Chapter 9

Unhoped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Why can’t I see her?” I asked Tiffany when she went to the house to take Seohyun to their house. Taeyeon was already there. Still crying I supposed.

“Because she only asked for her kid. Not you.”

The hell… Of course, I know that. Why the hell would she call me when she’s crying?

“It’s not like I’m expecting to be called by her. I just… I just want to see her. And see if she’s okay.”

“She’s fine.”

“But…”

“Baekhyun…” She sighed. She took a deep breath and shifted Seohyun’s sleeping body from her left arm to her right.

“I’ll just carry Seohyun. Tiffany. Please.”

She was contemplating for a second before handing Seohyun to me. “Just don’t do anything unnecessary okay?”

“I promise. Thank you.” She led the way and we headed to their house.

 

 

Chanyeol was long gone. He went home when Tiffany told her that she had to comfort her best friend. At that moment I was only looking at Taeyeon. I was about to walk to her and pulled her to my chest when Tiffany beat me to it and pulled her to their house instead.

“Baekhyun… Don’t do or say anything unnecessary okay?”

“I got it already.” I almost snapped.

What does she mean by unnecessary anyway? I knitted my brow but didn’t ask because she already gestured me to come inside and I was really in a hurry to see Taeyeon. My eyes instantly roamed to the unfamiliar house searching for Taeyeon. I really didn’t have to search long since she was the one who came running towards me… or towards to the person I’m carrying. She took Seohyun away from my arms and hugged her tightly. She didn’t even spare me a glance when she did that. Even when she said her gratitude, her eyes didn’t go to my direction. That hurts.

She’s still crying. I think she’s crying more now that her daughter is in her embrace. Good thing the kid sleeps like an animal hibernating. She’s not disturbed by her mother’s wailing. She really cries so loud. Almost like a kid. I just wanted to reach for her, she’s just so close but for the nth time, Tiffany beat me in doing want I wanted to do. She pulled Taeyeon towards the couch and let her settle there.

I was trailing them. It’s the only thing I’m allowed to do.

“What happened? What did he do now?” Tiffany asked. I almost patted her shoulder for asking the question that’s been bother me the most.

“Sehun, he’s angry at me. I think I may have done something. I don’t know. He just suddenly yelled at me.”

“What did you do before he yelled at you?” She looked down to her daughter who was sleeping soundly in her lap and then blush. She looked at Tiffany, then at me and then back to Tiffany again.

“Did you make out?” I choked at Tiffany’s fast realization. I didn’t believe it of course but seeing Taeyeon reaction… I just heard something snapped.

“And then what?” Tiffany continued. Is she not fazed by that? It’s not a normal thing is it? Taeyeon said she doesn’t like the guy, no wait, she said no but I already know that she does because she at lying so much. I clenched my hand tightly.

“And then, I don’t know what happened. I was so into it and then he just pushed me away. And then he started yelling ‘stop calling me that’ and ‘I’m not him’. I didn’t even know what I said. When I asked him about what’s he talking about, he just told me to go away because he doesn’t want to see me.” She was crying again.

I didn’t hear anything she said after she blurted out that she was so into it. She was into it? I heard another snapping sound.

“Taeyeon, you don’t like Sehun.”

“What? I like him.”

Snap.

“Then what do you like about him?”

“Umm. His face?”

Snap.

“See. I knew it. Just forget about him. He’s not what you’re looking for.”

“What are you talking about? I like Sehun. I know what I feel.”

Snap.

“No, you don’t. You’re being blind again.”

Taeyeon stood abruptly but sat back again when Seohyun’s head fell from her lap. She started glaring at Tiffany.

“Stop! Why are you always saying that?”

“Because it’s true. Taeyeon, you like the guy because of his face. What does that tell you? Stop being an idiot. You’re only hurting yourself more. And just like this when you cry…” Tiffany started crying too, but her sharp glare still intact. “It hurts. It hurts seeing you acting like that. Stop hurting yourself and stop hurting others. He’s not coming back.”

“What are you…”

“LUHAN! He’s not coming back damn it. Just forget about him already. Stop finding his features to other guys. Stop this lunacy. Stop hurting yourself.”

Tiffany cried. And that got the old lady (Tiffany’s mother) to burst out in her room asking no one in particular what had happened while she’s sleeping.

I felt something brush against me and when I looked down it was Taeyeon walking passed us with Seohyun in her arms. I didn’t get to see the look on her face which bothered me a lot.

I just stood still, watching as the old lady comfort her daughter. I wanted to follow Taeyeon, but what would I say when it’s just the two of us?

I didn’t even understand most of their conversation. One minute we we’re talking about that bastard Sehun and then the next minute Luhan’s name popped out of nowhere.

What the hell? Did I just blackout while they we’re talking? I just heard a bunch of snapping sound I guess I didn’t listen much to their conversation.

“What are you still doing here?” I heard Tiffany sniffed. Her eyes were puffed. I opened my mouth but realized that I’ve got nothing to say I just closed it again.

I know there’s a lot of question in my mind but it’s not processing well today so I can’t say anything.

“Sehun... he’s Luhan’s younger brother.” Tiffany answered one of my many questions. My brow just instinctively draws together.

“They look crazy alike. Taeyeon… that idiot. She’s seeing Seohyun’s dad in him. I bet she unknowingly blurted out his name when they kissed.” Again, the heavy feeling just came again.

“I particularly told Sehun not to lead her on and to stay away from her. But he didn’t… he actually stayed closer to her.” Another tear fell from her eyes.

“When she keeps remembering him, she cannot move on. She’s trapped in the past, always wanting to be with Luhan, always seeing him in every man and always hurting herself when she realized it’s not really him. I want her to move on. That’s why Baekhyun… Don’t do anything unnecessary. You said you don’t like her, but you might, I know you might because she’s perfect. And she will like you, because you resemble him as well and like Sehun you will hurt her because you don’t want to be the man she wants you to be or she sees in you. So please… I’m begging here. Don’t do anything unnecessary.”

 

 

 

 

 

“So, by unnecessary she meant don’t fall for her.” I sigh for the nth time. My mind was preoccupied by the happenings of yesterday.

When I got home, Taeyeon already lock herself on their room. It’s not like I’ve got anything to say so I did not knock at their door. I toss and turn a little too many before sleeping. And this morning when I woke up, she’s still locked on her door. I thought of knocking at that time but pulled back the thought. I might do something unnecessary when I see her sad face.

When I arrived at school, I see a few people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter