Happy anniversary.

94 ARCADIA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

angsty | 6K

[italic means past]

 

The weather is so nice in seoul to start a day, Kim jongin start with his morning with a coffee in café owned by his sister. He chooses to sit near the window so he could see the scenery, playing with the ring on his ring finger. A smile transformed from his face as he recalls the memory of his wedding day.

 

“Now you may kiss your bride” The preach said, without hesitation jongin kissed soojung’s forehead, both cheek, nose, chin then lips. After that he whispered “All mine!” Soojung laughs at his cheekiness. Once again, he couldn’t believe this moment would happen to his life. As he know how hard it is to get the ice princess attention.

All friends and relatives congratulate the new groom and bride. Sehun recalls how jongin accidentally lose the rings and makes the whole audience try to look for the white gold rings engraved with his name on it. “I need a show, I purposely did that!” Jongin said didn’t want to look so embarrassing at his own party. Soojung gave him a look “Oh babe please, our wedding will be unforgettable for those who attend” Jongin said and kiss the bride cheek.

“Yes, groom at least jessica could find the ring for us” Soojung said.

“Anyway if we couldn’t find it, I bring a pen with me. I could make you another ring tattoo again. Just like how we’re in collages day”

The brides suddenly tears up, Jongin wiped her tears “I bragging those memory to make you smiles not cries”

“I love you jongin, I always do..”

“I know, you don’t even have to say it to me. I know it already..”

 

 

Jongin spotted a Mercedes benz parked, a girl with a same vibe as his wife walked out from the car. She carried her baby in her arms, waved a goodbye to her husband before entering the café to meet him. “Hello pretty mina” Jongin greeted the little baby.

“Say hello to uncle jongin, mina-ya” jessica told her 2 years old daughter. The little girl bowed lightly to her uncle jongin ruffle the baby’s hair. She is so cute jongin imagines how it feels to if he had a daughter? But it doesn’t even matter, he could just treat mina likes his own daughter.

“Order first noona, I’ll take care of mina here” Jongin said.

As the older leave the table jongin start to play with the shy mina. She is really hard to approach at the first meet. How many times they meet, mina will always act cold at first. She really resembles her aunt so much. “Your mom probably hates your aunt so much during pregnancy mina-yah” Jongin said.

“Wrong jongin-ah, I love her so much. That’s why mina has lots similarity with soojung rather than me.” Jessica said with a tray on her hands.

“But soojung said she hates me so much. That’s why asher turns out like 100% a clone of me” Jongin said

“That’s probably right, but I don’t hate my own sister.” She said as she feeds mina cheese cakes.

 

 

Today is their wedding anniversary. Jongin wants to make a small party that’s why he invites jessica in, to help him with some stuff since jessica use to work as an event organizer. Jongin pay for the coffee that he and jessica had this morning. He starts his car and starts to drive with jessica’s order. First stop is a bakery house, they need a cake for a party isn’t it?

While choosing the cake, jongin spotted a high school student make a confession across the bakery. The girl seems unpleasant with the boy and got rejected. He chuckles, same things goes to him before.

 

It was autumn when jongin notices the presence of the ice princess. She was there sitting in the gym bench not cheering for any teams. She evens showing un-interested looks for the games that begin at that moment. Jongin wondering what the hell is she doing there if she doesn’t even want to be there in the first place.

Jongin was a basket ball player at that time and then he hurt himself during the games. Jung Soojung was there because she is in charge of the medic teams. She quickly sprays a pain killer to his injuries. He got to see the close view of the girl that he thought it’s annoying with her frown face there. A pit-a-pat they said, it hits him for the first time.

Ever since that day Jongin can’t stop thinking about her beauties. She does stand out from others people, but why he just noticed it? From day to days jongin finally gather information about her, from her name, class and club she attend. Jongin will wait for another minute in front school gates just to see her face for the last time before going back to home or hang out with his friends.

Finally during second year in school Jongin has courage to know her personally. It was dismissal times when he suddenly blocked the girl way. “What the you want?” He was so surprised at her words so he failed at the first try.

But jongin isn’t giving up, the next day when soojung have a PE class. Jongin skipped his class purposely to see the girl, Soojung was a good volley ball player. Jongin amazed with her skills in sport, she seems good at it. After the PE class ends Jongin bravely give her the bottle water.

“How much?” Soojung asked

“What?”

“The water”

“I’m not selling it”

“Oh, thank you then” Soojung said and walked away.

 

To be honest jongin is quite popular in his school. He is handsome and a basket ball players, but he always dropped his pride in front of the girl that no matter how much he tries the reaction is still same. The girl still not recognize him. It’s even make jongin eager want to try harder. Sehun has told him many times to giving up on her. Since she is not the one of the prettiest girls in their school.

 

“So how is it?” Jongin asked soojung right after her class dismissed “Excuse me?” Soojung asked back about to go out from her class to grab some kimbab for her hungry stomach. “You didn’t see it?” The guy asking while blocked her way to go out. “See what?” Soojung asked back

“My date invitation. This morning. In your white board”

Soojung seems to think of it. “No”

“Like seriously? I even write it with a permanent mark”

“Oh, yeah now I bet you need to meet my homeroom teacher. Anyway thank you for dragging me in” Soojung said and finally finds a way to escaped from him.

From his stupid action Jongin got a penalty with 3 days straight to clean the bathroom after the class ends. Sehun who waited for him everyday shook his head couldn’t believe that love could be this blinds. Especially to kim jongin who known as a seconds playboy just same as him.

 

 

“I can’t take a no since I’m cleaning bathroom for 3 days straight. So Friday night at 7 I’ll pick you up!” Jongin said in library to soojung. “Wait!” Soojung shouted “Jongin, Kim Jongin! I have a name in case you didn’t know”

“I know your name, but honey you wasting your time because I have zero interest to you. Anyway it’s your fault so you got a penalty for cleaning bathroom for 3 days. So I also have a right to say NO to you because thanks to you, I also got penalty 3 days straight to clean the library” Soojung said and walked away.

The boy not even upset, he just smiling to know that soojung actually know his name.

 

 

“Who is the boy in front our home?” Jessica asked soojung who is listening to her favorite music with a novel on her hand and apple in another. The older removed the girl headphone and start to ask her again. “There is a boy around your age in front our home” She repeated.

“Yeah so?”

“Isn’t he is your friend?”

Soojung looked through her window and spotted jongin with a hat and denim collared shirt in front her house. She sighed a little so jessica shouldn’t have to notice it. “I don’t know, maybe he is a robber or something”

“I’ll go ask him personally then” Jessica said

“Whatever”

 

 

In 10 minutes soojung finds jongin exploring her room. Her sister gave him some interview and with a warm hands welcoming him in. even letting him to stepped at her comfort zone, there is no one in home only she and her sister. Yet she letting a boy that her sister barely knows to enter her room?

“What do you want actually?”

“I want a date, but visiting your room is more appealing right now” Jongin said and start to touch soojung’s things on her mini table. There is a picture of baby soojung “Can I have this picture?” jongin said and she snatch it away from him. “DO NOT TOUCH MY THINGS!” She yelled

 

Finally jongin get what he wants they’re going on a date. Soojung can’t stand with him bugging at her stuff. So she agreed on a date or whatever it calls. Jongin bought 2 movie tickets, 2 cola, 1 caramel popcorn and nachos. “According to my source you like romantic comedy movie, so I hope you like my movie choice and also I bought caramel popcorn and nachos with a cheese sauce.” Jongin said as soojung grab the popcorn from him.

“But, I prefer lemon tea rather than cola” The girl said as she stuffed some popcorn to

“Oh dang it, I’ll change it then” Jongin hurriedly went to change the drink.

Actually soojung is fine with everything, it doesn’t have to be caramel popcorn or nachos with cheese sauce. She just finds it fun to make him flustered like that.

 

“The movie is fun right?” Jongin said as both of them walked out from the cinema.

“Like you watched the entire show” Soojung smirking, because she knows that jongin actually didn’t watch the movie. It just sometimes when soojung took a glance to him he will pretend he watched the movie. Soojung finds it’s cute, it’s her first time that boy adore him that much, but she didn’t feel any feels toward the boy yet.

Jongin stretched his head, feels awkward when he thought soojung won’t notice that he wasn’t pay attention to the movie. It was soojung’s smile and laugh it’s such a distraction.

“So do you want to grab some ice cream?” Soojung asked

“Sure princess”

 

Jongin thought things will get different after the date, but soojung back into the cold bold ice princess again. She didn’t smiles back to him when he waits for her in front the school gates. Sehun laugh at him and said that it was impossible for him that he finally could have a date with her.

“Seriously bruh, you probably day dreaming at that time” Sehun patted jongin’s back while walking to their classes.

 

“So—what happen to the smiling soojung yesterday?” Jongin suddenly appeared in front of soojung’s eyes. The girl hardly gulped her meals, she need to out 10 minutes before the class end because she knows that jongin will wait for her and blocked her way to canteen like he usually do.

“Die”

“So I need to barge into your room again today? or--”

Soojung look so pissed by him. “O-kay I won’t do that again, it just I’m curious why you suddenly act different? I thought we’re getting close after our date yesterday?” Jongin tries to explain. “I didn’t like you so yeah” She said and continued to eat

“It’s because you didn’t want to open yourself to me!”

“Why would I? What’s the benefit for me to open to you?”

“I’ll show you love”

“I’ve been in love and relationship so everything you said sounds likes another bull to me”

“No soojung, damn it! I’ll show you that I’m not like the rest ex of yours”

 

 

 

Months passed soojung watched jongin waved from her room’s window. A smile never left the boy’s face. Starting from that day, jongin always be the one who is there for her. When she needs or doesn’t even need helps. Mostly when she doesn’t need helps, it’s quite embarrassing to find him cheering for her with a huge “GO GO SOOJUNG” Poster during her volley competition.

“Is it already official?” Jessica asked

Soojung threw herself on her bed joining her sister. “Nope” She replied. A smack landed on her head the younger make an akk sounds showing she is hurt, jessica frowned at her “It’s been 4 months jung!”

“He will get tired of me I swear jess!”

“Oh please, I don’t get where is the ideas of 'boys only like the chase' come from. Yes most of guys like that, but not all of them krys”

“It’s from the song I know and based on my experience?”

Jessica roll her eyes “You likes romantic movies and books, but you didn’t like it if your life becoming so romantic?”

“Jess please, everything on book and movies are fictional. Even if there are labeled as 'based on true story' it won’t 100% real”

“One day, if he confessed and you said no. I don’t want to hear any regret things from you..”

“I won’t..” Soojung said as jessica left her room.

 

She won’t because that day during her birthday jongin make a surprise event in the school yard. He puts candles and balloons then transform it as 'Happy B-day Princess'. Soojung who is ashamed and want to escaped, being pushed by one of the student to face jongin who already waited for her with 17 red roses and baby breath in his hands.

“You really—“

“Happy birthday ice princess” Jongin said and give the flower to the birthday girl. Soojung face blushing hard, she doesn’t know how to control her emotion anymore. “So, birthday girl. In this special day I would like ask you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter