Part 1

Crescendo

Wendy couldn’t really say that she’s enjoying the life that she’s living at the moment.

Rather than pursuing her dream on being a singer, she went to work at the office instead.

She didn’t blame anyone about it though, she’s the one who chose the path herself and it’s all because she needed the money to survive.

Lucky for her, she managed to land a spot as a secretary to one of the managing directors to which paid quite a handsome amount of money that even afforded her an apartment in Gangnam.

She would occasionally send some money over to her parents in Canada though, since she felt bad for leaving them behind there with her other siblings.

They were a tad surprised the moment Wendy announced her plan on moving back to the country they came from but nevertheless, her parents were rather supportive of whatever their precious daughter wanted to do.

As Wendy was about to make her way towards the elevator, a hand stopped her from behind and it turns out to be the director that she worked for, Kwon Yuri and the latter apparently was looking rather solemn compared to the usual.

“Can I have a word with you Wendy? I need to speak to you about something.”

“Uhm, sure Miss Kwon,” she nodded and swallowed her saliva nervously.

Did she do something wrong?

Wendy made sure to note down every single thing that the older woman asked her to do so that she would not forget them.

Was she going to be sacked off for not doing her job properly?

But she did her job properly though, and rather neatly if she must say.

Wendy quietly followed the managing director towards her office, nervous on what Yuri had to say to her and Wendy was greeted by the sight of a beautiful girl seated on the couch the moment she entered her boss’ office.

“Oh, you’re back unnie,” the unknown brunette spoke softly and smiled towards Yuri before averting her eyes to Wendy and the latter was so sure that as soon as she had her eyes on Wendy, the stranger flashed her a smirk.

What was that about?

“Yes Joohyun, I brought what you wanted,” Yuri frowned and plopped herself down on the couch, sighing deeply as she motioned Wendy to come closer to the two. “Let me introduce you to my half-sister, Bae Joohyun or as she prefers to be called Irene.”

Wendy blinked for a few times, trying to absorb what Yuri had just told her.

Half-sister? Why are their family names not the same then? And more importantly, why did Yuri mention about bringing something that her sister wanted?

“Don’t say that unnie, dad was the one who wanted me to have someone to take care of me,” Irene smiled innocently before looking over to Wendy once again, making sure to make an eye contact with the younger woman and it gave chills to Wendy.

The way Irene looked at her made Wendy felt like she was a prey standing in front of a hungry predator, and she was about to find out how true that was.

“But why did she had to choose my secretary,” Yuri groaned as she buried her face into her hands before squealing in frustration, a rather unusual sight of the usually charismatic director.

“Well, she’s quite good at her job I heard,” Irene laughed and patted her sibling on the back. “Don’t worry now, I’ll return her to you safe and sound until I find a secretary of my own.”

“Fine then, you better not do anything to her Joohyun,” Yuri warned her sister with a glare and Irene knew well what she meant by that. The woman with the slightly darker complexion then turned her attention back to Wendy, who was just standing there silently with a confused expression. “Let me explain to you now Wendy. You’ll be working with my sister until she finds a secretary of her own. Your salary will still be the same so you don’t have to worry about that.”

“Ah yes…”

Was all Wendy could give as a reply, along with a nod. She couldn’t do anything much about it anyways. Besides, she wasn’t going to complain if her salary stays the same.

“It’s her first time working for the company so I hope that you’ll be showing her some guidance, she’s quite a blockhead actually.”

“Yah, I heard that,” Irene pouted childishly before crossing her arms.

“Don’t do that, you’re already 26.”

“Not in 3 weeks, my beloved 29 year old unnie,” she retaliated with a smirk and blocked the cushion that was thrown to her.

“Shut up you twerp!”

“Watch your language unnie, your secretary is here,” Irene grinned in response and pointed towards Wendy to which Yuri immediately cleared up .

“Anyways, Joohyun will explain more as you start working for her. Now will you please excuse me, I need to make a call,” Yuri stood up from her spot and fished out her phone from her pocket, dialing someone as she head out of the office.

Wendy was left alone with Irene, who was going to be her boss for only god knows how long.

She was secretly hoping that Irene would just like Yuri.

Kind and charismatic, but after witnessing the scene earlier, dealing with Irene seems to be tough. And her view of Yuri had…changed a bit as well.

“Well then, shall we get to know each other better then?” Irene got up from the couch, offering her hand towards Wendy.

Wendy then took Irene’s hand without much thought and instead of receiving a handshake from the latter, she was pulled into an embrace with Irene whispering something to her.

“It’s nice to meet you Wendy, I’m sure that we’ll have a great time knowing each other.”

And that, sent another chill down to her spines.

-

Wendy sighed in relief when Irene told her that she had to go because she had something to take care of.

Irene was definitely creepy, as far as she could tell. Who on earth would do something like that on their first meeting?

Pulling someone into a hug and whispering creepy things. Well, it wasn’t that creepy but the vibe that Irene gave when she told her that was creepy.

Work went by as usual, and Wendy didn’t forget to drop by her friend’s café after work like she would normally do.

Her friend, Seulgi makes the best food next to her mom and it was at the café where she would get her food.

“So, you’re saying that your old boss has a half-sister who is your new boss now and she’s creeping you out?” the yellow ombre-haired girl raised a brow curiously as she placed the cup of hot chocolate along with the plate of smoked salmon sandwich in front of Wendy, taking a seat across the latter afterwards.

“Yes, did you ever hug anyone the first time you’re meeting that person and whispering something to that someone? We Canadians don’t even do that,” Wendy took a huge bite of the sandwich, trying to fill up her empty stomach.

“It sounds to me that she swings that way though, and she’s hitting on you…” Seulgi leaned over the table and whispered.

“What?!”

Wendy choked on her food, spitting out the sandwich she was chewing right onto Seulgi’s face to which the latter shouted in disgust. “Yah!”

“I’m sorry now. Here,” Wendy smiled apologetically and offered her friend a napkin, to which Seulgi immediately cleaned her face with. “But seriously, do you think that she’s gay and trying to hit on me?”

“Duh, that definitely screams gay to me,” Seulgi clicked her tongue in response to Wendy’s innocence. The girl could be quite slow at times. That was probably the reason why she never got laid before.

“What am I going to do then?” Wendy groaned in frustration. “You’re familiar with these things, tell me what to do Seulgi-ah.”

“Well, first of all… Is she hot?”

“…She is pretty.”

“Then just flirt back, what’s the big deal?” Seulgi grinned as she wiggled her brows playfully. She shouldn’t have asked her, Wendy thought as she smacked the back of Seulgi’s head in reut. Seulgi is useless other than for her cooking skills.

-

Wendy was surprised to see that there was someone new moving into the apartment next to hers. The last time she heard, her last neighbour got kicked out of the place since he couldn’t pay the rent anymore.

The guy was a sleaze anyways, she was happy to have a new neighbour.

She would probably just greet the new neigbour tomorrow, she thought. She was far too tired to deal with anyone right now.

Although, that seems to not be a choice as the new neighbour herself greeted her first before Wendy even get to punch in the password to her place.

“Oh, what are you doing here?”

Wendy froze on spot upon hearing the familiar voice and she secretly hoped that the person would not turn out whom she was expecting to be but her hope was shattered into pieces as she got a look at the beautiful devil.

Irene.

Irene herself seems to be shocked to see her new secretary there but everything just turns out to be more fun for her as the smirk that she had earlier at the office returned. “Ah, nevermind. It seems that you’re my new neighbour.”

“U-Uh, yes miss Bae,” Wendy nodded timidly, her hands growing sweaty as she faced the devil once again.

Why is Irene making her feel like this again? Oh yes, she’s creeping her out, she tried to reason with herself.

“Would you like to help me out with the boxes? I need this to be done by the end of the night,” Irene shrugged and pointed towards the many boxes lying out in the hallway. Wendy inwardly groaned at the thoughts of helping her new boss out with the physical work but she wouldn’t want to lose her job over it.

Wendy gave her a solemn nod before putting down her bag and proceeded on helping out Irene with the box.

Throughout the whole thing, Irene would steal glances at her new secretary’s curves and Wendy, wasn’t that oblivious now that she’s putting her guard up around Irene right after hearing what Seulgi has to say.

Wendy tried to assured herself that nothing was going to happen that she even mumbled a mantra until she finished carrying the last box of the day but just when she thought she would be able to go home safely – which is not so safe now considering that it’s just next door, Irene suddenly pushed her against the wall and Wendy could notice the hungry look in her eyes.

“Do you know that you look so damn hot in your outfit?”

“I-I, Miss Bae… Please don’t do this,” Wendy whimpered as she looked away from Irene, in hope that her boss would get back to her senses but her action just urged the older girl even more.

 

-TBC-

I’m not sure on whether to make this rated or not actually. As you can see, I at writing at my other oneshot- sobs. But I feel like making something mature so I came up with this. There would probably be a few rated chapters in this fic but this would concentrate more on the storyline.