Hotel

Vampire In Love

Fany POV
I open my eyes. I was lying atop a bed, fully clothed. I rise from the bed, reorienting. The blinds are pulled. Seo and Yoong stare blankly at a T.V. set. Several plates of food crowd a table. Seo looks up as she see me enter, looking at my cell phone.

Fany: I wish he’d call.
Seo: You should eat.

But I ignore the food. I sit down heavily.

Fany: They could get hurt. It’s not
worth it. (insistent)
Yoong: Yes. It is.

I was taken aback. It’s the first time he’s engaged with me. 

Yoong: Tae has changed since he found you. And none of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you. It’s worth it.

Suddenly, Seo reels. Yoong goes to her, Fany follows.

Yoong: What do you see?
Seo(with deep worry): The tracker. He just changed course...

Yoong quickly sets a pad of paper and pencil in front of her.

Yoong: Where will it take him, Seo?

Seo POV
I saw a disorienting vision of Jo-Kwon standing in a room full of.

Seo: Mirrors. It’s a room of mirrors.

I begin to draw at hyper speed, closing her eyes, trying to see it clearly.

Fany: How do the visions work? Tae said they weren't always certain.
Yoong: She sees the course people are on, while they're on it. If they change their minds, the visions change.

Fany looks over Seo’s shoulder to see the drawing.

Fany: So the course Kwon is on now will lead him to... a ballet studio?
Seo(looks up at her): You’ve been here?
Fany: No. I don’t know. I used to take
ballet lessons as a kid. The school had an arch like that.
Yoong: Was your school here in Seoul?
Fany: Yeah, around the corner from my house. But I haven’t been there in ten years.
Yoong: Do you have any reason to go now?
Fany: No. Hell, no. I hated the place.

Seo and Yoong share a look, trying to figure this out. Suddenly, Fany jumps as her cell phone rings. She picks it up. Sees the caller I.D. and exhales relief. She answers.

Fany: Tae. Are you alright?
Tae: I'm coming to get you now. 

Soo drives the Jeep, fast, Yuri in the back, Tae in the passenger seat on his cell phone.

Tae(hates having to say this): We lost the tracker. The woman is still in the area. Jess and Sunny are protecting your father.
Fany(sinking): This is my fault. You warned me, but I didn’t think. I just...
Tae: Fany, we’re in too deep. We can’t
change how we feel...
Fany: No... we can’t. When will you get here?
Tae: In a couple hours. Then you and I
will go somewhere. Together. The others will keep hunting. Fany, I swear to you, I’ll do whatever it takes to make you safe again.