Chapter 11

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I woke up just like the usual the next day. Stupid habits. Do I have to wake this early every day from now on? I tried to force myself to sleep at the comfort of my bed. But even after tossing and turning. I can’t sleep. I let myself roll off bed and into the floor. Surprisingly, I find it more comfortable but still, I can’t force myself to sleep anymore.

Instead of irritating myself I just decided to take a bath, like I usually do at a time like this.Last night was by far the most dramatic experience I’ve ever had with my family.

After ringing the doorbell, a couple of times, I was greeted by a surprised Mrs. Nam. She’s our head maid. We have 5 maids all in all in the house. I’ve known her since I was young, she’s like a grandmother. She also took care of my dad when he was young. Yes, she is pretty old.

When she saw me, I thought she almost had a heart attack. She flung her arms around me and cried hysterically. I had to calm her for a few minutes before we headed inside.

She called everyone up in an instant. She started ordering the other maids. One maid took my bag and the other was ordered to fix my room and someone was ordered to prepare a food. Yes, I’m pretty spoiled. That’s how I was raised. But before all of them proceed to their respective chores, I said that I’m fine. I don’t want to eat. I don’t even want to wait for someone to clean my room. I don’t care if it’s dirty. I just want sleep and forget everything that happened before I went here.

A few minutes after, my mom and my dad were racing down the stairs. Mom hugged me the moment she got close and dad put an affectionate hand on my shoulder. The feeling of being grateful came to me. I’ve always taken them for granted. But after feeling the pain of the previous events I’m just really grateful that there are people who are still there for me.

“What’s wrong honey? Oh my god. Are you crying?” Mom gasped after she pulled me off her. I wiped my eyes.

Damn it. Why am I crying again? Just... Remembering her face, her words of rejection. It really hurts.

Thinking about it, I must’ve hurt my parents as well when I rejected them and left home. Is this how they felt?

“I’m sorry I left.” I bowed and pulled my mom for another hug. I heard her sniffed. She’s crying as well. I looked at my dad and said the same thing. He smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

“You were forgiven even before you apologize. That’s how parents are.” His tears fell from his eyes before wiping it off while laughing.

“I really missed you Baekhyun.” My mom hugged me tighter. Too tight but I didn’t mind.

“I missed you too.” I said back, finding the words truer than I intended to be.

 

After I finished bathing, I headed downstairs. All the maids that are doing something stopped and greeted me as I passed. Their expression cannot hide the shock of seeing me so early in the morning. My mom and dad, as expected, are still in bed and finding nothing to do bore me. So instead of repeating the same scenario of last night over and over again and making my heart continuously break I headed to the kitchen to look for something better to do.

“Good morning Mrs. Nam. Is there anything I can help you with?” Mrs. Nam only stared at me for a minute, so I didn’t wait for her to answer as I went to the sink and wash the dirty dishes that she used for cooking. Something I always do while Taeyeon was cooking. My heart sank at the thought.

“Baekhyun are you alright?” I wiped my head to her direction and force a smile. I was about to say that I’m fine, but she spoke first.

“Since when did you learn how to wash dishes?” I blinked. Oh, so she’s asking about that.

I smiled. This time it’s real. “Someone thought me. I’m pretty good at it so feel free to ask me if you’re too lazy to do the dishes.”

She laughed. I did as well. “You’ll regret saying that.”

I realized that it was a regrettable statement. Here we use a bunch of dishes and utensils every meal. Just thinking about the pile of dirty dishes that needed washing gave me a shiver.

“Maybe, just asked me for help from time to time.” I grinned at her and she laughed once again.

 

 

 

When my mom and dad woke up for breakfast, they couldn’t stop staring at me with their mouths hanged low. I tried to ignore them but I miserable failed because they aren’t even eating anymore.

“What?”

“What happened to you?” My dad asked. He tried to close his mouth but dropped again. I bit back a laugh.

“Is this permanent? Honey, shouldn’t we take a photo of this?” Why does my mom suddenly acted like Chanyeol.

I rolled my eyes. “Just eat your food.”

After that they bombarded me with question that I didn’t mind answering honestly. Mrs. Nam joined the Q and A as well. They were surprised that not only can I wash the dishes, but I can also wash my own clothes. I also told them that waking up early became a routine, so they’ll be used of seeing me walking in the living room at 5 in the morning.

“You really live with a classmate?” My mom confirmed. I nodded my head.

“Not just a classmate, it’s a girl classmate who happened to have a kid. Seriously, what’s wrong with teens these days?” My ear snapped.

“Dad. Stop talking about her like that. She’s not like any other girls. She’s the smartest girl in class, maybe in school. She tutors those who are lacking for free and she works hard to feed her daughter. She’s a really respectable girl. I won’t allow you to insult her just because she became a mother in such young age. Besides, it’s not like she just got knocked up by some ert. She was in love.” Too in love. My heart, I wonder how much pain you can take.

My mom and dad looked at each other for a second with knowing glances. I knotted my brow.

“What?” They both shrugged and shook their head.

“So, where’s the kids dad? I doubt that you’ll be able to stay there if the person she’s in love with is there.” Dad asked after a bite from his chicken.

“He’s dead.” They both gasped.

“Oh my. Then her little girl doesn’t have a father? How pi...”

“Mom stop. They don’t want to be pitied. Taeyeon is capable of giving Seohyun a great future. I thought it was pitiful at first too, but after staying with them I kind of envied their relationship. If you only see how she raised her daughter mom... You’d be amazed.”

My mom blinked twice at me before looking at my dad who only nodded at her and smiled. I asked them again about their secret conversation in front of me but they dismissed the question again like it’s not important.

“So, what’s her daughter like. I’d like to see her.” Mom is really fond of children and I bet she’ll find Seohyun as the most adorable kid in the world. I told her everything about Seohyun and promised her that I’ll try bringing her here. Then I remembered that Taeyeon doesn’t want me in her life and Seohyun’s a part of that life too.

“What’s wrong son?” Mom placed her hand on top of mine.

“Nothing. I think bringing Seohyun here would be impossible after all.”

“Why?”

“Her mom hates me.”

“Taeyeon?” I nodded.

“Why? Did you do something to her?” I shook my head. I haven’t even started anything, and I’m already being hated. It's all because I look like someone. Again, the feeling of hating myself came.

My mom smiled. “I’m sure she doesn’t hate you. From the impression I’m getting from your stories I don’t think she’s capable of hating anyone. Maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter