Prologue

In china white is associated with death (HIATUS)
I’m not looking for something that catches
fire and burns spectacularly for only a few
short nights, but a simple gentle love that lasts
until my time is up.
-Beau Taplin, the slow burn
 

Luhan thinks Sehun is hot. Like really ing hot.

"He's gorgeous!" Luhan sighs and look over to where the tall blond is sitting by himself. "Like have you seen that jawline?"

"I've seen better" Kyungsoo says, sounding bored and takes a bite of his salad without even glancing in Sehun's direction.

"So you are also falling for a lonely, poor kid!" Baekhyun answers happily and looks over at Sehun as he stuffs a fry into Chanyeol's mouth. “I really hope you give him a better princess story that Joonmyun is giving his.”

"What is that supposed to mean?" Joonmyun frowns and look up from his food. Beside him Luhan tear his gaze off of Sehun in favour of grinning wickedly at his best friend.

"Well I’m just saying that your lovely Jongdae is worth more than a senpai-notice-me story" Baekhyun answers nonchalantly and Joonmyun’s face turn a hilarious shade of tomato red.

"Speaking of Jongdae; that's a jawline I am willing to talk about" Chanyeol says suddenly with his mouth full of food and Baekhyun glares disapprovingly at him.

"Control your boyfriend Baekhyun, I don't want to see all the food he has in his mouth" Kyungsoo also glares at Chanyeol just as Jongin sits down beside him.

As usual Kyungsoo's mood brighten instantly and Luhan pretends to gag as Jongin plant a kiss on his boyfriends left cheek (of course making sure that Kyungsoo is too preoccupied to notice: he doesn’t want to die). Baekhyun coos at them and Kyungsoo immediately goes back into glaring mode.

"There’s no senpai-notice-me story going on" Joonmyun denies, his voice a tad higher than it should be. "And by the way Jongdae is not that poor and he's got a lot of friends" The last words are mumbles out and Joonmyun can’t stop the frown on his face.

Luhan sighs loudly.

"Listen Mr. Straight-A’s-and-richest-kid-in-the-school” He starts “There's no need to be jealous of Jongdae's little friends, he’s all yours" Luhan smiles sweetly (evilly) at Joonmyun who turns even redder (if possible).

"Yea, so you should just stop denying your feelings, bend him over a desk and him until he can't walk" Baekhyun says happily and Joonmyun looks like he might faint while Chanyeol laughs loudly.

Kyungsoo looks at them in pure disgust and Jongin looks like he want to erase that sentence from his head for the rest of his life. Luhan simply shakes his head.

"I...what?...I can't...Baekhyun!" Joonmyun splutters and Baekhyun joins his boyfriend’s laugh.

“Of course you can!” He gets out between laughing fits. “You just…”

"What are you guys talking about?" Jongdae suddenly shows up beside Luhan and he swears Joonmyun jumps a meter in surprise.

"We were just talking about how Joonmyun..."

"NOTHING!" Joonmyun irrupts very loudly and un-Joonmyun-like and sends Luhan a death glare. "Just about how Luhan is obsessed with Sehun" He continues sweetly and Luhan's grin drops.

"Oh" Jongdae says and turn to look at Sehun. "Yea he's hot" Joonmuyn looks extremely displeased. "But I would never even try to date him" Joonmyun looks calmer again and Luhan can’t help but to roll his eyes at his idiotic friend. "He's very unsocial and hard to talk to, he's like the only person who doesn't instantly likes me.” Jongdae pouts “It's extremely annoying but if you are willing to overlook his ty social skills and want to try to peruse him anyway he works at the bun, you know the little café down the street" Jongdae finishes with a shrug and Luhan stores the information about the bun, not worried the least about Sehun not liking Jongdae.

"I'm pretty sure Kyungsoo doesn't like you either, he doesn't like anyone except Jongin and maybe Joonmyun. Right Kyungie?" Baekhyun says smugly and looks expectantly at Kyungsoo.

“Don’t call me Kyungie” Kyungsoo answers and take another bite of his salad.

Baekhyun grimaches at him and Jongdae grins.

"Of course Kyungsoo likes me! He's my amazing sing partner!" He exclaims brightly and when Kyungsoo nod Baekhyun's jaw drops and Joonmyun looks extremely betrayed.

“Amazing singing partner?” Joonmyun asks slowly, looking between Kyungsoo and Jongdae.

“Yes, we’re both in the choir!” Jongdae explains happily and Joonmyun looks sullen as he hasn’t been aware of this before.

“I’m also in the choir and he hates me!” Baekhyun complains and throws his hands in the air while Joonmyun tries to keep the pout of his face.

“That’s because you’re not a very likable person” Jongdae grins wickedly without noticing the struggles of his crush. Luhan thinks it’s weird how the other can spend so much time staring at Joonmyun and still be so dense.

“Extremely unlikable actually” Kyungsoo states and Luhan and Jongdae laughs as Baekhyun’s face falls.

“You’re both mean, I hate you!” He exclaims and pouts at his fries.

“I think you’re the most likable person I’ve met” Chanyeol comforts and drags Baekhyun closer.

“Shut up” His boyfriend answers sullenly but the corners of his lips tug upwards in an almost smile.

“Anyway” Jongdae says as he recovers from his laughing. “That is not what I came for” Jongdae continues and turn to Joonmyun with love in his eyes.

Luhan is two seconds from dropping a suggestive comment about it but he restrains himself since Joonmyun would probably die from embarrassment.

“I have just finished writing my article for the school paper” Jongdae continues, suddenly sounding shy and blushes. “And I was wondering where to leave it in and if you could maybe look through it?”

The rest exchanges amused looks around the table at this because they all know that Jongdae only writes articles in the school paper so he’ll get a chance to spend more time with Joonmyun. Well, all except Joonmyun that is.

“I’m the head editor of our school paper, Jongdae. I look through all articles” Joonmyun smiles and Luhan rolls his eyes again. The two of them are disgusting and stupid. “You can just leave it with me”

“Oh, that’s great then!” Jongdae says happily and lifts his backpack of his shoulders so he can search for his article in it. “I hope you like it”

“I’m sure I will” Joonmyun assures just as someone shouts Jongdae’s name. The boy turns around and waves happily at one of his friends, Daehyun: an extremely handsome and talented boy. Joonmyun is clearly doing his best not to glare daggers at the poor boy but he’s failing and Daehyun doesn’t miss it because he takes one look at Joonmyun and immediately takes one step closer to his friend next to him, Yoongjae.

Meanwhile Jongdae is obvious as he finishes searching for his article and hands it over to Joonmyun.

“I have to go, maybe we can talk about the article together later?” Jongdae asks and flutters his eyelashes like a high-school girl with a crush (which is actually not far from what he is, he just need to grow s and he’s got it covered). Joonmyun mumbles something like an affirmative and Jongdae breaks into a wide smile. “Great, then I’ll see you later!” He says and runs up to Daehyun, of course not without a longing glance towards Joonmyun that the other fails to notice.

"You know" Chanyeol turns to Joonmyun, mouth again stuffed with food, as Jongdae walks away. "You have extreme jealousy issues"

"Don't speak with food in your mouth" Joonmyun snaps and Chanyeol quickly closes his mouth.

Luhan snorts at them before he turns his eyes back to Sehun, who’s looking bored and un-friendly.

But that only makes Luhan even more determined.

He’s always liked a challenge.

 

“Welcome to the bun what is your order?”

“You”

Luhan smiles prettily and leans over the counter as Sehun freezes and blinks at him in surprise.

“I’m” Sehun starts and Luhan’s smile widens. “That’s not on the menu”

Luhan pretends to be disappointed and pouts (cutely).

“Really? That’s a shame” He says with a sigh and Sehun frowns.

"Aren't you Luhan” He asks, sounding annoyed “One of those rich kids?"

"Oh, you know my name! That's awesome" Luhan answers happily and Sehun gives him a dark look.

"Jongdae told me your name” he explains shortly “Is there anything on the menu that you actually want to buy?"

"Jongdae have talked about me? How lovely!” Luhan says happily, ignoring the dark aura emitting from Sehun “I'd like a cappuccino please" Luhan supports his elbow on the counter and rest his chin on his hand as Sehun turns around to make his order. "So what have Jongdae said about me? I bet he only mentioned me while he talked about Joonmyun" He continues (and secretly hopes Jongdae has talked to Sehun today and has told the other all about how nice Luhan is) as he admires Sehun's .

"He said you were funny" Sehun mumbles as finishes of Luhan's drink.

"I am. You should sit down with me at my table so you can find out just how funny I am" Luhan answers with a grin and Sehun frowns disapprovingly at him.

"You're kind of annoying aren't you?" Sehun asks as he hands Luhan his order and Luhan's grin widen.

"Of course not, I am the greatest!" He exclaims and happily accept the drink from Sehun, who simply snorts.

"Yea right.” Sehun answers sarcastically and turns to the next customer in line. “It doesn’t matter because I’m not going to sit down with you"

Luhan’s grin doesn’t budge as he goes away from the counter to find a spot to sit. It’s only the first day and Luhan has plenty of time making Sehun like him.

It will be a piece of a cake and Luhan’s good mood last the entire afternoon and all the way home.

It’s only when he much later pulls up in his car by the large mansion and he sees that all the lights are out in the grand house that his good mood falters.

And as Luhan walks up to his enormous, empty bedroom with too much space he thinks that maybe he's not that great after all.

Because what kind of parents leave a kid alone if he’s the greatest?

And if he's worthy to love?

 

Prologue! Ta-da~!

Hopefully you like it, please leave a comment if you did because I really appreciate it ^^.

I will update as soon as possible <3 ^^