Prologue

With Friends Like Them

It was a one fine summer morning for Byun Baekhyun, 16, who is currently having a summer vacation to a beach with his family. His high school years started three months ago together with his crazy best friends: Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun and Kim Jongdae.  Baekhyun was happy that the three of them were placed in the same classes because Baekhyun won't be able to enjoy his first year of high school life if he'll be in a different section with the three. He's the dumbest among them after all.

 

They're currently living in the dorm inside the school, since it's required and an all boys school anyways. Jongin and Sehun are roommates and so are Baekhyun and Jongdae. They're always together during summer vacations but this time, they decided to be with their families (with busy parents) instead.

 

Baekhyun was lining up for shaved ice when he heard a group of girls whispering behind him.

 

"Isn't he handsome?" One girl said and the others agreed.

 

"He is. He is." Another girl squealed. Curious of who they are referring to, Baekhyun looked back at the girls and saw them pointing somewhere. When he follows where they are pointing, he saw a lanky guy with messy hair, wearing eyeglasses. His ear sticks out and he smiles creepily while talking to a smaller friend of his. Which part of that guy is handsome? Lee Minho is much more handsome than him.

 

But wait... Baekhyun squinted his eyes. The guy seems familiar. The ears. The ears. Ah, now he remembered. The guy also goes to his school. Same year as him, though he is in Class A and Baekhyun is in Class B. They said, he's a genius but Baekhyun doesn't really paid attention to him. His name sounds like 'yolk' or something.

 

But anyways, the 'yolk guy' is not handsome. Baekhyun scoffed to himself as he thinks about it. Such weird tastes.

 

Taking his phone out, Baekhyun opened his line account and group chatted with his weird friends.

 

Baconnie

Lol. Guys, yolk guy is in the beach where I am now and he's actually 3 persons away from me, lining up in the patbingsu shop and girls behind me says he's handsome like- he's not even that handsome rofl

 

KingKai

How many times do we have to tell you that the name is Park Chanyeol? = =

 

PrinceHun

And don't say he's not handsome because...

 

WonDaeful

Because he is handsome my dear bacon. If he didn't friendzoned me he is my boyfriend already

 

KingKai

I'll hit on him too if I don't have my eye on his cute friend.

 

Baconnie

Eww guys. What do you see in him anyways?

 

Baekhyun looked up and he's in the counter already. He ordered four shaved ice and goes back to chatting with his friends while waiting for his orders.

 

PrinceHun

We're not talking about this again.

 

KingKai

I'm getting sick of it.

 

WonDaeful

Even if how many times I tell you, you won't listen anyways.

 

Baconnie

Well, who cares about him?

 

WonDaeful

Meeeeee

 

Baconnie

Well, only you

 

KingKai

Me toooo

 

Baconnie

Ew

 

Taking his orders, Baekhyun put his phone back to his short's pocket. He went back to where his family is with his phone ringing of notifications.