Studio

틱턱 (Tik Tok)
Please log in to read the full chapter

02.

2월2009년

 

Junsu called Nyoko a week after and didn’t hesitate to get to business. Junsu wanted help on a song that he had been working for a while. How quickly she agreed to meet Junsu was something Nyoko wouldn’t do – especially with a guy. She pulled her scarf tightly around her neck, the cold air was getting to her body and she tried to put her mind at ease by thinking of anything to keep her mind off the cold. After waiting a while, Junsu was walking towards her in the near distance waving and carrying a plastic bag with him.

 

“I’m sorry. Did you wait long?”

 

“No.” She lied. “I just got here ten minutes ago.”

 

“I’m really sorry!” Junsu didn’t seem to believe it but he just nodded as they walked into the office. “I bought some snacks for us in case we got hungry.”

 

Nyoko smiled. He was thoughtful, she liked that. “That’s okay! We were bound to need some food!”

 

They proceeded to an empty recording studio and immediately started to get down to work. The song Junsu had wrote a few months ago was going to be an up-tempo track and producing the beat for it was a bit tricky. Nyoko explained some composition techniques and suggested some backing tracks for the time being while they ate snacks. “You’re really good at this.” Junsu complimented.

 

“Oh, thank you.” She smiled at him shyly. “Also, thank you for bringing food.”

 

“No problem.” Junsu also smiled back. “Hey, do you think we could do this more frequently before I start promotions.”

 

“When do you start your promotions? Because we have to go back to London in a few weeks.”

 

“Near the end of April.” Junsu replied. “What are you doing there?”

 

“Because we didn’t permanently more here, we go back home quick often for exams so…” Junsu’s surprised expression made Nyasha laugh. “Why are you looking at me like that for? Did you think we came from America?”

 

“Uh…yeah.”

 

“Don’t look so embarrassed about it.” She giggled. “It always happens. But I’ll be able to help you before your promotions start.”

 

“Shall we get back to work?”

 

They proceeded to get back to working on the track and by the evening, they had decided upon a few ideas of what Junsu wanted and soon they were working out the arrangement of the instrumental. While working with Junsu, she was starting to get to know him more. He was a perfectionist when it came to producing his own music and he worked hard to learn what he could do from her. Soon enough, they decided to call it a day and were packing up to leave.

 

“Do you live far?” He asked while they walked out of the JYP building.

 

“It’s just a bus journey home to Gangnam-ju.” She replied.

 

“Oh? I live in that area too. I could take you home.”

 

Nyoko smiled and appreciated his presence. On the way to the bus stop, Junsu had grown to like Junsu. He was really easy to talk to and comfortable to be around.  They continued to talk about Daegu and London, their hometowns as well as what they did during pre-debut.

 

 “By the way, you’re also good fr

Please log in to read the full chapter