are easier to fix

Skinned knees
 
 
 
As the photoshoot progresses, Kyungsoo finds himself watching Luhan more and more. He couldn’t help, but watch those feminine eyes turn into crescents with little stars dotting the darkness. A sweet smile upon pink lips showcasing straight, beautiful pearly whites. Kyungsoo finds himself smiling along with the caramel haired boy making the photographer squeal in delight.
 
After the shoot, Kyungsoo walks over to Luhan who sits by a fan while taking a sip of water.
 
"Good job today, ge!"
 
"Thanks, you did great as well!"
 
Kyungsoo blushes and nervously grabs the hem of his plaid blazer. "Thank you..."
 
"Luhaaaaaan!" a force shoves Kyungsoo away from Luhan.
 
"Hey Baekkie!"
 
"Don't call me that," the cute faced newcomer pouts. "I don't like that nickname."
 
"But Chanyeol came up with it! You even said you loved it."
 
"I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I really hate it," Baekhyun crosses his arms in a haughty manner.
 
Luhan giggles. His eyes smile.
 
Kyungsoo feels himself turn into mush at the sight of Luhan's eye smile. He wants Luhan to smile at him like that. Slinking out of the room, butterflies flutter in his stomach, and his heart thumps loudly like a kick drum at a concert.
 
Today is the day. I will confess today!
 
The brunette curls his hands into a fist and whispers a quick you got this before moving out of the way of incoming props. He quickly dashes to the restroom.
 
 
 
After his bathroom break, Kyungsoo jogs back to the set only to be rushed out for a costume change. This time he was in an orange vest, a white button-up underneath, with a cute plaid bow tie that would match with Luhan's outfit.
 
It was similar to couple clothing, in a weird sort of way.
 
Kyungsoo giggles behind his hand hiding a gorgeous heart-shaped smile, as he walks on the set. “Hi, Luhan ge!”
 
“Kyung-ah, you look so cute!” Luhan flashes a small smile and turns to the director for instructions.
 
“The last photoshoot was about..." Kyungsoo tunes the director out while his mind wanders. "...lots of friendly skinship like arms around each other’s necks.”
 
The photographer readies his camera, as the pair cheer each other on. Luhan throws an arm around Kyungsoo’s neck. The younger’s cheeks flare slightly.
 
“Is everyone ready? Let’s start!” the music plays and the two of them begin smiling widely.
 
 
 
Cute, huggable, and down to earth were just a couple words and phrases to describe the two. The whole room felt fluffy watching the two interact with each other. Eventually, like the first photoshoot, Kyungsoo started to watch the older more than the camera lenses, the various parts of the room he was taught to look at in acting school, and the random places his eyes would wander off to during a shoot. His eyes always led him to look at the caramel haired 25 year-old male as if saying go confess.
 
“Good job, everyone! Thank you for all your hard work! I expect to see you all tomorrow.” the Director shouts over the noise. Everyone sighs in relief and goes to clean up. The short brunette offers a small, shy smile to the slightly taller elder.
 
“Hey, Lu-ge?”
 
A smile reciprocates itself onto Luhan’s face, “Yeah? You did a really good job today! The photos are gonna turn out amazing!”
 
Kyungsoo feels he blushed too much today. “Thanks. Uh, c-can I talk to you in private? Later?”
 
The elder tilts his head in slight confusion, “Uhm...sure! Where we goin’?”
 
“I don’t know? Coffee? Bubble tea? Whatever you want, I just need to talk to you about something...” he hangs his head down in embarrassment and clutches the end of his vest in nervousness.
 
“I’ll meet you outside of the building! See you in a bit then, Kyung-ah!” Luhan waves to Kyungsoo as he leaves the room to go change.
 
A sigh escapes his full lips, as cheeks flare in pure humiliation. He leaves the room as well to change into his regular clothing.
 
 
 
Moments later, Kyungsoo goes outside to find Luhan wearing a white skull shirt, a denim jacket, and a pair of white, worn out Converse. The 25 year-old looked like a model despite the plainness of what he’s wearing, compared to the brunette’s oversized gray hoodie, dark wash jeans, with gray beat up vans which looked so boring. “So, let’s get coffee? It’s still pretty chilly for bubble tea... ”
 
“If you want to get bubble tea, we can go get bubble tea!” Kyungsoo laughs.
 
“I just don’t want you getting sick on me, that’s all!” Luhan giggles and links their arms together, “Let’s go!”
 
Kyungsoo’s face lights up so beautifully, as he’s dragged across Seoul to get to a bubble tea place on a chilly Tuesday afternoon.
 
They sit down in a secluded booth facing each other after ordering their drinks. Noses red and hands deep in warm pockets. Despite being cold and waiting for cold drinks, the two smile gleefully.
 
“So, why did you want to meet up?”
 
He freezes up, metaphorically.
 
“Here are your orders! One taro and one green tea! Enjoy!” the server chimes happily.
 
Luhan smiles and thanks the server while he reaches for his drink. “Soo, you okay?”
 
“I- uh... ” Kyungsoo grabs his green tea flavored bubble tea and starts sipping. The cold beverage calms his nerves, but numbs his fingers. The caramel haired other looks confused. “I-I wanted to talk to y-you because... ” Kyungsoo trails stirring the tapioca pearls in his drink.
 
Thank god he was just drinking, instead of pestering the other for an answer. That would’ve stressed Kyungsoo out even more.
 
“IlikeyouLuhan,” Kyungsoo rushes out and is relieved once it was finally out of his system.
 
“What did you say? Slow down a bit, Kyung-ah!” Luhan giggles, despite the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.
 
“I... I like you, Luhan.”
 
“Oh,” he was right. He did hear correctly.
 
This changes a lot…
 
An awkward atmosphere ensues.
 
“I’m sorry...I just really needed to say it or I might burst...The way your face glows when you smile. How the corners of your eyes upturn into mini crescents.” Kyungsoo slowly gains strength in his voice. “I just love seeing the stars in your eyes... ”
 
“I really, really like you, Luhan.”
 
The other male had no idea how to respond. He liked Kyungsoo of course, brown hair that shines in pretty reds under the sun, his heart-shaped smiles, and his beautiful wide eyes, but Luhan preferred curves over straight lines. “Kyungsoo, I don’t kn-”
 
“You’re into women. I figured as much. There’s no way you could like me like that.”
 
“Don’t put yourself down, Soo. I’m pretty sure there are plenty of other men in the world that would love you.”
 
He puts his head down in slight shame, “but I don’t want them... I want you.”
 
Luhan stares at the younger flabbergasted. “Kyung-”
 
The latter leaves in a flash, tear tracks glistening on his face.
 
That night, Kyungsoo’s pillow was soaked in tears, and the silent sound of a heart breaking was heard as loud as thunder.
 
 
 
Luhan lays on his side watching the commotion outside his wide window. He watched sports cars race down the street, while women in skimpy outfits go to bars with other women or men. Flipping onto his other side, he stares at the blank white wall.
 
Kyungsoo.
 
Kyungsoo.
 
Kyungsoo.
 
The name repeated over and over again like a broken record player. It was maddening and prevented the model from going to sleep. He felt guilty and angry over the conversation that ended hours ago. His tear stained face imprinted in the darkness of the room.
 
 
 
He wakes up the next morning, eyes puffy and pillow drenched in salty tears. Kyungsoo didn’t feel like showing up for work today. Instead he lounged around his open apartment and wallowed in his sorrows. Throughout the day, he often felt the need to go back in time. Back when the only thing that hurt you most was a scrape.
 
Something that could be healed in days, while this,
 
this could take years.
 
After all,
 
skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts.