"My precious watermelon!"

His precious watermelon

Kangin started harvesting watermelon since young. He had helped his parents harvest watermelons, so he grew up loving it. He felt a sense of joy when he sees his watermelons grow so big and juicy. He doesn’t earn much from harvesting this fruit, but it was enough to support him and his family of three.

He usually does not have a hard time selling the watermelons he harvested because, after all, it is just a watermelon. But there was this one watermelon that changed his life. The watermelon was so much bigger than the other watermelons. It was so big and pretty, he could not take his eyes off it. He sold the rest of the watermelons he harvested that season, except for his favourite watermelon. When his wife wanted to cut the watermelon to eat it, he hit her hand. “Don’t touch my baby!” he warned her. “Oppa, I am your wife, I am your baby, or your daughter. Not this watermelon!” she replied. This watermelon obsession was getting out of hand, she thought.

Kangin wanted to bring his precious watermelon from his stall to his house, just in case anything happens to it. While he was crossing the road, a thief who was running away from the police accidentally bumped into him. His precious watermelon flew out of his hand.

“No…. No… No!!! My precious!!!” he screamed. “You idiot, I hope you get caught!” He shouted at the man. His precious watermelon that he dearly loved, it’s gone. It was all over the ground. He tried to gather the pieces of the watermelon together, in hopes to put it back together. Of course, it doesn’t work.

“Yeobo…. Look at my precious watermelon…” Kangin trailed off, sobbing. “Oh no, what happened oppa?!” his wife asked, pretending to care. Honestly, she was happy his precious watermelon is, now technically, gone. “A man bumped into me while I was carrying my precious baby. I am sorry my dear watermelon,” he talked to it, as if it could understand. “We can always harvest another huge watermelon, oppa. Let’s just throw this away, okay? The next time we harvest watermelons, I am sure they’ll all be big and juicy,” she reassured him, while cupping his face.

While Kangin felt really horrible to throw his precious watermelon, his wife was jumping for joy in her heart. She could get back her husband’s love. Finally.