died out Baekhyun turned around to look at his friend and then back at the path to the alter. His smile was falling as he noticed Yi Fan wasn't here. He cleared his throat as he flipped a sheet of paper and continued to play the music. The people that were sitting started to whisper and move uncomfortably. Junmyeon started to play with his fingers as he stood.

After around an hour of waiting Junmyeon sighed. He looked down at the ground and refused to let his tears fall. He looked up at his invites and gave them a smile. Pity was written all over there faces as they stood up. Junmyeon waved his hand as some of the invites started to leave. He looked back at the ground before looking up and noticing that all his guests were gone. Junmyeon continued to smile as Baekhyun and Yixing walked over to him. 

"Junmyeon.." Yixing started his sentance but he didn't continue. He stared at Junmyeon who's smile twitched.

"It's just a dream. And when I wake up he'll be here. I know."

Yixing and Baekhyun bothed looked at Junmyeon as he walked back to the car.

 

 

-

 

Junmyeon woke by the rays of sunlight. He squinted as he threw his blanket over his face. He curled into a small ball and closed his eyes. He opened them again, realizing today was the day. He threw his blanket off of him and got up to the window. 

"By now they would have tables, chairs, and stands set up. Baekhyun will be admiring the piano he placed outside for the day. I know for sure." 

Junmyeon's happy vibe went down as all he found was green grass. He furrowed his eyesbrows and checked  his calender to see if it was the right day. His eyes widened as he realized it was the day after his marriage. His eyebrows continued to stay furrowed as he made his way downstairs. 

"Junmyeon..."

He looked at the sound of the voice and saw his brother, walking towards him. Junmyeon smiled and bowed at him. His brother wrapped his arms around him as he muttered "sorry." Junmyeon looked at his brother confused before realization hit him. His eyes went wide as he pushed his brother away. He shook his head and ran back upstairs to his room. He kicked open his door and slammed it shut. Junmyeon grabbed his phone and looked for Yi fan's contact. He pressed the name with the heart and waited for the other to answer. There was no answer. Junmyeon called again and again, waiting for the other to pick up. He threw his phone at the wall before covering his tiny body with his blanket. He clutched his shirt as he let his tears fall.

"He never came." 

"He left me standing."

"But why."

Junmyeon threw his blanket and looked up at the ceiling. His tears were slinding down his cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon smiled at his friend after finishing his story.

"He never showed up that day." 

Kris stared at him with a pained expression. He reached over the table and held onto Junmyeon's hand.

"Junmyeon..-"

"No, it's fine." Junmyeo smiled again, wiping his eyes from small tears. He looked at Kris again before his smile left his lips.

"Why didn't you show up?"

Kris' eyes widened as Junmyeon spoke.

"Junmyeon, I-"

"Yi Fan, why?"